Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

By the way, I have updated my Tello with the latest firmware (from yesterday). The app is working good.
Setup used is: Moto Z3 Play (Android 8.1) with gamepad motosnap and Mi wifi Extender.

Yesterday? The latest Update is from 13.07?!?!?
And includes only Language Support.
Or do I miss something???

I was talking about the firmware updates. That ones comes through official Ryse Tello app (download) and you can upload it to the Tello Hardware. It changes some parameters on the firmware, so the updates may interfere on the app communication from this app to Tello (correct me if I'm wrong).

He wants something like "exponential adjustments" on the sticks.
Another Tello Pillot have what you want on config page (sensitivity). Please post in english, so we can understand you better and help.
Dji, parrot and others have a mode like this. I think our poor 720p tello could benefits from this to :).

I have a problem! I can't access the .dat file, the log saved by the drone, as an idea, to a subsequent version, you could also add the log view option!

Last edited:
quick question before buying, someone knows if it supports nvidia shiled controller?
official tello app doesnt work with it

ty

I think this needs to be cleaned up a lot more before I am willing to pay for it. Just an opinion

Absolutly, i paid for application with a lot of bugs....
Never mind

This is a great app, maybe you are not sure what you are doing ?
There might be a few issues but at least it is supporting a lot of controllers and has the original flight modes.

I enjoy this app a lot, it makes getting in the air faster.

Switching between slow and fast mode takes 1 touch.

Yes there is room for improvements, witch are coming.

The Face tracking feature is working really good when you walk towards the drone.

This app adds functions to the drone, you can get different footage with this app.

This is a great app, maybe you are not sure what you are doing ?
There might be a few issues but at least it is supporting a lot of controllers and has the original flight modes.

I enjoy this app a lot, it makes getting in the air faster.

Switching between slow and fast mode takes 1 touch.

Yes there is room for improvements, witch are coming.

The Face tracking feature is working really good when you walk towards the drone.

This app adds functions to the drone, you can get different footage with this app.
I use wifi extender to fly longer, I use a gamesir controller T1D, made for the dji tello, but with all this does not work.
in my opinion they are much more important things than the face traking or the slow to fast fast switch ....
And I paid 5 dollar for this.....

Ok yes, I understand it does not work with the gamesir controller T1D. The goal of this app was to support other controllers besides the official one, it might come sometimes.

I just like the fact that this app will connect your phone to the right WIFI automatically, I also use a repeater.

Reactions: bluejune
aTello and aTelloPilot are different apps and author is not same.
aTello is made by krag and aTelloPilot is made by me ;)
When I started to develope aTelloPilot, I also named it as aTello but I found aTello was used by krag in this forum. So I changed the name to aTelloPilot.
I am surprised to see the comment suspecting me and krag as same developer.:eek:

I got my Tello two days ago & soon realized that control by a physical controller is the way to go (at least for me). I own an old x360 controller, connected via OTG. Tello app wants octopus with a hell of permissions I didn't wanted to grant - aTello worked fine, except the R2/L2 triggers (analog). I bought Tello pilot for 4€ something - and everything worked out of the box - great! Spared me a new controller

Samsung S5
X360 via OTG
Meross MRE220 Repeater

Last edited:
aTello and aTelloPilot are different apps and author is not same.
aTello is made by krag and aTelloPilot is made by me ;)
When I started to develope aTelloPilot, I also named it as aTello but I found aTello was used by krag in this forum. So I changed the name to aTelloPilot.
I am surprised to see the comment suspecting me and krag as same developer.:eek:
good job btw, i installed from git and seems it will works with nvidia shield controller on monday when my tello finally arrives

The location service is usually switched off by default on my phone, hence I get the - Location should be turned on to scan WiFi - Message very often. I would like to ask the developer to switch this off, thx.

Last edited:
Great App so far (y) Some thoughts about the GUI, though

Video mode

I would like to see Video recording as the default mode on startup. Maybe it's a matter of personal preference, but every time I hit the record button I realize having to switch mode first & one would profit from the wider screen by default, as well.

Fast mode

What do you think about giving the fast mode more visual presence on the GUI like in the original Tello App. The original Tello app got these blue circles around the controls indicating the fast mode is on - I would like to see something similar to have this important information handy at a glance - especially when your drone is far out & one don't see it visually.

thx

-m

Last edited:
Reactions: bluejune
quick question before buying, someone knows if it supports nvidia shiled controller?
official tello app doesnt work with it

ty
The official tello app does work with the nvidia shield because I use it to fly fpv with various goggles. The other Atello app also works with it. I haven't purchased this app yet but most likely will.

Hello Tello pilot,
I noticed that sometimes the right on ScreenStick does not react properly with the "a TelloPilot app". :oops:Instead of flying forward, it goes to the right:unsure:. No matter in which direction I move the stick. When I changed the stick arrangement to the left, everything without problems.:) When you change back too. What exactly is the head mode, I understand the video and the manual (calibrate)?:confused:.
Oh and it can be it depending on which additional button I activate, the control is blocked:eek:.

Best regards
Buli

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv