Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Hi, if you have the same google account checked in the android settings on your 2 phones, you should not have to pay again.
is atellopilots appear in your play store library (play store > my applications > library) on the second phone ?
OK, I did not have them both on the same account. Got both on the same account, installed the APP on the other phone, now on that phone I can not take off, the takeoff button does not work.

Hi @mec9900 , is there à message on the screen when you try to take off ? is the tello battery full loaded ? if the first phone is close to the tello, did you put off tello wifi auto connexion on it ? Do you use screen button or controller ?

Last edited:
Hi @mec9900 , is there à message on the screen when you try to take off ? is the tello battery full loaded ? if the first phone is close to the tello, did you put off tello wifi auto connexion on it ? Do you use screen button or controller ?
First off, thanks to everyone who has offered their help, I don't always acknowledge it but it is welcome. I think I have it figured out, but have been helping a friend work on his semi. I will post when I have tried it out.

Woopee, it finally works. I just did some testing with my Gamesir G3s with OTG cable and everything seems to work as it should. The only problem I had was my phone kept popping up a message that I could not connect to the internet over this connection. Every time that popped up, I had no control of the Tello until I cleared the message. I also have a Yuneec Breeze with a Gamesir G3 controller, I am sure it will work also.

Hi, quick feedback: I'm using Android Oreo 8.1 stock on my Moto Z3 Play.

It says it connected to Tello, but the image don't come up and I can't take off unless I put on flight mode.
Otherwise, it's working flawless.

Thanks to aTelloPilot app I have overcome the challenge of reaching 400 range flying my beloved Tello. See here:

400 meters range test and some advices

I made the flight entirely in VR mode, using my cell adapted Quanum FPV googles and wired Gamesir t1
controller.

Tello full screen Goggles for VR (Virtual Reality) or FPV (First Person View)

See me from the air:

tello quanum and gamesir detail.jpg

Using VR googles avoid direct sun glares over cell screen. Despite the nerves I enjoyed flight.

aTelloPilot app helped me a lot. On-screen telemetry information for distance, altitude, speed and turning angle becomes vital information for long range flights.

@bluejune
I miss RTH button when using Gamesir controller. Could you add it ? Even better, would be possible to get PROGRAMMABLE FUNCTION buttons in the controller, at least at USER4 button.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi I bought the app. I like it but you can improve the key fly, (joystic)?
The drone fly alone and not stand on with the app
With original app it stand by Nd not move

Last edited:
I purchased this the other day and briefly tried it out. So far, so good! Looks to be a promising project.

Hi,

aTelloPilot V0.5.1 released in play store just now.
This version just fixes below issues

Version 0.5.1 hot fix release
  • flight menu enablement bug fix (permissions on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) fix)
  • volume button bug fix
  • Oh, I was confused with "Video Processing" problem.
    Actually I found a bug:cry: not enabling the flight menu with Android 5.
    I'll update bug patched release soon (in 24 hours)
    Sorry for inconvenience.

• other reported minor bugs fix

Thanks for all folks reporting the issues.

Bluejune, new version working fine with Samsung Galaxy 4 (Activate model) but notice that when the Photo camera Icon is shown on the screen and one clicks or touches the Shutter button, the audio message says we are taking a video and it actually does take a video, and when the Video icon is on the screen and one touches the shutter the audio message says Photo or Picture taken, and yes it is a photo and not a video.
I checked the stored files and yes the audio messages are correct but the icons are backwards.
Thank you for a great product

Bluejune, new version working fine with Samsung Galaxy 4 (Activate model) but notice that when the Photo camera Icon is shown on the screen and one clicks or touches the Shutter button, the audio message says we are taking a video and it actually does take a video, and when the Video icon is on the screen and one touches the shutter the audio message says Photo or Picture taken, and yes it is a photo and not a video.
I checked the stored files and yes the audio messages are correct but the icons are backwards.
Thank you for a great product

This is a well know fact, see this old post:

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

That is how its intended to work, the button shows the action it will perform when you press it.

Cheers.

Sometimes is difficult for me remember Gamesir controller key assignments.

I drew this tinny schema using images from aTelloPilot wiki page:

View attachment 1711

I hope it helps.
Hi, thank you. It is possible too to use directly the right stick for take picture / video. Just push it (working on my T1S). I didn't test the left one but it is supposed to switch video/ photo mode.

Hi, thank you. It is possible too to use directly the right stick for take picture / video. Just push it (working on my T1S). I didn't test the left one but it is supposed to switch video/ photo mode.

You are right. It works that way on my USB OTG wired Gamesir T1 controller. Pushing right stick take picture /video and pushing left one switch mode video / photo.

By the way, lately I noticed aTelloPilot app photo mode hanged after switching from video mode and taking some photos. Controller sticks still alive but photo button neverending blinks and you can't shoot photos anymore until landing.

Sometimes it happend to me after taking a dozen of photos and other times only after a couple of them.

It's very annoying. Has it happened to someone else ?

Reactions: CamFlyer
You are right. It works that way on my USB OTG wired Gamesir T1 controller. Pushing right stick take picture /video and pushing left one switch mode video / photo.

By the way, lately I noticed aTelloPilot app photo mode hanged after switching from video mode and taking some photos. Controller sticks still alive but photo button neverending blinks and you can't shoot photos anymore until landing.

Sometimes it happend to me after taking a dozen of photos and other times only after a couple of them.

It's very annoying. Has it happened to someone else ?
i have the sMe problem me too. Others?

Reactions: raulvolador
ATelloPilot Taking photo issue

@bluejune

I performed some test about taking photo issue.

I realized during short range flights with strong WIFI Signal tello can take photos right and quickly. Annoying Taking photo issue only occurs during long range flights with only a few WIFI Signal bars. A single shot can take Up to 10 seconds and eventually It never ends. Shoot Button stays blinking forever and no chance to switch to video Mode anymore.

atellopilot taking photo issue.jpg

Only workaround i found is exiting ATelloPilot app and quickly re-enter app. Doing this while Tello is hovering far away out of control is an a very unpleasant experience.

I Hope bluejune fix It in future updates.

Raul

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv