Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

When i go to settings and scan and connect to my drones WIFI, then back and go to flight control screen, but when I select auto take off, nothing happens. It seems that i get voice response to most controls but nothing on the drone except the flashing amber light.
Thank you for help, it has to be a thankless job responding to everyone asking questions.

App crash after go to "navigate" from main menu.
S6 edge android 8.1

Official app and aTello works fine

Last edited:
I bought the app and tested today on my galaxy S7. First impressions are good!

Please take a look at the trim screen. Forward trim is not working here, so if you trim it backwards a little, it won't go back.

I will try to uninstall it and reinstall again.
I suggest you to add a reset trim button.

Go for it and keep the good work!

Has someone tried to control the Tello with the aTelloPilot app with a PS3 Controller (Sixasis) linked to the phone with an USB OTG cable? Thanks

Another day, Another Test with Another Phone. Same result:
- Time Delay of more than 2 Seconds makes FPV useless.
- Face Tracking dont Work. In the First 20 seconds of Tracking it sometimes seems to Work in some Kind of something, but you cant claim it as Face Tracking.
- Videos are useless. On my LG Power X Videos wasnt recorded. On my HTC u11 Video was recorded, but because of artifactal the Video is absolut useseless.
- Head Tracking is not Working in any way. May be I dont understand how to use it, but on both of my Phones it Simply do nothing.
- Handlanding dont Work
- Landing Works in a difficult rediculus way. Most Time its not working.
- Tracking: the "Target point Thing" dont work in both Phones.

Resume:
After 2 Days testing its to late to get my Money back. I'm really willing to Pay for an app, even when its Not Perfect. But this App is miles Away from "not perfect, but ok". Its not even in a Beta Test Stadium.
I do not recomend to buy or Download or using this App in this Version for this Price.

Another day, Another Test with Another Phone. Same result:
- Time Delay of more than 2 Seconds makes FPV useless.
- Face Tracking dont Work. In the First 20 seconds of Tracking it sometimes seems to Work in some Kind of something, but you cant claim it as Face Tracking.
- Videos are useless. On my LG Power X Videos wasnt recorded. On my HTC u11 Video was recorded, but because of artifactal the Video is absolut useseless.
- Head Tracking is not Working in any way. May be I dont understand how to use it, but on both of my Phones it Simply do nothing.
- Handlanding dont Work

Resume:
After 2 Days testing its to late to get my Money back. I'm really willing to Pay for an app, even when its Not Perfect. But this App is miles Away from "not perfect, but ok". Its not even in a Beta Test Stadium.
I do not recomend to buy or Download or using this App in this Version for this Price.
Thanks for your feedback.

Actually face tracking would not work well on low tier devices such as "LG Power X" due to their low performance. I should except low-tier devices..
Did you try it with HTC u11? HTC u11 is high tier device and I think it gives enough performance. (I developed the app with the devices using same chipset)

Did you see the same artifacts on HTC u11 without turning bluetooth on?
Video artifacts will be improved in the next version

head tracking is aligning the device and the drone with same orientation.
Did you place the drone saw the front (not your side) when you turned it on? and you can see your orientation and drone orientation at the heading indicator.
If you rotate your device, red arrow should rotate (you can test it without take-off). If not, move your phone like 8-shape several times.
And then try it again.

- Handlanding dont Work
Hand landing is not activated only with it, it is a enabling switch between auto-landing and hand-landing.
Actual landing is done with take-off/landing button. If the hand land button is on, landing button will be activated as hand-landing

Isn't your drone moving to the point where you set? Flight path is not drawn either?
As you know, Tello reports relative position from where it took-off with vision sensor.
So you need to test it with enough lit environment.

If you are not satisfied with it,
Let me know your purchase ID via the private message, I'll refund it.

Last edited:
I bought the app and tested today on my galaxy S7. First impressions are good!

Please take a look at the trim screen. Forward trim is not working here, so if you trim it backwards a little, it won't go back.

I will try to uninstall it and reinstall again.
I suggest you to add a reset trim button.

Go for it and keep the good work!
Thanks for your feedback.
I checked forward trim is not working due to an overlaid component, I'll fix in in the next version.
Trims can be reset if you double-tap stick-marker window.

i bought this app recently, and tested it on S9+.
all feature is working good, face tracking, head tracking, cool, really love it.
and other display likes compass, distance it's so great, really help a lot.

but got 1 problem, the video got some lagging every view second, any solution to fix it ?
i'm not using airplane mode, maybe later will test with it.

and i have 1 question, did it will works with PS3 controller via USB OTG to smartphone?
because if using tello apps official, i'm using it with octopus and works well with my PS3 controller via USB OTG to smartphone.

your app so amazing, keep on good work, please makes an update for fix all the problems.

thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: handersonluiz
2nd test from me :
  • using airplane mode on my smartphone, video no more lag or artifacts.
  • using PS3 controller via USB OTG to smartphone, works well.

I hope for the next updates :
  • the face tracking can be rotates, not only follow left and right.
  • please adding headless mode feature (the onboard flight computer always aligns the drone movements to be relative to the controller. So it does not matter which way the drone forward direction is pointing. When you push forward, the drone moves forward relative to your direction, not the heading of the drone).

and please make some video tutorial how to using flight route

My impression for this app is SUPER GOOD :cool:

thanks.

Reactions: handersonluiz
Yes I tested it on both my Phones. Video on HTC is Recording, but not on my LG.
I will try tomorrow in airplane mode.

May be the Flight Target point thing is not self declairing enough. I will try this tomorrow again too.

No no, I dont realy want the Money back. I like the Idea of this app, and I will Love it if its will working. You did something DJI arent able to do. And they have much more Money and programmers as you have.
Keep up your Project!

Sorry, english is not my native Language.

Reactions: clay347

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv