Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Lighting modification

MNNJR69

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has difficulty in the orientation of the Tello when it is at a distance or in low-light conditions, so I made a small modification with a couple pieces of Velcro and an ultralight cheap LED. I even chose red to match Iron Man theme.

The other picture is a quick shot of the Las Vegas strip just before sundown.

Attachments

• 20191130_161946_HDR.jpg
    20191130_161946_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • 20191130_162024_HDR.jpg
    20191130_162024_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • 20191130_162012_HDR.jpg
    20191130_162012_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • 2019-11-30 16-09-43.jpg
    2019-11-30 16-09-43.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Socalmark
Hey everyone,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has difficulty in the orientation of the Tello when it is at a distance or in low-light conditions, so I made a small modification with a couple pieces of Velcro and an ultralight cheap LED. I even chose red to match Iron Man theme.

The other picture is a quick shot of the Las Vegas strip just before sundown.
Screenshot_20191130-224750.png

I really hope you requested faa authorization before you flew and we're granted. Otherwise I would recommend you don't post or talk about flying in that area. The last guy that flew there wound up getting jailed back in 2013 I believe.

Reactions: MNNJR69
hi
first remove prop guards
the bird will fly better in light wind.then..get a back black props
and yello or different front two props
it helps me allot!

Reactions: MNNJR69
View attachment 5041

I really hope you requested faa authorization before you flew and we're granted. Otherwise I would recommend you don't post or talk about flying in that area. The last guy that flew there wound up getting jailed back in 2013 I believe.

Thank you, I'm aware of the restricted airspace. I would never fly any drone in an unresponsible manner so as to endanger flight operations or any person. I was barely above the tree level, lower than 50 ft. there are buildings that are much closer to the airport that are much higher than that. We have very strict building codes here that regulate the height of any object within the glidescope of the runways.
Yes, just a short while back we had a tourist who flew his DJI Phantom 3 near The LINQ across from Caesars palace, not only in restricted airspace but at about 450 feet as well. Any air traffic in that vicinity whether it be helicopter or fixed-wing is definitely less than 400 ft at that location. The LINQ is approximately 1/4 Mile from the airport. He lost control and it flew away and landed a few feet next to an active runway at McCarran international airport. I don't know that he went to jail but he was fined $20,000. It was the hand of God that intervened in that incident and no people were hurt.

Were you cleared to fly just above tree level? If not you were in violation for unauthorized flight. I fly down by the river with 65ft limestone cliffs and trees above that, airport 3mi away upriver. Still need authorization to use 50' airspace.

hi
first remove prop guards
the bird will fly better in light wind.then..get a back black props
and yello or different front two props
it helps me allot!

@guy250! I take the prop guards off when I fly outside. They just happened to be on in the picture because I was flying in the house playing with the dog. I have the red light for the top and a blue one for the bottom. The Velcro works well. I will try some glow in the dark props though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv