Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

That was the most contradictory reply I have read in a long time. I hate sugar coating stuff, so let me be blunt. It is great to have someone with your flying knowledge on here. I have never had $$$ or $$$$ to buy whatever drones I please. I wish I had just one of the ones you listed in your message. Perhaps one day I will.

So let me start by saying, that this developer that created this app is a genius, but it's very possible that they don't get on here much because frankly I forget about this group sometimes. It's just not a part of my daily doings, but I'm not here to give you an excuse for the developers behaf.

Next thing, you say your on Amazon and eBay, which means you had to go through their long process of getting everything setup on two accounts. And I'm guessing that the logins are the same username and password just so you don't forget.....

Do you have a Google GMAIL account? (Email)

It takes less than 5 min to set one up if you don't. Oh and you know you can link your bank account to your Google account, which if your following along, can automatically create a Amazon account and a eBay account. When you go to click on login with Google button.

Next order of business, you say your an older person of this world, and set in your ways, but get you are indulging into a field of interest that doesn't allow people to be set in their way, because those people don't learn new things, don't listen to good critizism.

Ultimately I am on here to help you. Truthfully, no one pays for my replies, no one forces me to open this webpage and read everyones messages, I do it because I want to learn a new trick, learn a new skill, take part in a community that feeds each other's goals.

You dont want to deal with mandatory updates, and paid apps, and special accounts, but do you know what a little sacrifice gets you in this field, a lot of great knowledge, safe flying and a fun enjoyable experience.

Reactions: Ansia
Create a Google account, go to the store and buy a gift card for Google play and do it that way. Heck if you can go buy a Google play gift card and use it without having a Google account to download the app then please do share with the community. But the developers are protected under Google play store for their app and it's recognized all over the world. Paying for the app via Amazon or eBay is not how it works. It just doesn't work that way.

Create a Google account, go to the store and buy a gift card for Google play and do it that way. Heck if you can go buy a Google play gift card and use it without having a Google account to download the app then please do share with the community. But the developers are protected under Google play store for their app and it's recognized all over the world. Paying for the app via Amazon or eBay is not how it works. It just doesn't work that way.
Store as in the one you have to leave home for and drive or walk to to buy a gift card...

So you said you don't have a Paypal account, and yet you are an eBay power seller? :unsure:

Edit: You don’t like creating accounts, and yet you created one here to rant about not creating any more accounts to purchase a great app.

Last edited:
For an 80+ year old person, you are very knowledgeable about using an app for hacked android apps. You talk about security in your accounts, and yet to download apps from a place that has been known to alter apks to steal personal info. If you had a Google Play account, you can get instant updates on all your apps, instead of waiting for someone to upload them.

The reason DJI grounds their drones until updated is for security reasons. They are always trying to comply with new laws and regulations around the world and always trying to keep their birds as safe as possible. Autel Evo lets you fly in a No Fly Zone. For an american made drone, not to follow the FAA rules is very irresponsible IMO. Remember there are stupid people out there that will try this. DJI protects stupid people from themselves.

I can understand your resistance against making a new account. That is fine. All I can tell you is, you will not be trying out aTellopilot anytime soon.

Reactions: GabrielK
And you were wrong about the Tello not having restrictions, I talked to a faa representative and anything that flys from a toy nano drone to a massive drone has restrictions

And you were wrong about the Tello not having restrictions, I talked to a faa representative and anything that flys from a toy nano drone to a massive drone has restrictions
That is an interesting topic you just placed there. Was the FAA rep able to give you these restrictions? You got me curious as to which limitations, we as aTellopilots have in airspace.

I would also like to see that but then this would go Off Topic so start a thread on FAA restrictions .
After reading just the last few pages in this guys all I will ask is for you guys to be civil .
If someone is posting just to be posting put them on ignore and you will not see them .
Thanks 0ROJYyg.png

And yes, You do have other outlets to sell and serve your products to your consumers. Just ask Litchi about that ;)
They sell there app on amazon and facebook and itunes and google play, etc, etc. This person should do that as well to expand their reach to the public. Ebay as well. There are tons of eCommerce sites that allow young programmers to sell their products. Heck, 20 years ago i remembering having a website/page set up in 1 day and was up and running and selling product that same week.

And even it that app litchi is not the best app for dji drones, they are still getting 25 bucks a pop for it. I would gladly pay 25 bucks for this atellopilot if it was that good. I am ALWAYS willing to support good products. But i just can't get any reply from anybody as of yet.

But the huge thing that litchi is doing is giving people a choice and option of how they buy their app. Good market call. atellopilot can cover all these bases easy by simply expanding their reach/ Know i understand that this app is maybe 6 months old, But you really have to move quick because faa is pretty much shutting down drones unfortunately day by day it seems with all the new laws and what not :( But that is good for this programmer, The tello weighs 90 grams (apx). and is exempt from most regulations so far, So please, Get your product out there fast while you have a good market window. A fellow could retire nowadays on just one well written app that people can buy.

Heck i would donate to the cause if i could only get a hold of the person to buy the app. lol

Can we get back on topic with this thread? FAA, BAA, CAA, ZAA, Play store, App store blah blah blah, whatever don't care. I've learned so much about this great app so I bought it for the price of a cup of overpriced Starbucks and want to hear more about members using it and their good times and bad times with it. This way the developer can see all of this and provide more valuable updates instead of seeing this crap. Am I wrong?
Cheers!!!

@bluejune : we have paid for your excellent app. When will we get what we deserve?
We have asked for some fixes and aditional functionality.
In my case, have requested "a way to make smoother yaws when using a joystick" , that way, we can make better footage...
Your answer, a month ago was: " Thanks for your feedback. I'll add a feature to map the RC input to modified output for this kind of request. "
So... how is you doing with that?
Thanks in advance for your answer...
Best regards
Gabriel

Reactions: Odde
@bluejune : we have paid for your excellent app. When will we get what we deserve?
We have asked for some fixes and aditional functionality.
In my case, have requested "a way to make smoother yaws when using a joystick" , that way, we can make better footage...
Your answer, a month ago was: " Thanks for your feedback. I'll add a feature to map the RC input to modified output for this kind of request. "
So... how is you doing with that?
Thanks in advance for your answer...
Best regards
Gabriel
Please redirect your questions to a thread that is more about your concerns, this is not that thread,
Thank you

Please redirect your questions to a thread that is more about your concerns, this is not that thread,
Thank you

And why would it not be 'the right thread'? The app author started this thread and has been present off and on this whole time.

I vote to end this thread.

When I get tired of a thread I just don't click into it anymore.

I apologise for my recent remark. I swear the old man new member had started a new thread and I had replied to that, but now I don't see his posts now. Yes you all are correct. @bluejune did start this thread.

Reactions: GabrielK
Anyone using a Parrot Flypad controller? I got one just to use with my Tello. I like the way it works using a OTG cable. The problem I am having is that it freezes up every minute or so and the only way to get it working again is to unplug the cable and reinsert it. Needless to say this causes some scary moments. Any one else have this problem?

While we are talking about problems, I am using a ASUS Zenfone 2E. I keep having this message pop up on it while I am flying:

Cannot Connect to Internet Through Tello - Change WI-Fi Hotspot/Cancel

While this message is displayed on my phone I have no control of the Tello. I can choose Cancel, but it keeps coming back. I also have a GameSir G3S and and the same thing happens.

I think bluejune is gone. May be he dont want to Work in this Project. Or he is in jail because of the law in his Country.
Or he didnt pay his internet Provider.
Nevermind, hes gone.
Well if that is the case, it has been a good ride. I am sure it is a lot of work to keep something like this up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv