Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

aTelloPilot V0.4 released

Hi, I published aTelloPilot V0.4.
Here are the changes in this release.
  1. Disable auto connection in Settings for registration skip (default : off)
    • if your device can not scan WiFi even though Location service is turned on
    • it enables you to connect Tello with current connected WiFi as official Tello app
  2. Video lagging issue fixed
    • was reported on some android devices such as HTC u11, GS8+
    • reported by brick72, thanks Mario
  3. Position tracking issue fixed
    • tracking regardless of drone heading
    • reported by brick72, thanks Mario
  4. Return to home feature added
    • navigate to home where drone is turned on
  5. Reported minor bugs fixed
aTelloPilot wiki page is here

Thanks.

Reactions: JoeBaldy and Pollax
Thanks...USB OTG with one of my xbox one controllers worked fine. But, USB OTG with Gamesir T1D does not work.

EDIT: Why is there no "fast mode" in your app?
Button 2 is Fast mode as you see...
manual_screen.png

Reactions: urban_touring
Hi,
Just an idea : getting phone position, would be possible to implement a kind of "Folow phone" ? (we would just put the drone height).

- when click on a button, the app would get the gps phone position (initial position).
- then when moving, the app would get the new position and calculate the x y axes deplacement.
- the same way would be send to the tello (i am not wrong, you could order the tello to go x meters in every axes by programming ?)

Sorry for my bad english !! :(

Last edited:
Reactions: bluejune
Hi,
Just an idea : getting phone position, would be possible to implement a kind of "Folow phone" ? (we would just put the drone height).

- when click on a button, the app would get the gps phone position (initial position).
- then when moving, the app would get the new position and calculate the x y axes deplacement.
- the same way would be send to the tello (i am not wrong, you could order the tello to go x meters in every axes by programming ?)

Sorry for my bad english !! :(
Thanks for new feature idea (y)

Yes it is possible to track the movement of the phone with the GPS.
But the accuracy will be limited about several meters.
I think it is easier to implement it right now than ActiveTrack.
Let me check if it is working and then come back to you.

Thanks..

Hi, just Another idea which is passing through my head ☺ if you would implement folow me function. Maybe it would be easier for you to folow a unique symbol (for exemple a square) than everyone could print and put on the object to folow ?

I tested it on both my Phones Today.
The Video Delay is gone ok htc, it Works perfectly.
The rth didnt Work in HTC, but Perfect on. the lower powered LG X.

Whaaaaaat, no Face Tracking anymore?????
I could not find the butten, is it hidden somewhere????
No no no nooooo, Face Tracking has to return. Face Tracking means not follow me. Because both can be used for different Things. But follow me is a cool Feature I would like to see too.

The waypoint/Target Thing didnt Work. Just as like before. It Turns a bit to left or right, but no forward or backward.

Headless mode Works in HTC Perfect and fast. On LG it Works too, but not that as like on HTC. On LG it didnt Flight straight forward (as example) by circel on z achse. It wobbeling a bit to left and right too.

Free Mode (gyroscope) is to slow, to heavy on both Phones. I would not recomend to use it in this Stadium. You will defenetly Loose the bird.

Keep Working up on this project, Its a fun to see it grows!!!!!

I tested it on both my Phones Today.
The Video Delay is gone ok htc, it Works perfectly.
The rth didnt Work in HTC, but Perfect on. the lower powered LG X.

Whaaaaaat, no Face Tracking anymore?????
I could not find the butten, is it hidden somewhere????
No no no nooooo, Face Tracking has to return. Face Tracking means not follow me. Because both can be used for different Things. But follow me is a cool Feature I would like to see too.

The waypoint/Target Thing didnt Work. Just as like before. It Turns a bit to left or right, but no forward or backward.

Headless mode Works in HTC Perfect and fast. On LG it Works too, but not that as like on HTC. On LG it didnt Flight straight forward (as example) by circel on z achse. It wobbeling a bit to left and right too.

Free Mode (gyroscope) is to slow, to heavy on both Phones. I would not recomend to use it in this Stadium. You will defenetly Loose the bird.

Keep Working up on this project, Its a fun to see it grows!!!!!
Hi,

I already mentioned "Video Process" option in V0.3 release.
I think you missed it..
Video Process switch in Settings for low tier devices (default : off)
-- turn Video Process on in Settings for face tracking

-- if your device does not support required feature, it is turned off internally
-- face tracking is deactivated when it is off
-- if your device is slow when it is on, turn it off

about waypoint / target tracking / RTH,
you should align between you and Tello when it is turned on because Tello doesn't have GPS and compass.
so Tello can't provide absolute coordinates and heading information.
This is because you need to align.

about headless mode,
please check calibration in this page.

about gyro control,
you can adjust sensitivity in the settings.

can you check the wiki page if you are not sure about the features and how to use?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Ah, ok, I didnt understood that Video Processing means Face Tracking. Lost im Translation ;)
Face Tracking in HTC is Perfect now.
And on LG X a bit better than before.

Everything else I wrote in last post is like I wrote. Nothing Really better.

But hey, I got Face Tracking in my HTC :)

Ah, ok, I didnt understood that Video Processing means Face Tracking. Lost im Translation ;)
Face Tracking in HTC is Perfect now.
And on LG X a bit better than before.

Everything else I wrote in last post is like I wrote. Nothing Really better.

But hey, I got Face Tracking in my HTC :)
Hi Mario,

Pollax confirmed RTH was working ;)
If you share a recorded video clip how you did from the take-off, I'll check what is a problem.

Thanks.

Yes, Update is installled.
I know, on HTC its better, but not good.

But I will Show Good Things too!
Face Tracking on HTC:
At the end of the Video is it a bit choppy, but still ok

Yeah, and now we Need follow me ;)

Thanks for new feature idea (y)

Yes it is possible to track the movement of the phone with the GPS.
But the accuracy will be limited about several meters.
I think it is easier to implement it right now than ActiveTrack.
Let me check if it is working and then come back to you.

Thanks..
Unfortunately GPS accuracy is too low compared with Tello working radius.
GPS accuracy shows around 10 ~ 20meters while Tello working radius is around 10 ~ 30 meters

Unfortunately GPS accuracy is too low compared with Tello working radius.
GPS accuracy shows around 10 ~ 20meters while Tello working radius is around 10 ~ 30 meters

But it seems that it will Work in near Distance? Or am I wrong?
10 - 20m is quite a cool Range Distance for a little selfie drone I Think.
Just give it a try I would say.

Reactions: DanGeRousRon
But it seems that it will Work in near Distance? Or am I wrong?
10 - 20m is quite a cool Range Distance for a little selfie drone I Think.
Just give it a try I would say.
I meant GPS accuracy was position error range.. It means no position move reported even though you moved 10 meters.

So it Starts After I moved 10m?
Isnt it cool enough to get this Feature?
I wouldnt see a Problem with it. If one know it before, it should be ok with it. If one dosnt like it, so what, he didnt Need to use it.
Just give it a try?!?

Just a Quick question and idea I got . would it be possible to incorporate a menu filled with pre programmed ez shot move like the move away one or new move like strafe right or left slowly for like 10 sec or strafe and gain altitude for like 10 seconde to make it like cinematic shot while filming ???

Reactions: Splicer and brick72
Maybe if it's doable make it so you can determine how much seconds you want them to last first , and you can add them back to back to each other like an equation . Exemple :
strafe right + gain height + rotate left , would make it do a kind of spiral going up while filming . Then you press start and it does the action you predetermined.

How you can do it in screen like I think =

*Press button to change to cinematic mode .

That lead you to all the command in the upper portion of the screen .

Exemple of fonction : back , forward , strafe left , strafe right , rotate left , rotate right , up , down

So if you want to make it do a 360 degree exemple you set the the time duration to 5 second then you press rotate 4 time let's say .
And you press start .

Tello will do a 360 filming.

One thing I'm thinking about is ... A way to make it so you choose between Action done back to back or at the same time....

Exemple the 360 ( rotate left x4 )
And 360 gaining height ( rotate left x 4 while going up ) there is some things it need to clarified still on what is doable or not ... Let me know what you think @bluejune and keep up the good work!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freedom711