Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Forced Auto Landing TelloFPV

Flight815

Reaction score
No matter what I do, the Tello drone automatically lands when the battery gets to 10%. Of course this is not ideal as it increases the chances of losing the drone. Is there any way to disable auto landing? I am using the TelloFPV app.

I turned on Auto cancel landing but it did not seem to do anything in either my phone or tablet.

Autoland at 10% is baked into the firmware, nothing anyone or any app can do to change that.

It's not good for Li-on batteries to be discharged fully. Just need to plan your flights so that you're back close to home when the battery gets low.

No matter what I do, the Tello drone automatically lands when the battery gets to 10%. Of course this is not ideal as it increases the chances of losing the drone. Is there any way to disable auto landing? I am using the TelloFPV app.

I turned on Auto cancel landing but it did not seem to do anything in either my phone or tablet.
That happens to me too when i am using that app, not usually but it happens to me, so when it start to land automatically i just cancel the landing and i continue using it :l

TelloFpv _never_ initiates an automatic landing (except on RTH land if the option was activated)

Tello's firmware may decide to autoland on different triggers (VPS, WIFI, battery). Some landings can be cancelled (VPS, low battery), and some can't (Wifi obviously, critical battery).

The percentage shown is just an indicator, that Tello calculates and sends to the app. For various reasons Tello may miscalculate the initial percentage (based on the voltage at rest) and as soon as you take off and the motors draw some juice the voltage drops much quicker than Tello expected.
This may trigger an error #13 or an autolanding as early as 30% battery because autolanding on critical battery is initiated not on percentage, but on "flight time left".

The reason for this is obvious: Tello has to land safely before it runs out of juice.

Now if you had an early Tello (or like me received an old stock) you'd have an ancient firmware that does not enforce autolanding. I had a Tello here that could fly until it drops out of the sky. But in the meantime it was updated, due to other firmware problems

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv