Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

If it just dropped its not a problem of TelloFpv. If it flew away or descended without user input thats another story, then I would need to look into this.
But dropping is in no way associated with the app (TelloFpv or any other app). Thats just not how the apps & tello communicate & work together, there is nothing I can do to cause Tello fall from the sky. For example the app does not control the motors when landing. Instead it just sends the command "land" to Tello, and Tello decends by itself in its own pace, lands, and turns off the motors.

My first idea would be a hardware failure. Dead battery or a bad connection. If it flew OK afterwards on the same battery I'd say a bad connection. Either on the battery / connector or to one motor.
I agree and I wasn't pointing a finger at the app. Should have posted to Tello Discussions.

I agree and I wasn't pointing a finger at the app. Should have posted to Tello Discussions.
Oh, ok. I though because it was posted here you thought it was TelloFpv.

Anyway, I think its good that other readers know what TelloFpv (and other apps) do and what they don't do.

All we need now is waypoints and I can automate flying the Tello around my house! Maybe in version 2.0 :)

All we need now is waypoints and I can automate flying the Tello around my house! Maybe in version 2.0 :)
Waypoints, follow me, orbit me, etc will go into another app. Just like obstacle avoidance, 3 axis headtracking, RTH on wifi lost, RTH with battery at 0%, 4k upscaling, and the 30min flight time extender :)

Reactions: umanbean and MrSpok
And don't forget hand gestures. You can call it Spark or maybe Airy.

No. The autopilots require the data from the VPS. If VPS becomes unavailable the APs will stop and give a notification.

@volate!lo Am I correct that (at some point) you plan to add support to map all of the buttons on controllers like the PS3 Sixaxis as well as adding support for VR goggles for a true FPV experience?

VR is in the works but not progressing as fast as I hoped due to bugfix releases. My commitment was January, and that I think I will keep.
Full support for all kinds of strange/not so strange controllers will follow after that. As long as its recognized by a gamepad tester it should work.

@volate!lo Based on your earlier post, I know that you don't see any real world application of waypoints or drawing out a flight plan (at least for the Tello), but I wonder if you could give thought to a feature which would automate following the same path as a previous (or saved) flight. In other words, starting at the same point in the same orientation, have the Tello repeat what it did. This would, for example, let you fly around a space, save the flight info and then repeat it. With a button press, the Tello cold then fly from room to room, etc., assuming you did it manually and saved it. Just a thought.

@volate!lo Based on your earlier post, I know that you don't see any real world application of waypoints or drawing out a flight plan (at least for the Tello), but I wonder if you could give thought to a feature which would automate following the same path as a previous (or saved) flight. In other words, starting at the same point in the same orientation, have the Tello repeat what it did. This would, for example, let you fly around a space, save the flight info and then repeat it. With a button press, the Tello cold then fly from room to room, etc., assuming you did it manually and saved it. Just a thought.

This shares the same fate as face tracking. Its a fun experiment but would not work well enough to be useful.
Beside the problems with making sure the initial direction is _exactly_ the same _every_ time as just 5 degrees off is another crashed Tello there isan even bigger problem:
I have a really hard time to see how this would help in creating stunning videos or photos. Its just some cool trick to show a few times and thats it. This is not what I want TelloFpv to do.
Maybe I'm just an old fart with not enough sense of humor left :)

Maybe ask the developer of aTelloPilot. I'd be happy to experiment with such a feature a few times.

This shares the same fate as face tracking. Its a fun experiment but would not work well enough to be useful.
Beside the problems with making sure the initial direction is _exactly_ the same _every_ time as just 5 degrees off is another crashed Tello there is an even bigger problem:
I have a really hard time to see how this would help in creating stunning videos or photos. Its just some cool trick to show a few times and thats it. This is not what I want TelloFpv to do.
Maybe I'm just an old fart with not enough sense of humor left :)

Maybe ask the developer of aTelloPilot. I'd be happy to experiment with such a feature a few times.

BTW: I am a firm believer in waypoints and flightplans. But they need to work!

BTW: I am a firm believer in waypoints and flightplans. But they need to work!
OK, I get it. Sadly, your goal of stunning videos or photos is somewhat limited by the absence of storage for photos and video as well as the camera and the lack of a gimbal (and no, I don't expect TelloFPV to fix those deficiencies :)

Keep up the good work! You have already stretched the boundaries of the Tello beyond anything that Ryze/DJI intended.

Reactions: volate!lo
OK, I get it. Sadly, your goal of stunning videos or photos is somewhat limited by the absence of storage for photos and video as well as the camera and the lack of a gimbal (and no, I don't expect TelloFPV to fix those deficiencies :)

Keep up the good work! You have already stretched the boundaries of the Tello beyond anything that Ryze/DJI intended.

Actually I think with a wifi extender one can do nice recordings good enough for social media. Not impressive on a large screen but for mobile consumption.

And photos I am totally impressed given the size & cost of Tello - I have a 4k Dobby that isn't much better and a Bebop that is much worse.

I agree that for the money, nothing seems to come close. My biggest problem with the camera has been that when using it indoors, there is often insufficient light for a very good picture or video They tend to be noisy or not sharp.

I'm ready to buy the app, but I need to know if there is a better video management compared to other similar app (and also original one). Someone can give me an answer?

Most say its better than stock. A few disagree. But only you can decide so try the demo

There are several parameters to set up that I don't understand. Yes, I have a lack of photo-skills. ;)
So I leave all the parameters at standard. And I can't detect any difference.
If you can handle these parameters I'm sure, you can optimize your photos and videos.
For me, standard is OK. I have the copter for flying. Videos are nice, but this is not my focus.

Reactions: Clinton1
I just downloaded TelloFPV. I look at the drone like a tripod in the sky, catching views that you could not reach before. I bought to Mavic 2 Pro for photo/video. I'm happy to see that you have been working on the video section. If the weather is good, I will give it a try this Saturday. I'll be in touch.

You would like ideas? How about a 120 fps speed of video so when played back it is a smooth slow motion?

UPDATE: Never min. I think that 'firmware' has non-adjustable feature.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv