Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

New app: TelloFPV for Android

Follow the problems of video transmission, the screen is pixelated without being able to see anything then it is fixed but at that moment of pixelation I am out of control of the tello, do not use the flypad anymore, in fact I am going to return it to Amazon, install the 1.01 and the video improved a bit but the failure is almost uncontrollable the tello, I will try to do a test recording the screen, like @ZimsFury I have not changed hardware Same phone same extend, flight mode?. I can not understand why the video is failing now if last week the video was fluid and perfect

You mean you have no control over tello when pixelation happens?
That is strange because all this happens ins completely isolated threads.

You mean you have no control over tello when pixelation happens?

That is strange because all this happens ins completely isolated threads.
If when it happens the pixelation seems to lose connection, is a delay in the controls when that happens, today I will try another tello from a friend with his cell phone to see what is happening,
I hope my tello has not been damaged
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

v1.04 has been released on play store beta. changes since last productive version

New
* Controller support for non-standard USB / OTG controllers
* Drone control axes Yaw, Throttle, Roll, Pitch can be mapped to buttons for binary control using keyfob sized controllers
* Functions can be mapped to analogue sticks / buttons
* Delete button / stick mapping by double tap

Changes
* Settings closed when clicked outside the settings view
* Autopilots updated for better POI tracking and faster rotation & climbing on RTH
* Auto bitrate not as aggressive in returning to 4Mbps

Fixes
* Phone battery reported 0% causing crash on some phones
* Some controllers had Y stick axes reversed
* VR screen layout screwed after phone wakeup (lock screen)
* Tune sticks highlighted the wrong direction on stick move
* Video recording stopped on some devices (invalid file)
* Crash on some devices due to battery reporting

Everybody with problems please try this version and report back both good & bad results for your problems.

Reactions: raulvolador
v1.04 has been released on play store beta. changes since last productive version

New
* Controller support for non-standard USB / OTG controllers
* Drone control axes Yaw, Throttle, Roll, Pitch can be mapped to buttons for binary control using keyfob sized controllers
* Functions can be mapped to analogue sticks / buttons
* Delete button / stick mapping by double tap

Changes
* Autopilots updated for better POI tracking and faster rotation & climbing on RTH

Fixes
* Phone battery reported 0% causing crash on some phones
* Some controllers had Y stick axes reversed
* VR screen layout screwed after phone wakeup (lock screen)
* Tune sticks highlighted the wrong direction on stick move
* Video recording stopped on some devices (invalid file)
* Crash on some devices due to battery reporting

Everybody with problems please try this version and report back both good & bad results for your problems.

The new version still does not appear in the google app store ???

I confirm still not present the v. 1:04. maybe he's working on it ... Today I wanted to go out and do some flight tests, but I had to postpone! I hope to fly early these days after the rain but above all the wind has long been that I do not fly with Tello!:(

I just realized this myself. Play Store says 1.04 is active but my phones also don't get an update... I'll try to release again.

Reactions: xcrost
OK, just released it (again) on play store. No clue how long this will take to get published. Maybe something is broken at google's site.

EDIT: Removed the download link as it seems play store has updated. At least it worked for my phones.

Last edited:
Friend Volate!lo, you know what error 74 means, today that error appeared, will it be because I was flying at night?

I am using the PS3 controller and I noticed that when using the beta 1.03p and mapping the dpad buttons the left button shows as Dpad_Left but the other buttons show Generic_Axis_5+ through 7+.

P.S. Just tried with v1.04p and same result

Last edited:
Friend Volate!lo, you know what error 74 means, today that error appeared, will it be because I was flying at night?
I think its something with IMU but not sure.

Just noticed MrSpok has already answered. As said, I'm not sure. I had it a couple of times after a crash but it cleared itself after placing Tello right side up for a few seconds.

I am using the PS3 controller and I noticed that when using the beta 1.03p and mapping the dpad buttons the left button shows as Dpad_Left but the other buttons show Generic_Axis_5+ through 7+.

P.S. Just tried with v1.04p and same result
Just check with a gamepad tester app. My guess is it will report just the same.

BTW: It seems play store has updated I could download 1.04

Hi all,

I have done a little TelloFPV 1.03 test with Tello and flysky today at home, it works like a charm, great !!!
I had no time to go outside for a better test, i hope it will be possible the next week-end.

For @Flydrone, here is my configuration :
Flysky FS-I6 > USB Dungle > USB/OTG converter > Phone

Note that only the left Flysky switchs can be assigned in the telloFPV mapping. It is the same with other RC sim app, so i think it is because of that dongle is made for a specific software...
That switchs have to be used like button in TelloFPV : Put a switch ON then OFF to make a command.
1.jpg

Here is link where you can have that products (It is china shop url but it is not really more expensive in europeens shop)
Flysky FS-i6 : FlySky FS-i6 i6 2.4G 6CH AFHDS RC Radio Transmitter Without Receiver for FPV RC Drone
USB Dongle : 22 in 1 RC Flight Simulator Cable for G7 Phoenix 5.0 XTR VRC FPV Racing
I don't have the link where i bought USB> OTG convertor but it is classical, the same than every one here use for connect gamepad...

Optional :
Flysky FS-i6 data cable (This cable is not on the picture below, it is just usefull if you want to update controller firmware, or hack the controller to extend channels available : that is not usefull for TelloFpv) : FlySky Data Cable USB Download Line For FS-i6 FS-T6 Transmitter Firmware Update
Phone support forFlysky FS-i6 (i am not sure it is the same than me) : Support de montage de support de support d'émetteur de tablette pour téléphone portable pour Flysky FS-I6

Here is a pic back to the flysky :
P1130880.JPG

The switch of the usb dongle has to be on the second position (G5-G7 Above)
2.jpg

And here is the mapping i used in TelloFPV :
20190217_153418_rmscr.jpg

I can't promise you but if i can, i will make video to show that....
Hope it will help you !
Have good time with your Tello !

I too am getting camera sensor fail now. Luckily it has only happened on the old "testing" tello so far. It happened last night after I changed a motor so naturally I thought that was the issue. I tried using the stock app and the other apps no dice. I can fly but no camera video feed.

v1.04 has been released on play store beta

@volate!lo,

Thanks a lot for adding that new features.

Could you explain deeper your changes into AutoBitrate for turning it non aggressive ?

You're so quick programming new releases that makes me feel I'm always late for testing ;)

Anyway, I report you my today flights into outdated TelloFPV 1.03 were perfect. No video problems, no controler problems.

I only noticed interface language sometimes changes by itself, in my case from english to spanish. A bit annoying but It doesn´t matter to me.

I'll give a try new v1.04 release as soon as possible.

All the best.

Raul.

actually work for 1.05 is underway already...

But first I'd like to release 1.04 into production, but for that I need feedback from those who had problems with previous releases

Just check with a gamepad tester app. My guess is it will report just the same.

BTW: It seems play store has updated I could download 1.04
I just tested with Gamepad tester and it says Up, Down, Right, Left with keycodes 19-22

I just tested with Gamepad tester and it says Up, Down, Right, Left with keycodes 19-22

Does the Gamepad tester show these DPad buttons _only_ as button presses with keycodes 19-22, or also as stick movements with axis_generic_5... ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alqar