Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

I have just downloaded from Google Play the latest TelloFPV update, but don't see top left the "hamburger" which opens the main menu. I also don't see how to connect to the GameSir 1td (I'm trying the cableless Bluetooth connection,which works fine with the original Tello app). Could this be a location problem (I live in Jerusalem, Israel.)

I have just downloaded from Google Play the latest TelloFPV update, but don't see top left the "hamburger" which opens the main menu. I also don't see how to connect to the GameSir 1td (I'm trying the cableless Bluetooth connection,which works fine with the original Tello app). Could this be a location problem (I live in Jerusalem, Israel.)
which version are you on (menu = about)

It's not too much, what do you need to know?
your right everything was easy to connect however i have a really bad lag on the controller, (tap analog stick for less than a second, drone doesnt move immediately and when it does, drone moves for 1 to 2 secs on the direction u tapped. Anytips?

EDIT: i think i lessened the lag to an acceptable time. tap analog 0.1ms, drone moves after 0.2ms and stops. is that the best i could get or any tips or additional apps to install? or some adv settings in tellofpv ? i dont want to tinker much on the control settings on my own as it works fine on phone, i just have better control on a bluetooth controller during outside flights and if its abit windy thats why i want to get the bluetooth part working. thanks in adv.

Any noticeable long lag is typically an issue of the slow video mode. Tello does its own filtering and the appears to be lag. To understand real control lag you have to use fast / sport mode in at least 2m altitude. Only then input appears to be mostly unfiltered by Tello.

I think you got your 0.1ms wrong. Internal lag of TelloFpv from Android announcing that a stick has moved to the control data packaget leaving is about 10-20ms, or 0.02s.

Any settings you do for the controller have no impact on the onscreen joysticks.These are completely separate, so just twiddle with it.

which version are you on (menu = about)
I have just stated explicitly that I have no way to get to the Menu, therefore cannot get to the "about" and can't know what version I have. Yesterday and the day before I updated to what should be the latest version, but see no "hamburger" (the stacked horizontal lines) which would get me into the main menu. I am running on Android on a Samsung A7 Smartphone. The update process ran smoothly. I considered deleting the app and downloading again, but I have a purchased copy and am afraid that if I delete the app the purchasing details will also be deleted and I would be required to pay again for the app. Please (also) relate to this point.

Last edited:
I have just stated explicitly that I have no way to get to the Menu, therefore cannot get to the "about" and can't know what version I have. Yesterday and the day before I updated to what should be the latest version, but see no "hamburger" (the stacked horizontal lines) which would get me into the main menu. I am running on Android on a Samsung A7 Smartphone. The update process ran smoothly.
Arghh.... Stupid me, sorry. seems i was asleep already when I wrote this :sleep:

I suppose you are still on v1.14. Hebrew works only in the latest beta version 1.15.
You can either join beta test from within the play store (at the bottom of the TelloFpv page), or wait a few more hours. I will release 1.15 to public later today, so you should get an automatic update

Arghh.... Stupid me, sorry. seems i was asleep already when I wrote this :sleep:

I suppose you are still on v1.14. Hebrew works only in the latest beta version 1.15.
You can either join beta test from within the play store (at the bottom of the TelloFpv page), or wait a few more hours. I will release 1.15 to public later today, so you should get an automatic update
Prompt reply much appreciated, will await 1.15. My phone contains Hebrew, but TelloFPV displays in English. BTW, as one with much programming experience, allow me to say: great app!

Prompt reply much appreciated, will await 1.15. My phone contains Hebrew, but TelloFPV displays in English. BTW, as one with much programming experience, allow me to say: great app!
A minute after I wrote the above I got the update, works great (haven't flown yet). Thanks a million! The "about" says "1.15 P". How do I go about connecting to the GameSir T1d Controller?

Excellent.
For t1d: Make sure it si not paired. If it is unpair it first. Also make sure that Ryze app is not open in the background (its very greedy and grabs any connection it can get).
Then turn on controller, open TelloFpv, open menu => Controller and press the "scan for t1d" button.

And RTFM, available under menu => help

Udated to 1.15 too, "Beta version" message is gone.

As other updates, TelloFPV lost all of my settings for photo, video, controller... :(

Fortunately, Flight Log has not been deleted.

Raul.

Last edited:
Udated to 1.15 too, "Beta version" message is gone.

As other updates, TelloFPV lost all of my settings for photo, video, controller... :(

Fortunately, Flight Log has not been deleted.

Raul.
Ooops. I just see that I made a mistake with the build anme. It reads 1.15 but it should read 1.15e.

I suppose you were on 1.15c or d, so the system thinks you have downgraded from 1.15d to 1.15 and clears the settings. Otherwise you should not lose anything.

I did something stupid and by mistake deleted your email with Bluetooth instructions. Bottom line, everything is working perfectly - i.e. v1.15 P with Bluetooth connection. As a computer professional I have many years of experience in debugging - my own bugs, but mostly other peoples. My first rule is to simplify everything, to remove anything one can do without. What I did was to start with the original Tello app, got a Bluetooth connection, and then immediately switched to TelloFPV. I RTFM'd, and saw that you have invested no little programming effort into the Bluetooth connection! So finally I'm up and running. Thanks for all your support. (Could I trouble you to resend me the email I deleted?).

I did something stupid and by mistake deleted your email with Bluetooth instructions. Bottom line, everything is working perfectly - i.e. v1.15 P with Bluetooth connection. As a computer professional I have many years of experience in debugging - my own bugs, but mostly other peoples. My first rule is to simplify everything, to remove anything one can do without. What I did was to start with the original Tello app, got a Bluetooth connection, and then immediately switched to TelloFPV. I RTFM'd, and saw that you have invested no little programming effort into the Bluetooth connection! So finally I'm up and running. Thanks for all your support. (Could I trouble you to resend me the email I deleted?).
I sent you an email ?? Well I have about 20-40 contacts per day so hard to find that mail, at least I have none with your name.

Or do you mean that post:

@volate!lo:
Just one question: In the Drohnen-Forum a Tello pilot has a message when starting the app TelloFPV that he should switch to the flight mode. This disturbs him a bit. He has, like me too, the newest version V1.15 of the app. This message came with older versions as well. :unsure:
However, I never had seen this message before on my phone, although I never had activated the flight mode for flying.
Can you please explain, under which conditions this message is displayed? That could help me a lot to understand that.
Many thanks in advance. :)

Manual pg 29 lists most warning / error messages of the app. He is talking about #2
  • Please connect to Tello's wifi
    Your phone is not connected to Tello’s wifi. You may press the wifi signal strength indicator in the bottom bar to open the Android wifi selection dialog.
  • Connecting to Tello...Is phone in airplane mode?
    Your phone is connected to Tello’s wifi but Tello can’t be found on the internet. This happens on many / most Android devices if the phone is connected to the internet via cellular data. The phone tries to talk to Tello on the cellular data connection instead of wifi. Please disable cellular data (set phone into flight mode, then re-enable only wifi and connect to Tello’s wifi)
  • Connecting to Tello...Is Ryze Tello App still open?
    Your phone is connected to Tello’s wifi, and Tello has been found on the network but refuses connection requests. This typically happens if the Ryze Tello App is still open in the background. Please use the Android task manager to force close this app.

Reactions: MrSpok
Hi volate!lo,
many thanks. You helped me and a Tellaner very much. :) (y)

And I have a possible solution:
Switch on WiFi and mobile data on your mobile phone, then go into the settings of your smartphone to "Connections", "WiFi", "Advanced" (top right).
There you will find the function "Switch to mobile data": "Switch to mobile data if your WLAN internet connection is too slow or unstable". Turn this function off (that's how it is with me). Your phone will no longer search for the Tello via the mobile data and the problem should be solved.
I read the options from my mobile phone in German. Depending on translation differences, OS version or mobile phone type the points can differ.

Hi volate!lo,
many thanks. You helped me and a Tellaner very much. :) (y)

And I have a possible solution:
Switch on WiFi and mobile data on your mobile phone, then go into the settings of your smartphone to "Connections", "WiFi", "Advanced" (top right).
There you will find the function "Switch to mobile data": "Switch to mobile data if your WLAN internet connection is too slow or unstable". Turn this function off (that's how it is with me). Your phone will no longer search for the Tello via the mobile data and the problem should be solved.
I read the options from my mobile phone in German. Depending on translation differences, OS version or mobile phone type the points can differ.

I don't think this is a standard option of Android. Must be specific to your phone model / manufacturer.

Hello everyone,

Do you know if the developer of this great app has planned to release it on ios too? it's missing for many for iphones and ipad .....

Thank you :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv