Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

GameSir T1s not working

wian

Reaction score
Hi, looking at the back of the DJI Tello package it seemed to show a GameSir T1s bluetooth controller. So I ordered one and it arrived today. It pairs to my phone immediately, but the Tello App doesn't recognize it. I searched online whether I was doing anything wrong and came accross this page. Seems that T1 and T1s are not supported and GameSir is about to launch a new T1d controller specifically for the Tello. Really annoying.

If there is any way to fix it, please let me know.

Yes, that is true, but i also posted here that you can get your T1s working with the Tello. It is a bit of a work around, but it is working. I fly only with the controller and it is working perfect for me.
Here is the video that i used, again:

Reactions: Tom 19941
Tello IOS App 1.1.6 for IPhone and IPad was launched yesterday. Good thing is my 2 Tello now connected with my GameSir T1s controller. Just need to go to Bluetooth Controller Settings to connect the Gamesir Controller. Btw, my Tello Firmware is still on 01.03.01.03 with no update yet. I've been using the Nimbus Controller on my IPhone X and IPad Pro 9.7" for about 1 month.

Reactions: kalevala
Tello IOS App 1.1.6 for IPhone and IPad was launched yesterday. Good thing is my 2 Tello now connected with my GameSir T1s controller. Just need to go to Bluetooth Controller Settings to connect the Gamesir Controller. Btw, my Tello Firmware is still on 01.03.01.03 with no update yet. I've been using the Nimbus Controller on my IPhone X and IPad Pro 9.7" for about 1 month.

Which controller do you like better, the Nimbus or the Gamesir?

In the long run, I think Nimbus with Apple MFI Certification will make the Nimbus much long lasting. The BT connection for T1s is also a bit cumbersome as compared with the immediate BT connection of Nimbus. Finally, a Nimbus with designated phone holder is much more expensive than a T1s.

Hi, looking at the back of the DJI Tello package it seemed to show a GameSir T1s bluetooth controller. So I ordered one and it arrived today. It pairs to my phone immediately, but the Tello App doesn't recognize it. I searched online whether I was doing anything wrong and came accross this page. Seems that T1 and T1s are not supported and GameSir is about to launch a new T1d controller specifically for the Tello. Really annoying.

Is your phone an android or iphone? If it's an android, you can try by using Octopus app. Please see my post here

Download the app 'Octopus'. I downloaded that app today and am flying the Tello via a Gamesir T1.

Is there any other free and no root app besides octopus for using a BT controller? In octopus the right joystick behaves more like multiple slides (it is named PoV joystick) and not like a normal analog joystick, and does not allow fine control.
Or maybe there is a setting I missed?

New Tello pilot here. Just got the GameSir T1s today. Had problems connecting to it from an iphone. This thread helped me out. Thanks! Anyway, just listing the steps from the GameSir site here are well for others:

1. Please install the latest Tello app on your device, if already installed, please update the firmware version to the latest version by going to Tello>Setting>Advanced Setting>Firmware Version>Update.
2. On the device, go to Setting>Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth.
3. Press Y+HOME button on the GameSir gamepad for 2 seconds to activate the gamepad.
4. The indicator light will flash now.
5. On the Tello app, “GameSir-Games” will be displayed in “Bluetooth controller setting”.
6. Tap “GameSir-Games” and pair with each other.
7. When the indicator light turns on and stay solid, the pairing is successful.
Note: if the pairing fails, please press HOME to turn off the gamepad and repeat step 3-7 to try again.

I just got this Bad boy Gamesir T1s posted today.photo_2018-08-27_16-40-08.jpg

I got it from Amazon here. It was not even advertised as Gamesir, I took a big risk but I did trust that it was going to fully work. On Amazon is priced £32.99 (don't even bother on ordering with express shipping because it won't get on time, saw a fella on youtube saying it and I did experience it myself).

iOS

The remote certainly works. When it's properly setup, in the app it will look like:
IMG_2672.PNG

Phone on the phone holder:
photo_2018-08-27_16-55-37.jpg
Before taking off you'll realise the pads on the phone screen are gone, it could be interesting for screen recording sessions.
IMG_2673.PNG

And finally working and flying:

photo_2018-08-27_16-53-13.jpg

Android

I don't know exactly why, but when the remote is setup in the app, it looks like this:
photo_2018-08-27_16-38-16.jpg

On the phone holder:
IMG_2675.JPG

And finally flying:
IMG_2674.JPG

Conclusion:
It feels weird the two devices thingy in the Tello app on Android and could confuse people. The remote works perfectly with both phones and definitely it's an improvement in your pilot experience.

Android phone: Oneplus 5t
iOS phone: iPhone SE

For iOS... none of the above worked for me - but:
Even if only T1d is listed, the following worked fine also for T1s (enhanced)

For IOS users

ONLY GameSir T1d adopted to control RYZE DJI Tello.

1. Please install the latest Tello app on your device, if already installed, please update the firmware version to the latest version by going to Tello>Setting>Advanced Setting>Firmware Version>Update.

2. On the device, go to Setting>Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth.

3. Press Y+power button on the GameSir gamepad for 2 seconds to activate the gamepad.

4. The indicator light will flash now.

5. On the Tello app, “GameSir-Games” will be displayed in “Bluetooth controller setting”.

6. Tap “GameSir-Games” and pair with each other.

7. When the indicator light turns on and stay solid, the pairing is successful.

Note: if the pairing fails, please turn off the gamepad and repeat step 3-7 to try again.
---------

My comment: Do not BT-pair in the phone´s BT-settings. Only within the Tello-app. (!)

iPhone 5s, iOS 12.4.1, Tello App 1.3.0

1568233897070.png

I'm using the TelloFPV app. It recognizes that the T1s is connected but ignores its commands which control the Android, NOT the Tello

Apparently, GameSir created the T1d specifically for the Tello and later modified the T1s to also control the Tello, along with its gaming capability. GameSir told me "Only GameSir T1d can work with Tello drone." I don't think this is true now. I've come across several folks who switched from T1d to T1s and things worked. I got the T1s this month (March 2021). I wonder if my T1s is an earlier, unmodified model. Probably not, because it works fine with the stock Ryze app.

GameSir Update,, 01/28/2022:

Android 12 Phone: The tello App doesn't work with Android 12.
I bought a used Samsung S7 (Android 8) to use with the Tello. I installed the Tello app. on it. It works very well
I bought a GameSir T1s. to control the Tello.
In order to connect the T1s to the Tello app. :
1. After starting the app and the controller, I had to go into settings\BT controller settings and tap on GameSir T1s connected.
2. GameSir T1GCM disconnected
appears. Tap on it.
3. GameSir T1GCM connected appears. It moves to the top of the list
4. On screen Joysticks disappeared. The Tello can now be launched by pressing R2+Y on the controller
5. The GameSir T1s can now be used to control the Tello.

Reactions: Bobcat
Thanks for sharing tips here. My setup :

Gamesir T1s
iPhone 11 running on 15.3 non jailbreak
Tello stock app 1.6.2

Pairs well enough over bluetooth. The gamepad works for the Tello app but the phone refuses to recognize input for games. I tried CODM, Real Racing 3. Probably because it’s not MFI certified.

Also I noticed for whatever reason not only the virtual joypad disappears but even the apple keyboard disappears too in all other apps. Pressing on a key on the gamepad and the phone prints ] character.

Shutting off the T1s remedies the keyboard disappearing.

It almost seems as if the T1s initially had support for apple then somewhere down the line just decided to drop support for it. The official product support page no longer says it supports iOS but youtube reviewers have been claiming it works for games a few years back but never did get to demo it working on their review.

So just be aware the the issues and if someone here did get it working for games without jailbreaking the iOS I would certainly want to know how.

You can play the drone but you can’t play games with it on the iPhone. It works great with app on chromecast though, sweet.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv