Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

volate!lo

Reaction score
Excellent.
For t1d: Make sure it si not paired. If it is unpair it first. Also make sure that Ryze app is not open in the background (its very greedy and grabs any connection it can get).
Then turn on controller, open TelloFpv, open menu => Controller and press the "scan for t1d" button.

And RTFM, available under menu => help

raulvolador

Reaction score
Udated to 1.15 too, "Beta version" message is gone.

As other updates, TelloFPV lost all of my settings for photo, video, controller... :(

Fortunately, Flight Log has not been deleted.

Raul.

Last edited:

volate!lo

Reaction score
Udated to 1.15 too, "Beta version" message is gone.

As other updates, TelloFPV lost all of my settings for photo, video, controller... :(

Fortunately, Flight Log has not been deleted.

Raul.
Ooops. I just see that I made a mistake with the build anme. It reads 1.15 but it should read 1.15e.

I suppose you were on 1.15c or d, so the system thinks you have downgraded from 1.15d to 1.15 and clears the settings. Otherwise you should not lose anything.

Avraham Reiss

Reaction score
I did something stupid and by mistake deleted your email with Bluetooth instructions. Bottom line, everything is working perfectly - i.e. v1.15 P with Bluetooth connection. As a computer professional I have many years of experience in debugging - my own bugs, but mostly other peoples. My first rule is to simplify everything, to remove anything one can do without. What I did was to start with the original Tello app, got a Bluetooth connection, and then immediately switched to TelloFPV. I RTFM'd, and saw that you have invested no little programming effort into the Bluetooth connection! So finally I'm up and running. Thanks for all your support. (Could I trouble you to resend me the email I deleted?).

volate!lo

Reaction score
I did something stupid and by mistake deleted your email with Bluetooth instructions. Bottom line, everything is working perfectly - i.e. v1.15 P with Bluetooth connection. As a computer professional I have many years of experience in debugging - my own bugs, but mostly other peoples. My first rule is to simplify everything, to remove anything one can do without. What I did was to start with the original Tello app, got a Bluetooth connection, and then immediately switched to TelloFPV. I RTFM'd, and saw that you have invested no little programming effort into the Bluetooth connection! So finally I'm up and running. Thanks for all your support. (Could I trouble you to resend me the email I deleted?).
I sent you an email 🤔? Well I have about 20-40 contacts per day so hard to find that mail, at least I have none with your name.

Or do you mean that post:

MrSpok

Reaction score
@volate!lo:
Just one question: In the Drohnen-Forum a Tello pilot has a message when starting the app TelloFPV that he should switch to the flight mode. This disturbs him a bit. He has, like me too, the newest version V1.15 of the app. This message came with older versions as well. :unsure:
However, I never had seen this message before on my phone, although I never had activated the flight mode for flying.
Can you please explain, under which conditions this message is displayed? That could help me a lot to understand that.
Many thanks in advance. :)

volate!lo

Reaction score
Manual pg 29 lists most warning / error messages of the app. He is talking about #2
  • Please connect to Tello's wifi
    Your phone is not connected to Tello’s wifi. You may press the wifi signal strength indicator in the bottom bar to open the Android wifi selection dialog.
  • Connecting to Tello...Is phone in airplane mode?
    Your phone is connected to Tello’s wifi but Tello can’t be found on the internet. This happens on many / most Android devices if the phone is connected to the internet via cellular data. The phone tries to talk to Tello on the cellular data connection instead of wifi. Please disable cellular data (set phone into flight mode, then re-enable only wifi and connect to Tello’s wifi)
  • Connecting to Tello...Is Ryze Tello App still open?
    Your phone is connected to Tello’s wifi, and Tello has been found on the network but refuses connection requests. This typically happens if the Ryze Tello App is still open in the background. Please use the Android task manager to force close this app.

Reactions: MrSpok

MrSpok

Reaction score
Hi volate!lo,
many thanks. You helped me and a Tellaner very much. :) (y)

And I have a possible solution:
Switch on WiFi and mobile data on your mobile phone, then go into the settings of your smartphone to "Connections", "WiFi", "Advanced" (top right).
There you will find the function "Switch to mobile data": "Switch to mobile data if your WLAN internet connection is too slow or unstable". Turn this function off (that's how it is with me). Your phone will no longer search for the Tello via the mobile data and the problem should be solved.
I read the options from my mobile phone in German. Depending on translation differences, OS version or mobile phone type the points can differ.

volate!lo

Reaction score
Hi volate!lo,
many thanks. You helped me and a Tellaner very much. :) (y)

And I have a possible solution:
Switch on WiFi and mobile data on your mobile phone, then go into the settings of your smartphone to "Connections", "WiFi", "Advanced" (top right).
There you will find the function "Switch to mobile data": "Switch to mobile data if your WLAN internet connection is too slow or unstable". Turn this function off (that's how it is with me). Your phone will no longer search for the Tello via the mobile data and the problem should be solved.
I read the options from my mobile phone in German. Depending on translation differences, OS version or mobile phone type the points can differ.
I don't think this is a standard option of Android. Must be specific to your phone model / manufacturer.

Pelop

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Do you know if the developer of this great app has planned to release it on ios too? it's missing for many for iphones and ipad .....

Thank you :)

umanbean

Reaction score
Get an inexpensive Android device—you won’t be disappointed.
That's what I did, and thinking about buying another one.

My old primary phone, a Galaxy S3, is still on Android 4.4 and won't run TelloFpv, which requires 5.0 or later. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of rooting it and upgrading to a later OS, so I bought a Galaxy S5 off eBay. It's become my primary phone now, but I'd still like to have a dedicated flight phone with a data-only SIM card in it... $80 for a like-new S5 refurb, but I'm thinking about maybe an S7 for primary and make this S5 my flight phone.

TelloFpv is worth it

Reactions: SteinJM

rpasquet

Reaction score
I did a test with the combination of Tello + TelloFPV + gamepad + repeater = perfect flight. I conclude that this may be the cheapest combination and at the same time more enjoyable to fly.
It's in Portuguese.
Congratulations on the excellent work :)

sil3nc3

Reaction score
I'm using tello with mi repeater 2 and xiaomi note 4 with parrot flypad, and sometimes got fail when trying to download photos. Can switch to video and it works, but tello can't send photos, only 0% is displayed then fail. Photo quality set to high, 3.9mbps connection without interference.

volate!lo

Reaction score
I'm using tello with mi repeater 2 and xiaomi note 4 with parrot flypad, and sometimes got fail when trying to download photos. Can switch to video and it works, but tello can't send photos, only 0% is displayed then fail. Photo quality set to high, 3.9mbps connection without interference.
Is this reproducable?

volate!lo

Reaction score
Had the previous down load finished?
What about the ryze app, same problem?

sil3nc3

Reaction score
Yes, it started after few minutes after takeoff and taking some pictures. At one point it refuses to download any. Still i've got over 2gb free. I forgot to switch to old app to check if it works, will try next time. Could you add sound when photo download failed?

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cunningt