Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Can you Lock Mode in Sport or Video in Tello FPV ?

XLOOX

Reaction score
First post & I think I originally hijacked another thread (sorry) so posting in new thread...

We use 2 tellos at home & race them around the house setting courses room to room , under & over tables etc. Use Tello FPV app, Gamesir Td1s & Samsung J1 phones both with phones clipped to Td1s or in VRBox 2 goggles.

Absolutely SUPER fun. both daughters are totally hooked & wife is cowering in corner with a drone blinking at her from 15cm away. What more could you want ?

BUT the only way we can make indoor flight work without smashing into stuff all the time is to go into Controller Tuning & change all Rate & Expo settings for both Video & Sport Mode to about 40%. Works really well but a PITA as when then fly outside you need 100% rate so need to retune controller each time.

From what I can tell as soon as you hold full stick for a second or so it flips to Sport mode regardless of what mode you have set at. Would be nice to be able to lock drone in one mode, especially Video, then I could have mild tunings for Video mode & aggressive tuning for Sport and just leave them.

Is there any way to lock mode ?

Last edited:
First post & I think I originally hijacked another thread (sorry) so posting in new thread...

We use 2 tellos at home & race them around the house setting courses room to room , under & over tables etc. Use Tello FPV app, Gamesir Td1s & Samsung J1 phones both with phones clipped to Td1s or in VRBox 2 goggles.

Absolutely SUPER fun. both daughters are totally hooked & wife is cowering in corner with a drone blinking at her from 15cm away. What more could you want ?

BUT the only way we can make indoor flight work without smashing into stuff all the time is to go into Controller Tuning & change all Rate & Expo settings for both Video & Sport Mode to about 40%. Works really well but a PITA as when then fly outside you need 100% rate so need to retune controller each time.

From what I can tell as soon as you hold full stick for a second or so it flips to Sport mode regardless of what mode you have set at. Would be nice to be able to lock drone in one mode, especially Video, then I could have mild tunings for Video mode & aggressive tuning for Sport and just leave them.

Is there any way to lock mode ?
I might need to rephrase my question.... I cant see anything in Ryze or FPV manuals to indicate that Tello changes mode from Video to Sport without a button being pressed but that is exactly what happens to both our drones - you fly along and after a few seconds it goes into Sport mode without anything being touched. If you put it back into Video mode then it never lasts long - normally as soon as you go full stick it flips mode. Happens with both Ryze & FPV Apps, on screen controller & TD1d & Td1s.

Has anyone seen this happen before & is there anything I can do to stop it?

tellofpv doesn't change between video and sport mode unless you press the button mapped to this function. At least it has never happened to me and has never been reported by anyone else

Check which button you have mapped for "Toggle Video / Sport mode" and "Stop" under "controller mapping".
You can also just un-map it by double tapping that entry. Then the only way to switch between Sport / Video is by tapping on the "S" / "V" on the left bottom of the screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv