Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Same in my case, the Settings recognize my GameSir T1d controller, but the app does not, tried click-ing the flypad button several times. However when I connect my Xbox One controller via bluetooth, it is recognized by the app immediately and works, but it interferes a lot with the video feed, freezing the screen all the time.

I bought an OTG cable for my huawei p20 pro and I am currently searching for what type of controller to buy to make it work with this app, to get both stick controlls and good video.
Basicly you can use any wired Controller.
The Gamesir Ts1 is a good one I heard. I ordered my Ts1 yesterday.

Tested the Gamesir T1... Work perfectly with the camble on my Xiaomi Mia1.
As already told by someone, it would be perfect to have the possibility to chose the button's function...
thanks so much

Tested the Gamesir T1... Work perfectly with the camble on my Xiaomi Mia1.
As already told by someone, it would be perfect to have the possibility to chose the button's function...
thanks so much
Which t1 please? I have a t1d for which an OTG cable would be perfect (if it works)

@bluejune any chance that you can include my other phone to work with your app? It's stock and running Android 4.4.2

Thanks in advance!
HI 1stTimeFlyer
I have the android version 5.1 and it does not work, and nobody has a solution for this problem shame for this beautiful software.

Congratulations for the good work @bluejune I managed to get 13 minutes and 30 seconds out of Tello while filming today until it reached 10% power and landed. I got to at most 11 minutes with the standard app, in the same conditions (slow mode, no propeller guards, very low wind 15 kmph while walking in the park). Here is the video proof

1) Face tracking seems to work only at very small distance, such as 2 meters from me. Can this be adjustable? For example to record a someone riding a bicycle, a distance of around 5 meters in front of me and 5 meters high would focus on the subject better. Also the when I move sideways even 1 step, the drone moves too fast and too much sideways losing me from the focus, is this tracking speed also adjustable somewhere?

2) What are some of possible negative consequences if I select 4 Mbps for video instead of auto, considering that I have a powerful phone huawei p20 pro and a wifi repeater? Does the drone lose connection if this video quality setting is set to the max?

3) Can I lower the alarming noise made by app when it reaches 10% battery? It literally scared the children around me :)) and It didn't seem to be lowered by setting Media sound on the phone. I had to press land and exit the app to stop the alarming sound.

No.. they are same.. no additional encoding to mp4 file.
h.264 file is just for debugging.

I did a few tests with saving h.264 format, which seems to be recognized by youtube, and a 30 seconds file was 10 Mb larger than the mp4 variant of a 30 second video recording, facing the same scene, shot a minute later. To me it seems that h.264 holds more data, or maybe it is not compressed.

I did a few tests with saving h.264 format, which seems to be recognized by youtube, and a 30 seconds file was 10 Mb larger than the mp4 variant of a 30 second video recording, facing the same scene, shot a minute later. To me it seems that h.264 holds more data, or maybe it is not compressed.
Hi, did you read the "CamFlyer" post in this thread ? (few previous pages from here) he gave ffmpeg script for h.264 conversion. He write the video result are very good. I didn't test it yet but it seems very interesting.

Reactions: adrianb
HI 1stTimeFlyer
I have the android version 5.1 and it does not work, and nobody has a solution for this problem shame for this beautiful software.

I'm suspecting that it's not working with Android 5.1, my tablets running Android 7 and 7.1.1 has no problem whatsoever. @bluejune can you kindly look into it? Thank you.

Icon for Video and Pictures:

Is it just me, or do other have the same "Problem" that you Think the Video/Pictures Icon should be Changed?

Because if you
see the Video Icon it will shoot a Foto.
If you
see the Camera Icon it will Record Video.

For me myself its inverted. If I see the Video Icon it should Record Video.

I have Today installed the gamesir ts1 Controller, it Works pretty well. (Thanks @spamaro )
But I miss 2 Things:
1. VR mode
It would be cool to Fly FPV with Googles !!!

2. I would like to Change the Option of the Buttons on the gamesir manually.
As Example I would like to set the L1 Button in a way that the tello Fly to the Left. Pressing R1 and it should Fly to the right.
I remember the old car Chase Games, where the L1 and R1 Buttons in the Controller meant to be drifting siteways.
So in that Way it becomes more like a Game feeling.

I recorded Today Videos again, and they are not Smooth. The EIS is missing (Electronic Image Stabilisation). Its verry shaky.

Reactions: adrianb and spamaro
With this app I recommend the Parrot Flypad. It's much smoother in stick inputs. The T1d is very quick/jumpy.
you can see this on the stick trim mapping. The Ps3 is also very smooth. I got it to work once via otg. It won't work if there is a BT controller saved in the app. I can't figure out how to remove the BT.
it worked after updating the app. I suppose I could reinstall the app and see. If so a cheap $9 clone controller could be used.

Hi,
For the controller, i think the best way for your need (and mine :) ) would to have controller configuration interface like "Picasim" App (flight sim). It allows to assign all the button/stick app with controller event you want from your controller (you make the mapping you choose, and it is compatible with gamepad and RC controller).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar