Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Headlight for Tello

HawkLS

Reaction score
I don't have a Tello yet, but is it possible to change the Green indicator LED on the front to a bright white one assuming that Green LED is on all time the when the Tello is powered on of course ?

I have no idea about electronics by the way, just an idea :sneaky:
That front LED is a multicolored one and it also flashes according to some situations. So you can't use as a headlight. :rolleyes:

HawkLS

Reaction score
I 3D printed some brackets to hold accessories.

1536112541208.png

So it could hold some lights with rubber bands.

1536112615284.png

Reactions: CHUNID and Beire
Reaction score
Hi all,
First post here since I have just joined this forum and I have only had my Tello a couple of days. It is awesome!
I find it very useful to have a bright led light on the front of the drones I fly as an aid to orientation when flying at a distance.

Does anyone have any ideas for a suitably BRIGHT, small and light led flashlight that I could attach to the upper body shell ?

Or has anyone implemented any other orientation aids?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
When I first got my Tello I painted the exposed end of the battery white and the back end of the Tello too. As I got confident that the device was reliably sending FPV to my phone I stopped looking at the drone so much. When I bought a spare battery I didn't feel the need to repeat the painting of the battery as by then I was fully flight aware without the aid of the paint.
I once had a drone without FPV and always had a 50mm Length of sticky electrical tape hanging from the back, which helped a lot.
Off topic but my Tello has started losing connection even only 3M away. I hope the latest update solves this problem. I haven't tired it yet as I am away on a Broads boat surrounded by too much water for comfort of it happens again.

Mohamed

Reaction score
Hi all,
First post here since I have just joined this forum and I have only had my Tello a couple of days. It is awesome!
I find it very useful to have a bright led light on the front of the drones I fly as an aid to orientation when flying at a distance.

Does anyone have any ideas for a suitably BRIGHT, small and light led flashlight that I could attach to the upper body shell ?

Or has anyone implemented any other orientation aids?

Thanks in advance

Jonathan
I couldn’t find appropriate light for my Tello so I changed the front propellers colour to red but you can use any other colour and that way you’ll always know where the front is

Duncan

Reaction score
I a new member and first tello time pilot right now.ì got my tello yesterday and I ,must say it's an awesome experience. I kept taking it up till it was dark not knowing about how low ambient environment affects the VPS. I lost vision of my tello and all I could see on my phone was a black screen haha. I instinctively ran towards the direction I last saw it while dragging the throttle down on my phone and crashed it in the bushes close by.one propeller broke andthat's the only damage I notice .... then I decided to add on flashing lights onto my tello so that when I do take another silly chance to fly at night I can see which direction it's facing .I purchased a tiny toy with flashing lights and a switch and stripped it and temporarily attachedit onto the tello for testing.

Attachments

Reactions: Santiago

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHJ026