Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

One motor not spinning, friction on manual spin

PuWo

Reaction score
After an indoor crash (with prop-guards on) one motor stopped working. There is no visual damage as far as I can tell but when I spin the props around manually there is friction on that one motor that is not working anymore.
I'm not sure if I need to try to replace that specific motor (I've never soldered before so I am a bit wary) or if something else might be done to get my beloved Tello airborne again.

Any suggestions?

Try loosing the prop a little bit. The prop may be in to tight, preventing the motor to spin.

Just prop. I have a few more ideas, but want to go step by step

I'll try this afternoon when I get back home. I hope your suggestion does the trick.

Unfortunately no luck. I think I've found the problem. The shaft that isn't spinning looks like it's sunk too deep into the motor.

'broken' motor:
IMG_20190305_175203738.jpg

Functioning motor:
IMG_20190305_175152578.jpg

Anybody has an idea on how to try and fix this? I thought about using pliers to pull it out but I'm not sure if that won't just pull the entire motor out.

Oh wow I can't believe my luck. I've used two sets of pliers to keep the motor in place and pull the shaft out at the same time and it worked! Tello is airborne again!
Wtf to what happened to the motor, wtf to ur repair actually worked!

Oh wow I can't believe my luck. I've used two sets of pliers to keep the motor in place and pull the shaft out at the same time and it worked! Tello is airborne again!
Hey, glad you got yours flying again, maybe you can help me? My shaft is also sunken but when I try to pull it out it just keeps falling back in again, I'm afraid to pull too hard, is there a point when I know I've gotten it right again?

Hey, glad you got yours flying again, maybe you can help me? My shaft is also sunken but when I try to pull it out it just keeps falling back in again, I'm afraid to pull too hard, is there a point when I know I've gotten it right again?
It was a long time ago I was able to fix it. I can't remember that my shaft 'fell back' into the motor. In the end I just decided to pull really hard as I figured that the motor was not working anyway so it couldn't get any worse. Just use something (another plier for exampled) to keep the motor in place.

If it doesn't work you can always try to replace one motor. I've had to do that myself with one of the other motors as well and it can be done without soldering. Because the wires are so thin it is not a very easy job however.

It was a long time ago I was able to fix it. I can't remember that my shaft 'fell back' into the motor. In the end I just decided to pull really hard as I figured that the motor was not working anyway so it couldn't get any worse. Just use something (another plier for exampled) to keep the motor in place.

If it doesn't work you can always try to replace one motor. I've had to do that myself with one of the other motors as well and it can be done without soldering. Because the wires are so thin it is not a very easy job however.
Thanks for the answer! I'm so disappointed, only had it one day! Might send it back and hope they replace the broken motor for me.

A new tello dron. propeler not spining when i turn it on its own it makes a clicking saund and every other motor is silenght.
Any sugestions?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv