Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

[QUOTE = "volate! Lo, post: 14463, członek: 4528"] po prostu przejdź do google playstore i zaktualizuj [/ QUOTE]
Give me a specivic link .

Installing the update, now my PC can see those directories too! Now I don't have to copy them or email them just to get them downloaded.

Reactions: TelloPilot2019
Still very few videos m

TelloFpv uses the DCIM directory as its reported by the phone. I think that is the best spot for the vast majority of users: every phone has it and its automatically made available to PCs not only when connected as MTP but also when PTP connection is used. So I don't want to change that.

Your phone vendor chose to report the DCIM wrong, instead of pointing to the "real DCIM" directory that the camera uses it reports the default directory on internal storage.

All I can suggest at this point is to clean up memory on the internal storage, or add your SD card storage to the internal storage: The G6 has Android 8, AFAIK so you can actually mount the external SD card as internal storage, boosting your internal storage by almost 128GB.

Re recording button: Just fixed it, will be in the next release!

Harsh sun... LOL whats that . Over here its harsh grey!

First of all, Happy New Year!

Thank you for your suggestions and detailed response. Most appreciated!
Perhaps I am not the only one with limited internal memory. Perhaps others experience similar challenges.

• I wasn't aware that vendors (esp. major ones such as LG) would point to a 'wrong DCIM directory'. I thought that was under the control of the OS (Android). I'll research that some more. Thanks for pointing this out as a potential situation.

• The small internal memory of the LG G6 (32GB) is a well-recognized limitations. Curious to learn how others solved that problem...

• I haven't come across any (photo/video/music) apps yet that would not allow me to re-direct to the SD card via a settings menu. Even the factory-supplied video/photo app prominently allows (if not outright encourages) to store straight to the SD card.

• Technically, according to some articles (e.g. Don't buy an LG G6 without a microSD card) the redirect should actually happen automatically whenever a SD card is detected (in the case of this LG phone). Am I mistaken with the following assumption that TelloFPV is possibly activily overriding such settings? I see a pop-up show up briefly indicating the output path (too brief to to screen capture, unfortunately). I guess I'll be switching to a different phone before long then... (I was also tempted by going the DJI Chrystalsky route since I'll be aiming for Mavic Air sooner or later anyway, but DJI doesn't allow paid Google apps to be installed. APKs, if released by the vendor, can be installed however. But, I understand that this won't be an option due to licensing challenges, etc, etc.)

• Thanks for the UI upgrade regarding a more visible notification while video is recording! Excited to see this and the many other upcoming updates as noted in the various threads on here. Really appreciate the massive effort put in this app (I see a second Tello + TelloFPV in my near future.)

• Yes, my daughter and I had a great day testing her Tello while it was nice and sunny outside... now the year is being closed out with a lot of rain here along much of the US East Coast... oh well... Happy New Year!

Has anyone successfully used the customized Gamesir T1d controller sold by DJI to be used only be used with Tello using an OTG cable with this program? I am using a Galaxy S5 for a phone

First of all, Happy New Year!

Thank you for your suggestions and detailed response. Most appreciated!
Perhaps I am not the only one with limited internal memory. Perhaps others experience similar challenges.

• I wasn't aware that vendors (esp. major ones such as LG) would point to a 'wrong DCIM directory'. I thought that was under the control of the OS (Android). I'll research that some more. Thanks for pointing this out as a potential situation.

• The small internal memory of the LG G6 (32GB) is a well-recognized limitations. Curious to learn how others solved that problem...

• I haven't come across any (photo/video/music) apps yet that would not allow me to re-direct to the SD card via a settings menu. Even the factory-supplied video/photo app prominently allows (if not outright encourages) to store straight to the SD card.

• Technically, according to some articles (e.g. Don't buy an LG G6 without a microSD card) the redirect should actually happen automatically whenever a SD card is detected (in the case of this LG phone). Am I mistaken with the following assumption that TelloFPV is possibly activily overriding such settings? I see a pop-up show up briefly indicating the output path (too brief to to screen capture, unfortunately). I guess I'll be switching to a different phone before long then... (I was also tempted by going the DJI Chrystalsky route since I'll be aiming for Mavic Air sooner or later anyway, but DJI doesn't allow paid Google apps to be installed. APKs, if released by the vendor, can be installed however. But, I understand that this won't be an option due to licensing challenges, etc, etc.)

• Thanks for the UI upgrade regarding a more visible notification while video is recording! Excited to see this and the many other upcoming updates as noted in the various threads on here. Really appreciate the massive effort put in this app (I see a second Tello + TelloFPV in my near future.)

• Yes, my daughter and I had a great day testing her Tello while it was nice and sunny outside... now the year is being closed out with a lot of rain here along much of the US East Coast... oh well... Happy New Year!

TelloFpv does not override any setting, in fact it does not use a fixed hardcoded directory but query the Android OS for the DCIM directory the system uses. Whatever directory Android (or the vendor) returns is used to store the data. It seems that LG returns the default onboard DCIM directory instead of the camera DCIM directory so TelloFpv just uses the onboard one. BTW: I have not yet come across any Tello app that allows you to change it's storage directory. Tello just does not produce huge amounts of data compared with the other app types you listed so this is not a real issue for most users.
But I understand your point, I will look into this after the VR release.

This one made me laugh: The small internal memory of the LG G6 (32GB) is a well-recognized limitations.
I'm on a 8GB S4 mini for daily use :) No problem since recent Android versions allow to seamlessly integrate SD card into the internal memory.

I hope so. ;) I also be interested by this function. The smile of the shorties should be enough motivation. :D(y)

you got me with this one.

Will be in the next release. But I won't do GUI buttons for this, only functions for each type of flip that you can map to controller buttons, and only for the main directions left/right/forward/backward.
Still not convinced its a good thing to have but ok :confused: :unsure:

Reactions: Griffen and MrSpok
Installing the update, now my PC can see those directories too! Now I don't have to copy them or email them just to get them downloaded.
Connection to PC has always been a bit weird for me. Somehow android seems to cache too much information, so new files / directories don't always show up, and removed files are still listed. Only way to be sure is to use a file manager app on the device itself.

But I won't do GUI buttons for this, only functions for each type of flip that you can map to controller buttons, and only for the main directions left/right/forward/backward.

That's really OK. (y)
The 8D-Flips are a bit overdone. There won't be a different for the kiddies.
And in most of all flights I use a controller.
So that's OK for me.

Which is fine with me. The flip is cute but not necessary.

I like the clean, straightforward , no-nonsense GUI of TelloFPV...
(y)

That's why I won't make flips (or rate boost, rate limit, and maybe some other future functions) a prime citizen of Tello's functionality. These functions will stay somewhat hidden and only be available to those using controllers. There is just so little space on a phone screen that I can't see the point of wasting it on 8 buttons for 8-D flips.
I may think about making the buttons that appear when pressing the "..." configurable, so a user can assign functions to these buttons. Because honestly I find the original Tello flight programs useless, except the 360 which helps me to consistently make videos to identify frame drops and how my settings effect these.

Milestone #1 reached:
Today TelloFpv reached 1000+ downloads for the demo version. Not bad in 10 days! The full version is less than half of this but this was expected.

The full version has a rating of 4.9 which is excellent. The demo version is a bit behind at 4.4 mostly because of some folks expecting a free fully functional app instead of a demo / compatibility check. Also many people don't rate the demo version but the full version.

TelloFpv is now #2 in google play search results for most tello related keywords, just behind the offficial Ryze Tello App. And #1 for Tello Fpv of course!

Thank you all for your support!

Now we just need to convince one of the larger Youtube channels to do a review / tutorial.

Congratulations, not bad. :)(y)
You had a lot of efford.
And 500 full versions (paid) is also not to be despised.

One learns a lot about different mentalities around the world ...

I just received this 1* review for the Demo version:
To all the shortcomings (from the survey) it terribly slows down, the picture is worse than the original software. The interface is very small and uncomfortable - and it wants money? Author, collect Donat with suckers on popular topics - here you will not earn much ...

So its two low ratings for only ten (!) downloads of the demo version from within Russia. One 1* review of the full version that was luckily removed by google, again for just 4 downloads of the full version from Russia.
Plus several emails from these few Russian customers demanding (not politely asking for but demanding) translations, and one direct thread to downrate the full app if I don't send him a free license. Thats a ridiculous rate of trouble vs revenue.
Plus I have found a leaked APK on a Russian server.

Consequently TelloFpv will no longer be available to folks from Russia. Those who already bought the full version will continue to get updates via play store, but there will be no new purchases. Countries causing similar trouble like Poland and Czech Republic will likely follow.

These three countries amount for less than 3% of all downloads and caused almost 50% of all inquiries, many of them rude and unfriendly. I think almost every Russian "customer" sent an inquiry.

EDIT: I just checked my emails and I have actually more emails from Russian folks than total downloads from Russia for Demo & full version combined. I can also see that I have several error reports from unauthorized installations in Russia. So they are stealing my software and then complain :D :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Pastor Iuris
Not good news, but not exactly surprised to hear that... was it the Demo or Paid version?

The full paid version, but only the first that was publicly available so they are missing more recent features. Thats one reason I cut the line to Russia, to stop them from leaking newer versions.
Its one thing if someone figures out how to do this and keeps a free copy for his own use. But its a different story if they put the APK on a server for public consumption.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eliaso