Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Fly away bad news

SpaceDoc

Reaction score
About a week ago I reported that my Tello was caught by a gust on an otherwise calm day. I asked if the Tello would land if it lost the control signal. No one answere. YouTube did. No, it will not. It will continue u til the battery runs down, usually about a kilometer! So my Tello is gone. But I have another.

Per Ryze's manual:
1567457993211.png
Were you in an open field? At what altitude where you flying? The landing possibly did initiate but hard to imagine it would land vertically with the gust carrying it off.

Glad to hear you have another to continue droning. Fly safe.

Per Ryze's manual:
View attachment 4538
Were you in an open field? At what altitude where you flying? The landing possibly did initiate but hard to imagine it would land vertically with the gust carrying it off.

Glad to hear you have another to continue droning. Fly safe.
[

The manual is absolutely wrong. There are a couple of YouTubes in which guys flew in big open spaces. You can see the signal strength decline to nothing. The Tello just keeps going a kilometer or more. As it flew away, I even tried an immediate landing, taking pictures for as long as I could. It is probably in a tree. I think I will paste a Trakt Bravo to it. That is pretty light. The problem is that Tello has no GPS.

There's theory and then there's reality.

VPS can be good or bad.

Reactions: xcrost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv