Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello Fails

Avocet

Reaction score
I purchased 3 Tellos this fall for my students. I am a RPIC Part 107 with hundreds of hours of UAV time. 2 of them no longer respond to our iPads. I've update firmware continuously, and recalibrated many times. They take off and sink to the floor or one of them shoots straight up. Generally, the are not responding to my iPads or Android tablets being used. I am using the stock app as well as a popular Tello Custom app. I am flying these indoors in a gymnasium. The third Tello is flying nicely since it was opened a few months ago.

Any ideas about how to ease the pain of this investment? My budget is small to be sure and the Hubsan devices were not satisfactory for a number of reasons. I went through many of those.

Anyone? Thanks for your input.

I purchased 3 Tellos this fall for my students. I am a RPIC Part 107 with hundreds of hours of UAV time. 2 of them no longer respond to our iPads. I've update firmware continuously, and recalibrated many times. They take off and sink to the floor or one of them shoots straight up. Generally, the are not responding to my iPads or Android tablets being used. I am using the stock app as well as a popular Tello Custom app. I am flying these indoors in a gymnasium. The third Tello is flying nicely since it was opened a few months ago.

Any ideas about how to ease the pain of this investment? My budget is small to be sure and the Hubsan devices were not satisfactory for a number of reasons. I went through many of those.

Anyone? Thanks for your input.
Propellers in good shape and correct placement? Motors still in good shape and free of debris? Settings all correct? Video coming through? Any error code? Kinda hard to diagnose without seeing what’s happening. I’m no expert either. Best of luck

Propellers in good shape and correct placement? Motors still in good shape and free of debris? Settings all correct? Video coming through? Any error code? Kinda hard to diagnose without seeing what’s happening. I’m no expert either. Best of luck
The birds are all good on the outside, fresh batteries, props, firmware and calibrations. Video is fine and no error codes to speak of ..

one thing that can cause the drone to sink to the floor is an invalid altitude limit. Like altitude limit 0.

Should not be an issue with the normal apps but maybe someone used TALS or a homebrewn app / script.

So just connect using Tello or TelloFpv apps and set a valid altitude limit.

And maybe try to reset the drone: Power an, then press power button for 8-10s

Reactions: georgi UK
Any chance of a vid, we may spot something?,,,,,,
Sorry Georgi .. no vids and really nothing to see. She won't keep a hover and sinks to the deck, even with the left stick pushed all the way forward. This is the 2nd of 3 Tellos that are doing this.

I'm still learning Tello stuff, and the tricks, but I would be drawn to props and motors for both? I'm thinking indoor flying and the bumps you must have seen?

Like I have seen motors graded for 30-40 hrs life, and bad (non-oem) (+ wrong orientation) props make the Tel un-flyable,,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karlyan