Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

2nd test from me :
  • using airplane mode on my smartphone, video no more lag or artifacts.
  • using PS3 controller via USB OTG to smartphone, works well.

I hope for the next updates :
  • the face tracking can be rotates, not only follow left and right.
  • please adding headless mode feature (the onboard flight computer always aligns the drone movements to be relative to the controller. So it does not matter which way the drone forward direction is pointing. When you push forward, the drone moves forward relative to your direction, not the heading of the drone).

and please make some video tutorial how to using flight route

My impression for this app is SUPER GOOD :cool:

thanks.
Thank you for your feedback.
Good to know PS3 controller is working.
All usb/bt game controllers should work theoretically :)

yes.. face tracking should be improved.
but it is hard to find a way to detect rotation with face image.
so I think mixing head tracking and face tracking may be a solution.

I already implemented headless mode and it will be available in the next version.

and I also prepare some videos about the new features.
I'll update manual and videos in this wiki page
I'll appreciate if you give me feedback about the wiki.

I hope that a follow me function will be aviable in the upcoming Version too???

I found out that the vision libary dosnt Work on my Phones. There is no Image to Click/choose like in your examples.
How zu fix it???

Last edited:
I hope that a follow me function will be aviable in the upcoming Version too???

I found out that the vision libary dosnt Work on my Phones. There is no Image to Click/choose like in your examples.
How zu fix it???

Thanks for your feedback.

Actually I think it is hard to implement follow me function without GPS.
As you know Tello doesn't have a GPS module.
With camera only I think active-track feature in DJI Mavic Pro needs to be implemented.
I need to study how to integrate object detection / tracking with OpenCV on Android :unsure:

About vision library issue,
Refer to "7.Face Detection library checking" in this Wiki

Reactions: clay347
Thank you for your feedback.
Good to know PS3 controller is working.
All usb/bt game controllers should work theoretically :)

yes.. face tracking should be improved.
but it is hard to find a way to detect rotation with face image.
so I think mixing head tracking and face tracking may be a solution.

I already implemented headless mode and it will be available in the next version.

and I also prepare some videos about the new features.
I'll update manual and videos in this wiki page
I'll appreciate if you give me feedback about the wiki.

yes you are correct, face tracking + head tracking, i think that was the perfect solution.

did you mean your next feature "head free" = "headless mode" ?
if it yes, then I'm gonna waiting the update with smile face ?

thanks.

Reactions: handersonluiz
Hi. Thanks for this impressive app. I am looking forward to the next version(s). Unfortunately I cannot get face tracking to work. Whenever I click on the “Click to check“ button in the settings, I get “Error downloading!!!“. How is this supposed to work? Do I need a specific Android version for this? I only have mobile data, no wifi at the moment, can this be a problem?

Thanks,
Zapp.

Hi. Thanks for this impressive app. I am looking forward to the next version(s). Unfortunately I cannot get face tracking to work. Whenever I click on the “Click to check“ button in the settings, I get “Error downloading!!!“. How is this supposed to work? Do I need a specific Android version for this? I only have mobile data, no wifi at the moment, can this be a problem?

Thanks,
Zapp.

About vision library issue,
Refer to "7.Face Detection library checking" in this Wiki

app still crash (S6 edge android 8.1) Are you have any ideas what to do?

aTelloPilot videos updated
  • face tracking
  • head tracking
  • route and position tracking
  • head free (available from V0.2 release)

aTelloPilot wiki page is here

My friend, in his video "route and position tracking" I see that he draws a path on the screen, would it be possible a new function for him to repeat this path drawn by X times, considering flights up and down as well as loop?
Your app is sensational I can not wait for my Tello to arrive.

Reactions: ajp_truth
Its to bad, the updated Version 0.2 works not on my Phones. Even still not on my HTC u11. Actually the Video Transmission and the recorded Video are even more with artifactes. The live View has a lag of 3 seconds now.

Face Tracking still not Working in both my Phones. The Google libary seems still not Working for me. Tryed to fix it via Play Service, but still the same.

Target point seems to Work a bit. But it drifts several Meters to the Left and/or to the right, just from point of view.

Head Tracking Works a bit too now. Only to the left and right, foreward backward not working. And oh drifts several Meters too.

On my LG X Power it crashes sometimes.

Last edited:
man, you are awesome !!!
i have an idea from my friend, how about adding photo camera timer for selfie ?

keep on good work,
thanks.

He comprado la aplicación y en general va por buen camino espero siga trabajando en ella espero ansiosamente el seguimiento de objetos seria algo excelente como también perfeccionar el vídeo. vas por buen camino.

Reactions: Saucedopr
Hello,
it is not a "vital" thing, but if you can, in the next release you could foresee the arming procedure (left stick in the lower right corner and right stick in the lower left corner - as per the original app) ??? :);)

Thanks in advance

AD MAIORA

P.S. ... first try with the 0.2 and the video artifacts have been reduced a lot ... follows other experiments ...

Hi, App cant find wifi... What's the trouble? Tks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180725-213530.jpg
    Screenshot_20180725-213530.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20180725-213520.jpg
    Screenshot_20180725-213520.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 13
LG X Power
HTC u11
De- and reinstalled on both Phones.

Video Transmission on HTC is terrible. Half the screen is green. Video Delay is about 3 seconds. So I cant try no other features.

On LG X Power the Video Delay is about 2 seconds. Without artifacts. Target point seems to Work better than before, but it still drifts away.
Face Tracking seems to Work better than before too. But still drifting several meters.
Means it ends up in a tree today.
So now I have to find a way to reach it, but its to high to Climb by myself on the tree.
If I get it back I will Test the other features.

Dear Bluejune,
I've bought your app and I'm unable to work with it.
1.- I've a Game Tesir controles and it is not detected by the app, in fact the app just detect the devices that are unpaired and i've the controler already paired, could you helpme with that?
2- I've a huawei P20Lite and have no video even with the wifi connected to Tello. Any support tip?
Thanks for your kind cooperation.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv