Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1s with OTG?

Hi Same problem w/ t1s & s8, & tello fpv using the OTG cable, I can communicate w/ the calibration app- all sticks are good, & w/ left stick on phone home screen. The wifi connects to the phone, but I still can't control tello w/ t1s when connected - control from phone screen is fine, Any other suggestions?
I just noticed: brief message that says new controller found T1s 2.13, but the drone still does not respond to it.
Based on your description the sticks are _not_ good and TelloFpv won't work because your controller does not report sticks.

The controller seems to be connected as keyboard / mouse and not as a gamepad. Please check the manual /guides on the internet how to connect this controller as a gamepad. There are some button combinations for the t1s shown on the gamesir website but I don't have that controller.

Check with the gamepad tester app that the sticks do actually work as proportional sticks, and not as buttons / mouse .

Once you have that fixed it will work in TelloFpv

Based on your description the sticks are _not_ good and TelloFpv won't work because your controller does not report sticks.

The controller seems to be connected as keyboard / mouse and not as a gamepad. Please check the manual /guides on the internet how to connect this controller as a gamepad. There are some button combinations for the t1s shown on the gamesir website but I don't have that controller.

Check with the gamepad tester app that the sticks do actually work as proportional sticks, and not as buttons / mouse .

Once you have that fixed it will work in TelloFpv
Thanks, I probably didn't describe the scenario correctly. In the gamepad tester, the t1s was identified & the sticks (pitch, yaw,etc) all worked correctly. I might try another cable - cant think of anything else

You said that " all sticks are good, & w/ left stick on phone home screen. "

I understood that the left stick brings you to some home screen. Which means your controller is not in gamepad mode but in keyboard / mouse mode.

If the controller does anything at all the cable is certainly OK.

You said that " all sticks are good, & w/ left stick on phone home screen. "

I understood that the left stick brings you to some home screen. Which means your controller is not in gamepad mode but in keyboard / mouse mode.

If the controller does anything at all the cable is certainly OK.

Hi @volate!lo , I'm having the same issue as luckybob getting my T1s to work with Tello FPV.
In gamepad tester the left & right sticks work correctly with OTG connection and all the buttons respond to the correct mapping.
When I launch tello FPV (demo) it detects the controller (2 separate entries for gamesir t1s). The buttons only work to open the left side menu but the sticks or any of the buttons don't seem to do anything even when I manually launch the tello with the on screen button.
Any advice here? I've tried setting the Gamesir T1s as Android mode, and X mode. The controller seems to work and detect in my Android phone (Galaxy S20) based on gamepad tester app. It detects in TelloFPV but doesn't actually control.
Thanks for your helpful posts.

This has been discussed maybe 20 times. It's ALWAYS the controller.

If you try the controller in a game you will see similar behaviour because this has nothing to do with the app. Your controller is connected in keyboard/mouse mode.
Check the sticks again in the gamepad tester and watch them more carefully and you will see: The sticks are not proportional but only neutral / full (on/off) .

Thats always the same problem and the only fix is to set the controller to the right connection status.

Try all the different connection methods listed on the gamesir website:

Once controller is working with proportional sticks open TelloFPv and press "clear" in the controller settings to get rid of the wrong controller definitions.

Reactions: ihasacavity
I too am having a great deal of difficulty connecting to the Tello FPV app. It works perfectly one time and the next time I go to use it, it takes me 10 minutes to get it going again. I am never sure exactly what made it work.

The app frequently says the T1s is connected but does not respond to commands. Going to the controller mapping, it won't take mapping commands even after it has reported it is connected.

I have an Android Note 4 phone. I have tried holding the A button and the power button to ensure I am in the correct mode.

Bluetooth and WiFi are off

Then I connect the WiFi to the tello with the OTG connected to the Tello but not the phone. I always connect the end labeled HOST to the phone.

Once the Tello is connected to the WiFi, I switch to the Tello FPV app.

When that is open, I connect the HOST end of the OTG cable to the phone.

The app reports the OTG cable has connected.

At this point it should be working, but frequently, it is not. It MAY open one of the menus if I press down on the left stick, or it may not.

I have mapped the buttons to my preferences previously.

So I go to the settings to check them and make sure the T1s is selected as the main controller.

It is, so then I try to see if it will map any of the functions to a button and it may say that the controller is not connected even though it previously said it was.

Unplugging the HOST cable from the phone and plugging it back again, over and over sometimes makes it start working again.

I'm never sure why or what made it work.

When it is working, however, the video is clear and the controller does everything I ask of it.

I keep thinking I have figured out the exact sequence needed, but the next time I go to fly, I have to start all over again. Quite frustrating.

Whenever the controller moves focus or opens menus this means the Android systems sees a keyboard & mouse and not a gamepad.

The culprit here is _always_ the controller. Not the app and not the operating system or phone (at least I never heard of issues for any OS / phone). If you keep having troubles the only solution is to get a reliably working controller that does not behave like a diva.

A $10 PS3 clone works every single time.

I have tried holding the A button and the power button to ensure I am in the correct mode.
Do a hard reset on the controller, with the pin hole on the bottom, following instructions in the owner's manual.

With the controller NOT connected to the phone, power up the t1s while holding B, not A, then the Home button.

Then connect the OTG cable to the phone and it should work correctly, mine does.

After that you don't have to use the B key to power it on, only the Home key

Reactions: flashsolutions
Do a hard reset on the controller, with the pin hole on the bottom, following instructions in the owner's manual.

With the controller NOT connected to the phone, power up the t1s while holding B, not A, then the Home button.

Then connect the OTG cable to the phone and it should work correctly, mine does.

After that you don't have to use the B key to power it on, only the Home key
Wow! That works. Or so it seems. Hopefully, when I take it out to fly the next time, it will still be setup. Thanks so much!

Whenever the controller moves focus or opens menus this means the Android systems sees a keyboard & mouse and not a gamepad.

The culprit here is _always_ the controller. Not the app and not the operating system or phone (at least I never heard of issues for any OS / phone). If you keep having troubles the only solution is to get a reliably working controller that does not behave like a diva.

A $10 PS3 clone works every single time.

thanks for all the detailed troubleshooting tips @volate!lo very helpful - I got it working. For some reason in the TelloFPV app when I went to the Controller menu, it showed 2 separate options for the gamesir t1s, when I selected the 2nd it worked - I was able to see the OSD red control dots move with the analog sticks.
being able to use controller instead of phone alone is so much more fun to pilot!

thanks for all the detailed troubleshooting tips @volate!lo very helpful - I got it working. For some reason in the TelloFPV app when I went to the Controller menu, it showed 2 separate options for the gamesir t1s, when I selected the 2nd it worked - I was able to see the OSD red control dots move with the analog sticks.
being able to use controller instead of phone alone is so much more fun to pilot!
The controller identifies itself with different IDs for every connection mode. So you have a T1s for keyboard / mouse and one for gamepad.

You can clear out both by pressing the clear button, and start from scratch.

Reactions: March411
The controller identifies itself with different IDs for every connection mode. So you have a T1s for keyboard / mouse and one for gamepad.

You can clear out both by pressing the clear button, and start from scratch.
I've tried all the multitude of solutions in the forum. The T1s works perfectively with gamepad tester, but telloFPV still does not respond. There is some limited reaction so I suspect it may be in mouse mode. I can;t find how to change except select- X combination which doesn't work. BTW the mouse light remains off, android is light on steady. Anyone know how to exit mouse mode?
My controller may be the Diva. Can Anyone suggest a source for an inexpensive PS3 clone?

The T1s works perfectively with gamepad tester, but telloFPV still does not respond.

Its fairly unlikely that it works perfectly (as a gamepad) in the gamepad tester. It may "do something" but not as a gamepad.

Please open the axis view of the linked gamepad tester and observe how the values and the dot move when you move each stick in both axes:

If you move a stick say 40% forward, the dot in the display has to move similarly. If it does not but instead jump between 0 and 100% then your controller is not in gamepad mode but something different.

Once it works as a gamepad it will surely work in TelloFpv, and in any Android game that supports gamepad controls.

This is like Word and Excel don't care which printer you have. Once the printer driver is correctly installed you can print form these apps. If the driver is not correctly installed you can do whatever you want, Word will never print that letter.

1586792381672.png

I probably was not complete enuf in my post. When I said T1s works perfectly in gamepad tester, I should have said that the sticks respond proportionately. I can write my name in cursive if I'm careful. I'm still hoping for a method to switch the controller from mouse to gamepad mode when it's connected to FPV. Thanks

I'm still hoping for a method to switch the controller from mouse to gamepad mode when it's connected to FPV. Thanks
Your controller is very likely NOT in mouse mode.

Have you tried following the directions in post #48?

Volate!lo, please stop telling everyone who has problems with a T1s that their controller is in mouse mode... 99% of the time that is NOT the problem

Edited to add: the majority of the times people have problems with an Android phone, a T1s controller, and the TelloFPV app, the real problem is operator headspace error... period.

Last edited:
YES! YES! Thank you. I've tried the #48 reset several times - I could find no procedure on line or on my hard cy manual , so I just pushed the paper clip straight in. That didn't reset. I found the procedure on line for T1d. I needed to wiggle the paper clip around at extreme angles for it to reset. Hope this might help someone else.

YES! YES! Thank you. I've tried the #48 reset several times - I could find no procedure on line or on my hard cy manual , so I just pushed the paper clip straight in. That didn't reset. I found the procedure on line for T1d. I needed to wiggle the paper clip around at extreme angles for it to reset. Hope this might help someone else.
So it works now? You didn't actually say whether it does or not...

I'm not so sure about the need to wiggle it around but if it works now that's good.

I probably was not complete enuf in my post. When I said T1s works perfectly in gamepad tester, I should have said that the sticks respond proportionately. I can write my name in cursive if I'm careful. I'm still hoping for a method to switch the controller from mouse to gamepad mode when it's connected to FPV. Thanks
That the essential information. If the sticks are proportional, then the controller is recognized as a controller.
With the controller correctly recognized you only have a configuration issue within TelloFpv. Typically people don't select the correct controller, once they do it should work

Volate!lo, please stop telling everyone who has problems with a T1s that their controller is in mouse mode... 99% of the time that is NOT the problem
Well, in my experience most seem to have mouse problems. But you are right, there are other problems that I am not aware of since I don't own that controller

Edited to add: the majority of the times people have problems with an Android phone, a T1s controller, and the TelloFPV app, the real problem is operator headspace error... period.
Ultimately that is pretty much always the case :)
Very few computer problems are due to technical malfunction, almost all are related to users - and the majority can be solved by the interested user by reading and following manuals.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv