Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

zaphod

Reaction score
This app is pretty great, had so much fun flying around in fpv fast mode.
(works great with ps4 controller, bluetooth does not seem to make any difference)

was using the free droneVR+ thing, and it lacks the ability to go to fast mode completely.

interestingly i get next to no frame drops with this app? or just getting lucky with low wifi interference, or figured the right distance to put the wifi extender or something. (also am now putting the phone in airplane mode before flying, maybe that was it)

also, this somehow has better picture quality on FPV than droneVR+
---

some weird things, why is the video/picture thing you need to change, just give a button to take a picture, and have taking video on another button.

all the buttons are apparently named with what they are on xbox controller, i guess you have to pick something, so understandable. First test flights i also had annoying issue as i was testing indoors, as the default seemed to the touch screen takeoff be for throwing it? Make that a separate button or something, at least an option somewhere, not the default.

awesome program, just takes getting used to how it does things.

Last edited:

volate!lo

Reaction score
(works great with ps4 controller, bluetooth does not seem to make any difference)

was using the free droneVR+ thing, and it lacks the ability to go to fast mode completely.

interestingly i get next to no frame drops with this app? or just getting lucky with low wifi interference, or figured the right distance to put the wifi extender or something. (also am now putting the phone in airplane mode before flying, maybe that was it)

---

some weird things, why is the video/picture thing you need to change, just give a button to take a picture, and have taking video on another button.

all the buttons are apparently named with what they are on xbox controller, i guess you have to pick something, so understandable. First test flights i also had annoying issue as i was testing indoors, as the default seemed to the touch screen takeoff be for throwing it? Make that a separate button or something, at least an option somewhere, not the default.

Instead of constant frame drops you see flickers or pixel garbage in this app, as it tries to keep the useable part of a broken frame.

Since taking pictures and recording videos are mutual exclusive operation, it makes sense to use one shutter button for both.
Many buttons have double functions, one for short press and one for long press. Throw launch for example is a long press on the takeoff button. Short press on the same button is normal takeoff.

That is all described in the manual (Menu => help)

Reactions: Deani77 and zaphod

jacko0088

Reaction score
Proposal:

- if signal goes below 5db -> force RTH (send the command)

volate!lo

Reaction score
Proposal:

- if signal goes below 5db -> force RTH (send the command)
Easy to implement, but would cause more lost Tellos then it would save. Keep in mind that Tello is not capable of autonomous RTH, and does not have obstacle avoidance.

Example: You circle a tree and maybe you read 70db at the start. When Tello is right behind the tree wifi drops down to 10db, and TelloFpv initiates a RTH. Tello would fly straight into the tree.
You fly indoors from room to room. Wifi drops below 10db, and Tello flies a straight RTH and crashes into the next wall.

Bottom line: I think automated RTH does more harm then good, and consequently I don't implement it.

skynets

Reaction score
Hi, great app after using it for a month now. Any chances to add follow me mode or active track functions?

volate!lo

Reaction score
No for active track. It simply doesn't work reliably, see aTelloPilot.
FollowMe... we shall see ;)

Reactions: raulvolador

njinco

Reaction score
just love the pro version. thanks again for this app

njinco

Reaction score

---

any how to's to connect ps4 controller to tellofpv?

njinco

Reaction score
Easy-
  • BT: pair the controller to your phone (or tablet) first, then run Tellofpv.
  • OTG: just plug the controller into your mobile device with an OTG cable, then run Tellofpv
  • Enjoy
Thanks, was about to ask how to do that but i think its too much, so i just google it. hehe thanks will try later. :D

Reactions: umanbean

Avraham Reiss

Reaction score
I have just downloaded from Google Play the latest TelloFPV update, but don't see top left the "hamburger" which opens the main menu. I also don't see how to connect to the GameSir 1td (I'm trying the cableless Bluetooth connection,which works fine with the original Tello app). Could this be a location problem (I live in Jerusalem, Israel.)

volate!lo

Reaction score
I have just downloaded from Google Play the latest TelloFPV update, but don't see top left the "hamburger" which opens the main menu. I also don't see how to connect to the GameSir 1td (I'm trying the cableless Bluetooth connection,which works fine with the original Tello app). Could this be a location problem (I live in Jerusalem, Israel.)
which version are you on (menu = about)

njinco

Reaction score
It's not too much, what do you need to know?
your right everything was easy to connect however i have a really bad lag on the controller, (tap analog stick for less than a second, drone doesnt move immediately and when it does, drone moves for 1 to 2 secs on the direction u tapped. Anytips?

EDIT: i think i lessened the lag to an acceptable time. tap analog 0.1ms, drone moves after 0.2ms and stops. is that the best i could get or any tips or additional apps to install? or some adv settings in tellofpv ? i dont want to tinker much on the control settings on my own as it works fine on phone, i just have better control on a bluetooth controller during outside flights and if its abit windy thats why i want to get the bluetooth part working. thanks in adv.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Any noticeable long lag is typically an issue of the slow video mode. Tello does its own filtering and the appears to be lag. To understand real control lag you have to use fast / sport mode in at least 2m altitude. Only then input appears to be mostly unfiltered by Tello.

I think you got your 0.1ms wrong. Internal lag of TelloFpv from Android announcing that a stick has moved to the control data packaget leaving is about 10-20ms, or 0.02s.

Any settings you do for the controller have no impact on the onscreen joysticks.These are completely separate, so just twiddle with it.

Avraham Reiss

Reaction score
which version are you on (menu = about)
I have just stated explicitly that I have no way to get to the Menu, therefore cannot get to the "about" and can't know what version I have. Yesterday and the day before I updated to what should be the latest version, but see no "hamburger" (the stacked horizontal lines) which would get me into the main menu. I am running on Android on a Samsung A7 Smartphone. The update process ran smoothly. I considered deleting the app and downloading again, but I have a purchased copy and am afraid that if I delete the app the purchasing details will also be deleted and I would be required to pay again for the app. Please (also) relate to this point.

Last edited:

volate!lo

Reaction score
I have just stated explicitly that I have no way to get to the Menu, therefore cannot get to the "about" and can't know what version I have. Yesterday and the day before I updated to what should be the latest version, but see no "hamburger" (the stacked horizontal lines) which would get me into the main menu. I am running on Android on a Samsung A7 Smartphone. The update process ran smoothly.
Arghh.... Stupid me, sorry. seems i was asleep already when I wrote this :sleep:

I suppose you are still on v1.14. Hebrew works only in the latest beta version 1.15.
You can either join beta test from within the play store (at the bottom of the TelloFpv page), or wait a few more hours. I will release 1.15 to public later today, so you should get an automatic update

Avraham Reiss

Reaction score
Arghh.... Stupid me, sorry. seems i was asleep already when I wrote this :sleep:

I suppose you are still on v1.14. Hebrew works only in the latest beta version 1.15.
You can either join beta test from within the play store (at the bottom of the TelloFpv page), or wait a few more hours. I will release 1.15 to public later today, so you should get an automatic update
Prompt reply much appreciated, will await 1.15. My phone contains Hebrew, but TelloFPV displays in English. BTW, as one with much programming experience, allow me to say: great app!

Avraham Reiss

Reaction score
Prompt reply much appreciated, will await 1.15. My phone contains Hebrew, but TelloFPV displays in English. BTW, as one with much programming experience, allow me to say: great app!
A minute after I wrote the above I got the update, works great (haven't flown yet). Thanks a million! The "about" says "1.15 P". How do I go about connecting to the GameSir T1d Controller?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dronoticos