Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

Get an inexpensive Android device—you won’t be disappointed.
That's what I did, and thinking about buying another one.

My old primary phone, a Galaxy S3, is still on Android 4.4 and won't run TelloFpv, which requires 5.0 or later. I didn't feel like going through the hassle of rooting it and upgrading to a later OS, so I bought a Galaxy S5 off eBay. It's become my primary phone now, but I'd still like to have a dedicated flight phone with a data-only SIM card in it... $80 for a like-new S5 refurb, but I'm thinking about maybe an S7 for primary and make this S5 my flight phone.

TelloFpv is worth it

Reactions: SteinJM
I'm using tello with mi repeater 2 and xiaomi note 4 with parrot flypad, and sometimes got fail when trying to download photos. Can switch to video and it works, but tello can't send photos, only 0% is displayed then fail. Photo quality set to high, 3.9mbps connection without interference.

I'm using tello with mi repeater 2 and xiaomi note 4 with parrot flypad, and sometimes got fail when trying to download photos. Can switch to video and it works, but tello can't send photos, only 0% is displayed then fail. Photo quality set to high, 3.9mbps connection without interference.
Is this reproducable?

Yes, it started after few minutes after takeoff and taking some pictures. At one point it refuses to download any. Still i've got over 2gb free. I forgot to switch to old app to check if it works, will try next time. Could you add sound when photo download failed?

@volate!lo Good day!;)

Do you have any suggestion for getting a smooth control when taking video footage, examples moving around objects smoothly, or following object from behind or sideways.

I attach my setup and I really don't know what I'm doing. I did read your manual but don't really understand, sorry my limited english:LOL:

Thank you so much, and enjoy your holiday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-22-439_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-22-439_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    270.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-18-643_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-18-643_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    269.8 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-15-228_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-15-228_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    270.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-07-033_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-12-09-44-07-033_com.volatello.tellofpv.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 27
@volate!lo Good day!;)

Do you have any suggestion for getting a smooth control when taking video footage, examples moving around objects smoothly, or following object from behind or sideways.

I attach my setup and I really don't know what I'm doing. I did read your manual but don't really understand, sorry my limited english:LOL:

Thank you so much, and enjoy your holiday.
For me: much more expo on yaw+pitch+roll, and lower rates at least for yaw. Yaw rate around 50% or less for videos

Reactions: ChrisWu
For me: much more expo on yaw+pitch+roll, and lower rates at least for yaw. Yaw rate around 50% or less for videos

Maybe I'll try your set up like on your manual?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-12-17-18-16-552_com.adobe.reader.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-12-17-18-16-552_com.adobe.reader.png
    977.8 KB · Views: 32
Hi, anyone knows how to buy TelloFPV app from Ukraine? I know there are some complicated ways, but did anyone try them?

@volate!lo Just bought a Tello and your app (running on note8) and wanted to thank you for your hard work!
I was also wondering if there was an option to take photos at intervals? kind of like you have for the panorama mode.
What i picture would be, take 1 photo every X seconds, or maybe take 1 photo every X feet (distance/altitude)?
anyway, it's my first drone experience and your app make it even easier!

Currently there is no way to do this but i will add this in the next release: it will take photos continuously, but interval depends on the time required to download. Can result in one photo every 5 seconds or every 1 minute depending on wifi link quality

Currently there is no way to do this but i will add this in the next release
Ask and ye shall receive!

How refreshing to have such a responsive developer in our corner. If a feature is asked for, and is possible, he puts it in - nice!

Hope you're enjoying your holiday.

Current version 0.94

Current PDF manual is attached

Known defects
  • none

Features of upcoming release
  • VR goggle support

A few hints:
Controllers directly supported are T1d and Flypad.
All kinds of USB & bluetooth controllers that are supported by Android as "InputDevice". Please check with this gamepad tester app: Gamepad tester - Apps on Google Play
Buttons need to be recognized, and stick axis needs to be mapped to AXIS X, AXIS Y, AXIS Z, AXIS RZ (in any order, remapping is done in TelloFpv).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
July 2019 - Current TelloFPV app version is 1.5. Full documentation inside the app.(30 A4 pages).

Currently there is no way to do this but i will add this in the next release

You are incredible.

it will take photos continuously, but interval depends on the time required to download

Can you make it best-effort, i.e. try to keep constant, set interval, granted the download time would allow? So, when download takes 5s (an example only), one could set interval to 1s and get new photo every 5s, because of download time, but with 30s interval we'd get regular 30s snapshots?

You are incredible.

Can you make it best-effort, i.e. try to keep constant, set interval, granted the download time would allow? So, when download takes 5s (an example only), one could set interval to 1s and get new photo every 5s, because of download time, but with 30s interval we'd get regular 30s snapshots?
Thats the idea (min intervall)

Reactions: Enfors

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv