Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

DIY Searchlight or Roboterwerk O-Tello LED Light?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18793
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18793

Hi! New to the forum and Tello and excited to learn from you all.

Has anyone used this searchlight accessory? Amazon.com: Roboterwerk O-Tello LED Light for DJI Ryze Tello Drone, Accessories with 45 Lumen: Toys & Games

The 12g weight seems modest (modest loss on flight time?) and the light doesn't draw on the drone's power – I'm less clear about the impact on flight performance.

This is my first DIY mod thanks to Reviewers rightly note that DIY is cheaper but making something that needs to clear the rotors won't be my first mod from scratch (although this thread has loads of great ideas). ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a chart that might help. it includes TOW and MTOW, but not flight time. We are working on top and bottom loads for drones of all kinds for various utilities. They all will recue flight time, but sometimes that is not a big factor. i.e. tossing eggs for child's party. I hope this helps. We will publish more in the future, and you are welcome to send us information that you obtain. We have nnot done much with Tello as we were waiting on the new model Robomaster TT.

ItemWeight in gramsWeight in poundsMaximus takeoff weight in gramsLift Weight
Autel EVO 211502.52000850
Autel EVO 186311000137
Mavic Mini249{181}
Tello80
LiteBee FM drone12216040
EVO 2 saddle28
EVO 2 light for saddle30
3D sling bracket black8
3D sling bracket white4
Red carabuneer from kit8
Retevis FRS radio6
Baofeng GMRS radio210
Bottle liquid 12 fluid onzes390-
broadcast drone60
2x6 real lego block3
2x6 3D printed lego block2
2x4 real lego block>1
global drone speaker96
exo-lander for autel evo 250
exo-lander light for Autel evo 2200
Radio speaker30

You can go to our youtube channel MECATX Good Licj, and see several videos of lifting capacity for various reasons, lights, speakers, egg thrower for child's party ( 3D printed ) Good Luck

Hi! New to the forum and Tello and excited to learn from you all.

Has anyone used this searchlight accessory? Amazon.com: Roboterwerk O-Tello LED Light for DJI Ryze Tello Drone, Accessories with 45 Lumen: Toys & Games

The 12g weight seems modest (modest loss on flight time?) and the light doesn't draw on the drone's power – I'm less clear about the impact on flight performance.

Reviewers rightly note that DIY is cheaper but making something that needs to clear the rotors won't be my first mod from scratch (although this thread has loads of great ideas). ?
Don’t purchase. That is a $10 nitecore flashlight. 10 g when you remove the unnecessary items. Purchase commercial grade Velcro tape. Cut tiny micro size squares of the tape, double-sided and stack the night core flashlight just high enough to clear the swinging rotors. I’ve done it hundreds of times.If you need help just let me know

Don’t purchase. That is a $10 nitecore flashlight. 10 g when you remove the unnecessary items. Purchase commercial grade Velcro tape. Cut tiny micro size squares of the tape, double-sided and stack the night core flashlight just high enough to clear the swinging rotors. I’ve done it hundreds of times.If you need help just let me know
Edited my OP to say this will be my first mod from scratch lol – this makes complete sense and I'll share notes and pics on the result. The new nitecore looks like it has 10 more lumens, too.

Here is a chart that might help. it includes TOW and MTOW, but not flight time. We are working on top and bottom loads for drones of all kinds for various utilities. They all will recue flight time, but sometimes that is not a big factor. i.e. tossing eggs for child's party. I hope this helps. We will publish more in the future, and you are welcome to send us information that you obtain. We have nnot done much with Tello as we were waiting on the new model Robomaster TT.

ItemWeight in gramsWeight in poundsMaximus takeoff weight in gramsLift Weight
Autel EVO 211502.52000850
Autel EVO 186311000137
Mavic Mini249{181}
Tello80
LiteBee FM drone12216040
EVO 2 saddle28
EVO 2 light for saddle30
3D sling bracket black8
3D sling bracket white4
Red carabuneer from kit8
Retevis FRS radio6
Baofeng GMRS radio210
Bottle liquid 12 fluid onzes390-
broadcast drone60
2x6 real lego block3
2x6 3D printed lego block2
2x4 real lego block>1
global drone speaker96
exo-lander for autel evo 250
exo-lander light for Autel evo 2200
Radio speaker30
Great data, Dan – would it be misguided to estimate a starting point for experimenting with the Tello's lift weight based on the Litebee numbers, e.g. about 25g? (PS: The next project is a cargo net made from fishing line and a small netted bag – will need to watch the weight on that.)

Thanks, all – this really was an easy and fun DIY mod. The tello hovered in place for maybe 15-20% less flight time?

Attachments

• tello01.jpg
    tello01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • tello02.jpg
    tello02.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • tello03.jpg
    tello03.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • tello04.jpg
    tello04.jpg