Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Tello rCharlance charger external cable mod

raulvolador

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought this rCharlance Tello charger. It works right. I'm very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Rcha...harging/dp/B07D5WN16K/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8

I would like to share with you this external cable simple mod.

I realized it's difficult to find a battery connector for Tello Bateries. I plan to use one of the tree rCharlance charger ports as a plain connector, leaving rCharlance charger unpowered.

That way I can test battery voltage using an external voltimeter. It's also possible connect Tello battery to my old Thunder AC6 charger for battery Storage or discharge. Unfortunately it don´t properly recognize Tello hight voltage 4.35v LiOn batteries for charging.

The mod is as simple as soldering a couple of wires in the right place over the circuit board. Drill a little hole in the plastic case to let the wires out.

Some pictures here:

rcharlance external cable.jpg

rcharlance assambly.jpg

rcharlance open.jpg

rcharlance cables soldering.jpg

Last edited:
Here you can see how to do a practical use of this mod.

Using an external LiPo battery charger you can put your Tello LiOn batteries into STORAGE status (3.8 volts) for optimal aging. If you stop flying when app battery indicator reach about 20% this step is unnecesary.

rcharlance mod storage.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ph2t
I'm very happy with this charger, but I got very different times for a full charge depending of power supply used and the number of batteries charged simultaniously.

Using a generic 5 volts phone USB charger it takes up to 2.5 hours to fully charge 2 batteries simultaneosly

I got better results using an 1.5 Amp 12 volts generic power supply. It only takes 65 minuts to fully charge 2 batteries simultaneosly.

Of course, I had to make a cable adapter between rCharlance port and power suply cord. Charge starts at about 1.1 Amp per channel and slowly decrease to 0 until batteries reach 4.35 volts.

rccharlance cable adapter.jpg

power supply 12v.jpg

I hope it helps.

raul.

Last edited:
Nice work Raul. I must admit that I treat my tello batts poorly. I’m impatient and charge them at 2C, done in about 30mins.
Bad ph2t.

I'm very happy with this charger, but I got very different times for a full charge depending of power supply used and the number of batteries charged simultaniously.

Using a generic 5 volts phone USB charger it takes up to 2.5 hours to fully charge 2 batteries simultaneosly

I got better results using an 1.5 Amp 12 volts generic power supply. It only takes 65 minuts to fully charge 2 batteries simultaneosly.

Of course, I had to make a cable adapter between rCharlance port and power suply cord. Charge starts at about 1.1 Amp per channel and slowly decrease to 0 until batteries reach 4.35 volts.

View attachment 2294

View attachment 2295

I hope it helps.

raul.
Hi I have like this charger but I don’t know which number On the screen that mean it’s Full charger

I wanted to buy one of these chargers (as in the photo) only to have a second CB fast in charging and also as a reserve if you have the other defective cb.
Do you recommend this product?
Thanks Raul.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv