Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

kievnick

Reaction score
Dear Developer, how can I get this app if playmarket says that this app isnt available im my country (UKRAINE)?

volate!lo

Reaction score
TelloFpv is not available in several countries, Ukraine included. I am sorry but you will have to use aTelloPilot or Ryze Tello App.

ansama11

Reaction score
Current version 0.94

Current PDF manual is attached

Known defects
  • none
Features of upcoming release
  • VR goggle support
A few hints:
Controllers directly supported are T1d and Flypad.
All kinds of USB & bluetooth controllers that are supported by Android as "InputDevice". Please check with this gamepad tester app: Gamepad tester - Apps on Google Play
Buttons need to be recognized, and stick axis needs to be mapped to AXIS X, AXIS Y, AXIS Z, AXIS RZ (in any order, remapping is done in TelloFpv).
Is there a manual in Spanish?

Walleye

Reaction score
Thank you again for such a fantastic app!! Just starting out with Tello-Edu. I've noticed a fair amount of pixellating on my videos even though I'm not very high, <5m or far, <5m. I also use the Mi Extender. I've tried adjusting the bitrate higher to improve the video quality and a longer IFrame interval as well, but neither seem to help. I do live in an urban environment so I suppose there is a fair amount of RF noise. Does saving the raw h264 stream help? Other then skipping the corrupt frames, any other suggestion?
Danke!

ilidene

Reaction score
TelloFpv is not available in several countries, Ukraine included. I am sorry but you will have to use aTelloPilot or Ryze Tello App.
Greetings, im from Ukraine but I have the app. How did that happen if it's unavailable ?

volate!lo

Reaction score
Thank you again for such a fantastic app!! Just starting out with Tello-Edu. I've noticed a fair amount of pixellating on my videos even though I'm not very high, <5m or far, <5m. I also use the Mi Extender. I've tried adjusting the bitrate higher to improve the video quality and a longer IFrame interval as well, but neither seem to help. I do live in an urban environment so I suppose there is a fair amount of RF noise. Does saving the raw h264 stream help? Other then skipping the corrupt frames, any other suggestion?
Danke!
The question is : How does it compare with the OEM app? Tello does suffer from low wifi link quality in certain environments and settings. TelloFpv can't bring back wifi packets that were lost in transit so pixelation, garbage and dropped frames are to be expected to a certain degree.

Are you using v1.11 or 1.12? Bluetooth switched off? If its pixelation you should not use longer but shorter IFrame intervals. Shorter IFrame intervals reduce sharpness of the images, but reduce pixelation.
Saving as h264 doesn't help because the problem is lost wifi packets. These are missing in the h264 stream, too. You may try to play the h264 with other apps on the PC. Some codes are smarter than others when it comes to interpolating missing data.
Have you read the manual?

Greetings, im from Ukraine but I have the app. How did that happen if it's unavailable ?
Because you bought before the app was removed from the store in Ukraine .

Walleye

Reaction score
The question is : How does it compare with the OEM app? Tello does suffer from low wifi link quality in certain environments and settings. TelloFpv can't bring back wifi packets that were lost in transit so pixelation, garbage and dropped frames are to be expected to a certain degree.

Are you using v1.11 or 1.12? Bluetooth switched off? If its pixelation you should not use longer but shorter IFrame intervals. Shorter IFrame intervals reduce sharpness of the images, but reduce pixelation.
Saving as h264 doesn't help because the problem is lost wifi packets. These are missing in the h264 stream, too. You may try to play the h264 with other apps on the PC. Some codes are smarter than others when it comes to interpolating missing data.
Have you read the manual?

Because you bought before the app was removed from the store in Ukraine .
Of course I’ve read the manual.
I am using 1.12.
According to the manual:
“Use shorter intervals to improve the video stream stability over long distances. Use longer intervals in areas with low interference to improve recorded video quality.”
I didn’t think 5 meters was a long distance so I tried a longer interval to try to improve the video quality. I’ll try a shorter interval when it stops raining.
It may just be low WiFi link quality in my urban environment.

Reactions: volate!lo

volate!lo

Reaction score
Of course I’ve read the manual.
I am using 1.12.
According to the manual:
“Use shorter intervals to improve the video stream stability over long distances. Use longer intervals in areas with low interference to improve recorded video quality.”
I didn’t think 5 meters was a long distance so I tried a longer interval to try to improve the video quality. I’ll try a shorter interval when it stops raining.
It may just be low WiFi link quality in my urban environment.
With bluetooth off you should not see many pixelations then. Can you upload / share videos somewhere?.

AdoSA

Reaction score
Great app m8. Bought it yesterday after only a few minutes flying with demo. Keep up the good work

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: volate!lo

volate!lo

Reaction score
TelloFPV v1.12 ? I missed something as I thought last version were v1.11, as you announced here: New app: TelloFPV

How can I know what changes into new version v1.12 ?

Thanks.
It was so minor I never mentioned it: 1.12 restricted the maximum speed for POI autopilots depending on POI distance. Plus some fixed translations.
Thats all.

Reactions: raulvolador

volate!lo

Reaction score
You did not mention the gamesir before...

The problem is bluetooth and how well the reception of your phone is - some are much better than others. That is not an app or software issue - its really hardware and chipsets and antennas. With bluetooth on many wifi packages just don't arrive and nothing can bring them back.

Set IFrame period to 1s or less to get a stable video feed, but video won't be excellent. If you want really good video switch off the bluetooth controller.

Walleye

Reaction score
TelloFPV had a great review by “Captain Drone” on YouTube with over 4,600 views already. Perhaps that will drum up some well deserved purchases for all your efforts!

Reactions: MrSpok

volate!lo

Reaction score
TelloFPV had a great review by “Captain Drone” on YouTube with over 4,600 views already. Perhaps that will drum up some well deserved purchases for all your efforts!
Yeah, we had some quick contact two weeks ago. Of course Tello is "old news" already, but he still likes it and had some fun with the app.
I hope that it bumps sales a bit. It seems most sales leads come in through facebook and youtube these days. So its crucial to get some coverage there. Comparing Ryze Tello downloads and TelloFpv downloads there is certainly room to grow...

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kospa