Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1s with OTG?

Just remember to switch off bluetooth (even if you don't use it)!
I've tried EVERY piece of advice I have discovered. Without OTG, with OTG... No luck. Do these connection steps, in order; do those connection steps, in order... No luck. I can connect the T1s with Bluetooth to my Android and the stock Ryze Tello App and fly. What was the secret for me? In settings --> Bluetooth Controller Settings you see your controller listed (because you connected it already in your phone's Bluetooth settings) but it says it's disconnected, so poke it and, voilá, it's connected and so are you, so go fly. Re TelloFPV at this point it's Settings --> Controller --> Scan for T1D + Flypad, which you poke. TelloFPV discovers the T1S, but it is NOT connected to TelloFPV, just the phone. Actuate the joysticks and watch your phone's screen jump around while your Tello just stares at you. Here, I am stuck and sunk. Apparently TelloFPV + T1s is not in my future. To all you 1000s of happy pilots, don't crash! Crashing with TelloFPV I don't have to worry about; you have to fly first. I'm ground-bound and not loving it. I'm stuck with stock, I guess. Oh, well, one Tello App is better than none.

I've tried EVERY piece of advice I have discovered. Without OTG, with OTG... No luck. Do these connection steps, in order; do those connection steps, in order... No luck. I can connect the T1s with Bluetooth to my Android and the stock Ryze Tello App and fly. What was the secret for me? In settings --> Bluetooth Controller Settings you see your controller listed (because you connected it already in your phone's Bluetooth settings) but it says it's disconnected, so poke it and, voilá, it's connected and so are you, so go fly. Re TelloFPV at this point it's Settings --> Controller --> Scan for T1D + Flypad, which you poke. TelloFPV discovers the T1S, but it is NOT connected to TelloFPV, just the phone. Actuate the joysticks and watch your phone's screen jump around while your Tello just stares at you. Here, I am stuck and sunk. Apparently TelloFPV + T1s is not in my future. To all you 1000s of happy pilots, don't crash! Crashing with TelloFPV I don't have to worry about; you have to fly first. I'm ground-bound and not loving it. I'm stuck with stock, I guess. Oh, well, one Tello App is better than none.
My only goal IS Bluetooth, not OTG. Shutting on Bluetooth is mandatory.

You are crossposting your problems. I stopped commenting in the other thread because you ignored my question but just kept repeating your troubles.

Your problem is NOT an app problem.
This is a problem of your phone and your controller. The controller is NOT in gamepad mode (as you already know since it is controlling the phone and not sending it's input to the app, so it is in keybard / mouse mode).

Last edited:
You are crossposting your problems. I stopped commenting in the other thread because you ignored my question but just kept repeating your troubles.

Your problem is NOT an app problem.
This is a problem of your phone and your controller. The controller is NOT in gamepad mode (as you already know since it is controlling the phone and not sending it's input to the app, so it is in keybard / mouse mode).

Thank you all again for your help. The problem was the OTG cable/dongle that I bought from Drone Valley. It wasn’t making a good connection with the T1s. I used the cord that came with the Gamesir and the original dongle that came with my phone and it works. I selected Xbox controller on TelloFPV and voila I’m flying (inside for now) with no Bluetooth interference. Able to adjust controls and assign buttons. Can’t wait to take it outside with an extender and evaluate video. I was getting a lot of frame dropping and pixelation before and hopefully it’ll be better. Hooray!!
Hi Walleye - apologies for the delayed question....I see the same on the tellofpv app - no option to connect to the T1s via OTG - only bluetooth... were you able to get another option appear on the app?

Thank you all again for your help. The problem was the OTG cable/dongle that I bought from Drone Valley. It wasn’t making a good connection with the T1s. I used the cord that came with the Gamesir and the original dongle that came with my phone and it works. I selected Xbox controller on TelloFPV and voila I’m flying (inside for now) with no Bluetooth interference. Able to adjust controls and assign buttons. Can’t wait to take it outside with an extender and evaluate video. I was getting a lot of frame dropping and pixelation before and hopefully it’ll be better. Hooray!!
Hi Walleye - apologies for the delayed question....I see the same on the tellofpv app - no option to connect to the T1s via OTG - only Bluetooth... were you able to get another option to appear on the app?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv