Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Hi all,

Just another idea : recording a course (from joystick) and play it again after.

Utilisation exemple :
- Put the drone on the floor at a precise place
- Start recording course button
- take off and do the course you want.
- Landing (or not)
- Stop recording
- Put the drone on the floor at the initial place
- Play the recording course : the joystick manipulation are reproduced.

It would be great for video selfie including travelling you have planed and recording.

Thanks
Sounds verry verry cool. But mostly, if something Sounds cool, its not possible...
I hope this Feature could be possible!!!!!

I've purchased your app. I opened the app and all the icons(e.g. settings) worked except the paper plane icon. No action even I tap on the icon and I can't fly the drone with my phone.

Reactions: costal73
I've purchased your app. I opened the app and all the icons(e.g. settings) worked except the paper plane icon. No action even I tap on the icon and I can't fly the drone with my phone.
Hi, did you register your Tello in the app settings?

To be honest, the Idea to get a Record Audio Feature would be great.

Now you have to run 2 apps, Atello and a screenrecorder. But it would be easyer to do it right in the App.

I Love the Idea.
Not possible but i dought they do that...

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean connecting the wifi to the tello? Or what should I do to register my tello?
In the atellopilots settings, drone section, you have to select your wifi drone connexion (blue button). An other way seems to check "disable auto connexion" in the settings. (I didn't have that issue, i am not sure it will work, just try to help you...)

Last edited:
Hi (Sorry for my 10000 messages !!! I am on holidays and have time for that ;-))

I tried a little the RTH function today. The Tello went to a wrong position and crashed : it hasn't been possible to control it with joystick to avoid the crash.
So, would not be better to cancel RTH function when user move the stick ?

Thank you.

Hi (Sorry for my 10000 messages !!! I am on holidays and have time for that ;-))

I tried a little the RTH function today. The Tello went to a wrong position and crashed : it hasn't been possible to control it with joystick to avoid the crash.

Thank you.
Yes its just a bit confusing, but he is still Working on the App.
Until yet you have quickly deactivate rth to get the Control on joysticks back. Its a simple but effective Trick.

At least is using rth on a copter without GPS a high risk.

Yes its just a bit confusing, but he is still Working on the App.
Until yet you have quickly deactivate rth to get the Control on joysticks back. Its a simple but effective Trick.

At least is using rth on a copter without GPS a high risk.

Yes, for me, it is easier and faster to move joystick trick than find home button on the phone screen when the tello is going through a tree and the Sun dazzle me, eheh:giggle:.

Again me (promised, it is the lastest of the day !)
I am not really sure but it seems than video of the official app are a little better than the atellopilots ones. So i looked the video property on the generated videos from the two apps (using Mx Player app).

On the official video app, when using auto frame rate, result video is systematically indicated at 10Mbits/sec and image rate is always 30.
On the atellopilots, the frame rate is conform to the frame rate put in the setting but images rate is always différents, close to 30 but not exactly 30 (30,13645 for exemple)

Is it normal ? Could it explain difference i see ?
The video quality is supposed to be the same on the two apps ?
When auto bitrate is selected , why is it fix for one video in atellopilots ? for one video, is it not better to have a variable bitrate updated during video if reception quality change ?
Using otg joystick could have negative impact on video because of the ressource it take compare using screen sticks ?

Thank you

Last edited:
Agree with that, I have Problems too when I tried to Edit aTello Videos in Adobe Premiere. Sometimes it Shows 30fps, sometime 31fps, sometimes fps Info Not aviable.

Again me (promised, it is the lastest of the day !)
I am not really sure but it seems than video of the official app are a little better than the atellopilots ones. So i looked the video property on the generated videos from the two apps (using Mx Player app).

On the official video app, when using auto frame rate, result video is systematically indicated at 10Mbits/sec and image rate is always 30.
On the atellopilots, the frame rate is conform to the frame rate put in the setting but images rate is always différents, close to 30 but not exactly 30 (30,13645 for exemple)

Is it normal ? Could it explain difference i see ?
The video quality is supposed to be the same on the two apps ?
Using otg joystick could have negative impact on video because of the ressource it take compare using screen sticks ?

Thank you
Video quality is controlled on drone side automatically when it is auto mode while app only sets the video bitrate (auto, 0.5Mb ~ 4Mb).
You can see the encoded video bitrate changes according to bitrate setting in Settings.
aTelloPilot just multiplexes encoded h.264 stream from Tello into mp4 file without touching video stream itself (no re-encoding video frames).
So you need to set fixed bitrate (not auto mode) if you want to compare video quality.

And official Tello app seems to re-encode frames with fixed 10Mbps bitrate but I can't understand why high bit rate is used even though original stream has max 4Mb.
It might post process video and encode it.

Frame rate in the video player just shows the average frame rate. static 30fps can be made if the static incremental time stamp is used for the frames.
But it is not important to play the video clip.

OTG joystick would not negative impact on video.. bluetooth can interferes the video even though you do not use bluetooth joystick. (turn off bluetooth in the Android settings)

Thanks.

Reactions: MagooYFZ

Thank you.

That happened to me first time I used the RTH.

Now, when Tello is performing an RTH I always have my finger above the RTH button, that way I can cancel maneouver If misses target.

You just have to get used to it..

Aweseome app! I really like it, buyed an hour ago... but is there any VR mode (which is in the firm app already)? It is a real fun, and a good feature!

Hola buenas soy soy Rodrigo y me encanta el foro, quería hacer una pregunta general. Hay que modificar el giro de Tello para que esté más suave, me cuesta con el móvil hacer los giros suaves, en resumen modificar la sensibilidad del joystick del giro, ya sea en la aplicación oficial o en atellopilot.
Un saludo a todos y gracias por escucharme.

Hola buenas soy soy Rodrigo y me encanta el foro, quería hacer una pregunta general. Hay que modificar el giro de Tello para que esté más suave, me cuesta con el móvil hacer los giros suaves, en resumen modificar la sensibilidad del joystick del giro, ya sea en la aplicación oficial o en atellopilot.
What are you talking about????????

Yes!

I could see this, let's say you have climbed 10 - 30 meters and do not want a 360 but a slow pan and move forward or backwards. Like a extra "movie flight function"?

Reactions: CamFlyer
He wants something like "exponential adjustments" on the sticks.
Another Tello Pillot have what you want on config page (sensitivity). Please post in english, so we can understand you better and help.

Reactions: CamFlyer and Zeno

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bellottie