Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Hi @SleepRobo @Ansia, Thank you for the information shared.

Actually, i just tested on my PS3 controller with OTG but it is not working.
Did i do any step wrongly, i click on the Settings -> Controller -> FlyPad/GameSir And click for scanning.
As the PS4 controller is not with me yet to test on it.

I am using OPPO A57 Model CPH1701.
Maybe is my OTG cable got issue. will test it again over weekend after i get a new OTG cable.

Hi @SleepRobo @Ansia, Thank you for the information shared.

Actually, i just tested on my PS3 controller with OTG but it is not working.
Did i do any step wrongly, i click on the Settings -> Controller -> FlyPad/GameSir And click for scanning.
As the PS4 controller is not with me yet to test on it.

I am using OPPO A57 Model CPH1701.
Maybe is my OTG cable got issue. will test it again over weekend after i get a new OTG cable.
I have never seen or heard of that phone. Perhaps it doesn't supply enough power for it to work.

@bluejune, maybe if you make aTelloPiloto can adjust RC Rate / Expo for Yaw, on the one hand, and for Pithch / Roll / Throtle on the other side, it could be more useful, since the former acts on the Tello rotation , and the other three act on Tello's velocity vector through the three XYZ axes ...

I think @GabrielK idea about rearange Rate/Expo controls that way is great: Yaw detached from Pitch/Roll/Throttle.

I hope @bluejune takes note.

Reactions: GabrielK
I tested aTelloPilot v0.6 new feature "10 sec timeout for photo taken failure when low signal" and it works like a charm.

@bluejune you did a great job !

This error was driving me crazy. Each time failure happened it ruined the whole flight, becouse app hanged and no more photos / videos could be taken until landing

For testing I flew far until low signal warning, then press take photo. Camera icon blinked. After 10 seconds message "Taking photo fails" appeared, photo cancelled and I regain control for taking more photos or videos. Just as it should be.

atellopilot taking photo fails.jpg

Cool !

I fell happy to have this problem solved, but the best part is that after landing I realized photo was correctly saved into my mobile phone folder ! It was a total surprise !

I think that sometimes photo has been right taken and saved although app doesnt notice it and stays waiting.

Thank you so much @bluejune for solving this issue.

After this update aTelloPilot is by far the best Tello app into the market.

Best regards

Last edited:
Tried with OTG adapter able to detect the USB Thumbdrive.
Anyway to check if it supply enough power for it to work?

This is the link for the phone.
A57 | OPPO Singapore
I googled it after I posted it. I don’t know how much power it draws, but my guess is around 1mAh in order to charge. Sadly I don’t own a PS3 controller that would allow me to test it. I have made a PS4 controller to work though.

I googled it after I posted it. I don’t know how much power it draws, but my guess is around 1mAh in order to charge. Sadly I don’t own a PS3 controller that would allow me to test it. I have made a PS4 controller to work though.

Okay. I will try it when i have access to the PS4 controller. Just to confirm, connect to OTG cable to PS4 controller will do? Do i need to configure the controller tab part?

Okay. I will try it when i have access to the PS4 controller. Just to confirm, connect to OTG cable to PS4 controller will do? Do i need to configure the controller tab part?
Correct, just plug it in and you should be able to move the cursor in your phone, like shown below. Pay no mind to the other controller. I put it there to hold the phone in place.
12109A0F-B1B8-41B6-9F50-99DA53DCD0DB.jpeg

Last days I tested aTelloPilot v0.6 "Fligt Route revised" item.

In the main, I can say updated Route screen it's a great improvement over previous version. But... always there are some points than can be improved more. I will comment on both the good and the bad.

Auto grid scroll is GREAT. It means you can fly as far as you want that Tello icon will never come out of the screen. As now we can remap route ON/OFF button to any controller key we have a PERFECT tool for long distance flights. Good work @bluejune (y)

But... if you hide route and show it again zoom level is forgotten. I think zoom level should stay the one you have chosen at least until end of flight. :(

Mini-map is a BRILLIANT new feature. I love the concept. It gives you a great scale flight path overview. But... it limits your flights to 100 meters away. When you flight farther Tello icon dissapear from mini-map. See here:

atellopilot minimap overflow.jpg

Fix I suggest is that mini-map scrolls the same way main grid does. If that is not possible at least it should cover a wider terrain, more than 200x200 meters and since we usually fly forward the (0,0) coordinate could be located at the mini-map bottom instead midpoint.

Summarizing, I am very happy with new Tello Routes but some things can improve ;)

Raul.

Last days I tested aTelloPilot v0.6 "Fligt Route revised" item.

In the main, I can say updated Route screen it's a great improvement over previous version. But... always there are some points than can be improved more. I will comment on both the good and the bad.

Auto grid scroll is GREAT. It means you can fly as far as you want that Tello icon will never come out of the screen. As now we can remap route ON/OFF button to any controller key we have a PERFECT tool for long distance flights. Good work @bluejune (y)

But... if you hide route and show it again zoom level is forgotten. I think zoom level should stay the one you have chosen at least until end of flight. :(

Mini-map is a BRILLIANT new feature. I love the concept. It gives you a great scale flight path overview. But... it limits your flights to 100 meters away. When you flight farther Tello icon dissapear from mini-map. See here:

View attachment 2161

Fix I suggest is that mini-map scrolls the same way main grid does. If that is not possible at least it should cover a wider terrain, more than 200x200 meters and since we usually fly forward the (0,0) coordinate could be located at the mini-map bottom instead midpoint.

Summarizing, I am very happy with new Tello Routes but some things can improve ;)

Raul.
Thanks for your feedback.
1. zoom level is dependent feature on route, so it is reset when the route is disappeared.
2. minimap is a map for global view so it has limited range by nature. I specified it as 200x200 meter view in the wiki.
The alternative is to increase map ratio if the range is out of limit.

It seems I am working for you nowadays.. :)

Thanks for your feedback.
1. zoom level is dependent feature on route, so it is reset when the route is disappeared.
2. minimap is a map for global view so it has limited range by nature. I specified it as 200x200 meter view in the wiki.
The alternative is to increase map ratio if the range is out of limit.

It seems I am working for you nowadays.. :)

@bluejune , I'm your biggest fan ;)

Always It's a pleasure to test your program. I'll keep doing it.

I am sure you will find solutions for all my requests.

Increasing minimap ratio if range out of limit is a GREAT idea.

Raul.

Last edited:
Isn't it working with USB OTG cable?
I think someone already tried it..

Oh, is it? Maybe I missed it. Thank you for the reply. I think I will go for T1s instead. Cost saving and it seems work fine for everyone.

Keep up the great work.
I am still very new to your app. A lot things to explore and learn.

Last edited:
I have the Huawei P20 Pro and it used to work on OTG cable with aTello Pilot and the Gamesir T1s controller.
Now the mapping of functions in versions 0.6 does not work, even if I assigned buttons to primary functions such as take off, snapping a picture.
In the previous version functions worked out of the box.

Hello, this w.e. I've tested the app with the tello, just 2 flights using first time a P9Lite and second time the Honor Play. In both test I've risked to lose my tello because of, after 2/3 minute of flight, it didn't respond in time to the commands (very lagged). I don't understand why, or if I'm in wrong with something. No one with same problem here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv