Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Android phones that work with Tello

Works - Not works?
I have tested my Tello with 5 android phones, and 2 Iphones (big family) and all was ok, but only one can record video without frame drops!!!

This is the cheapest android, Vernee M5 !!!! After I switched of the mobile data, and GPS, it can record videos almost fluently, without dropped frames. No other one can do the same....

It has only 2.4 Ghz WiFi, maybe this is the key...

(or the price? this is also 100 :) )

hello from Greece..im a new member..
i have try ,my old ,sony xperia z ultra..tello works perfect..also with xiaomi mi tab and lenovo nubia m2!!BUT with my phone Xiaomi Mi Mix...photos dont save anywhere!!what can i do?
mi mix doesnt work with SD card...maybe is this the problem???

Moto G (5+) doesn't work. (Original Posted)
Moto G (5+) Does work!
(Airplane mode!)
"Just got my Tello last week, and yeah, Nexus 6p seems to work great so far. I just assumed I would have to use airplane mode"
Thank you, JGN!

Last edited:
hello.
app version TELLO 1.2.10.4
using two devices:
motorola g2 - photo ok, but video is grayscale with magenta, green artifacts and ghosts
nexus 7 (2012, wlan) photo ok, video ok, but not great wlan connection

aTello 0.96 -app
both devices are very good useable, moto g2 better than nexus 7 because of wlan and screen size.

My Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) 7 inch table running Android 5.1.1 works perfect. Nice big screen to control the tello with.

Last edited:
Nexus 6P working pretty well. Has to be airplane mode + wifi. Sometimes is a bit fiddly to connect (restarting app, etc), but once connected works fine.
Just got my Tello last week, and yeah, Nexus 6p seems to work great so far. I just assumed I would have to use airplane mode, as that was the case with a SkyViper drone I have. Ordered the Gamesir T1d bluetooth controller, so we'll see if I can get my 6p to cooperate when that arrives.

Motorola 3g, did not get picture originally, after updating the firmware with tablet works fine. (could have probably updated with the phone, too, i just wanted to test both, before and updated it on the tablet) did originally connect fine and acted like everything was fine, just no image from the camera.

Samsung tab A 10 inch (2016) works fine.

Last edited:
Honnor 6+ report
Video frame skipping even with Mi repeater 2, BT off and Aeroplane mode on.
Photo good .

Google Pixel 2 XL - Working fine, some drops, better with airplane mode.

Normal range, much better using Wifi Extender.

Google Pixel 2 XL - Working fine, some drops, better with airplane mode.

Normal range, much better using Wifi Extender.
How is the video (frame skipping) using the remote compared to just the phone? As I mentioned, I have serious frame skipping issues using the remote with my Nexus 6p. Going to try a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro tablet (with the remote) tomorrow, and hopefully my wife's iPhone to compare. I'll feel much better if it's just a performance issue specific to my phone. My Nexus 6p is still in great shape, and I'm in no hurry to replace it, but it would still be good to know if it's the main problem.

Works - Not works?
I have tested my Tello with 5 android phones, and 2 Iphones (big family) and all was ok, but only one can record video without frame drops!!!

This is the cheapest android, Vernee M5 !!!! After I switched of the mobile data, and GPS, it can record videos almost fluently, without dropped frames. No other one can do the same....

It has only 2.4 Ghz WiFi, maybe this is the key...

(or the price? this is also 100 :) )

Yeah, it’s cheap but very nice for its price.

Hi guys, I have a Huawei p 20 and I have not found any problems, everything works perfectly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv