Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

Its one thing if someone figures out how to do this and keeps a free copy for his own use.

Yeah, I have a way to save APKs, but you can rest assured i only do it for my own use!

In fact, having a copy of v0.9 saved my sanity and kept me flying after the v0.94 upgrade kept crashing on my Fire 7 tablet. I didn't say anything because I'd already seen you mention the upcoming Beta so just reverted to v0.9 and waited... v0.96 works GREAT again!

C'mon folks, only 46 of us have rated/reviewed the app on Google Play. If you took the time to buy it, go ahead and at least rate it!

mikeg

Thanks! Just joined and downloaded .96. I'm hoping to go to the park to try it with less wifi/bluetooth interference in an hour or so which makes the timing perfect.

mikeg

That should not happen... :cry:

I wondered about that...

Units changed back to Metric
RTH min Alt. changed from 2M to 0
Bitrate changed from 4MBps to 3
iFrame interval changed from 5 to 4 sec.
Photo Quality changed from High to Low

This is not a complaint, if fact it doesn't bother me at all. I'm used to going through all the settings on my Phantom -- that's just what you do if you want it to come back in one piece. :D

I wondered about that...

This is not a complaint, if fact it doesn't bother me at all. I'm used to going through all the settings on my Phantom -- that's just what you do if you want it to come back in one piece. :D

My Units remained Imperial and RTH min Alt remained 2M for me.
Bitrate did change from 4 to 3 for me as well.
I don't know what I had for iFrame interval.
Photo Quality remained High for me.

I upgraded from .94 to .96

mikeg

I upgraded from .94 to .96

I upgraded from .9 to .96, don't know what difference that would make though? It seems mine went back to the Defaults you would have from a 'fresh install'.

• I don't remember what day .94 came out... I upgraded as soon as it did, but didn't fly right away.
  • New Years day I found out that it wouldn't work on the tablet I use to fly with, so I had to use {ugh} Tello app.
  • Next morning (Wed.) I deleted .94 and reinstalled .9 from a backup, worked fine. Since it was like a 'new install', all settings went back to Default, but I changed them to my preferences.
  • This morning upgraded to .96, working great but some settings changed.
I'm so tickled with everything about this app, don't even care about that. If I don't check my Settings and they're not right, it's MY fault.

I wondered about that...

Its just not what was supposed to happen. Unless you do an uninstall & reinstall. Then of course everything is deleted and re-created.

Settings made in v0.8 and earlier are to be deleted due to incompatibility with the newer button mapping, later versions should remain unchanged.

OK, so there is still a bug for settings. Noted. (y)

Quick question about the auto pilots. I was trying to do the 360 degree and fly away autopilots but they both cut off. I looked in the manual and I'm guessing from what I read there that it was probably due to the VPS being confused. Either that or the wind.

Can you confirm which it likely was? It was probably 30 feet up and there's snow on the ground. Trying the fly away mode was head height over pavement.

Thanks,
Mikeg

Quick question about the auto pilots. I was trying to do the 360 degree and fly away autopilots but they both cut off. I looked in the manual and I'm guessing from what I read there that it was probably due to the VPS being confused. Either that or the wind.

Can you confirm which it likely was? It was probably 30 feet up and there's snow on the ground. Trying the fly away mode was head height over pavement.

Thanks,
Mikeg
Problem is that these are not autopilots that I programmed but functions of the firmware that I merely trigger. Tello just does what it does.

They should start and run to their end, except if either Tello decides not to execute them for whatever reason, or you do something like press some buttons or give stick input. In that case TelloFpv sends a cancel command to Tello.
With my own Autopilots I show notifications giving the reason why they stop. I should add this for Tello's stock flight programs, too. Because right now they just stop without giving a reason.

Bottom line: It could be because of Tello deciding not to run it till the end , or because of user input (accidental, or just some erratic stick input due to an external controller). I just can't say.

I will add notifications to show why a flightprogram was cancelled. Just added to the todo list!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikeg
I have .94 installed, just when to the Playstore to upgrade to .96 and it does not ask me to Update, only Start or Uninstall.

I have .94 installed, just when to the Playstore to upgrade to .96 and it does not ask me to Update, only Start or Uninstall.

As VolaTel!o, the developer said, go to the mid screen of the app in the playstore and join the beta test, then you can download the update.

If you look at the message thread above, you'll see his directions to me.

Mikeg

So far i have only received positive feedback from afew owners of devices that did not work previously
If there are no issues reported by COB today i will promote 0.96 to become the productive version.

I stumbled over something that might help you with your Wifi troubles:
Stay connected to specific Wifi which has no internet
@volate!lo I followed your earlier suggestion and deleted (Forget) all Wifi SSIDs, put the phone in Airplane mode, re-enabled Wifi (which keeps Cellular off), and connected to Tello Wifi. As a result, I have not seen any Wifi droputs as I did before. I still get the one message that says there is no Internet but it does not reappear as long as I am connected to Tello. Thank you.

Reactions: volate!lo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wroxel