Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

So I get the point of the GPS inaccuracy. But for the "follow a face" that you implemented you use the images itself or is the face detection provided by tello itself?

Also for SLAM you will need some image processing aswell.
The image features I think are provided by librarys such as openCV I believe.
face tracking uses the image itself.. Tello doesn't provide anything about the image processing.
As I specified in S/W license of application history, I used Google mobile vision library for face tracking.

Hello @bluejune,

Sorry asking you that question again, but i see in the lasts posts that lot of people have interest for that too :)

Did you try the combined wifi/gps/cell networks/accelerometer/gyroscope code for have better location ?

Here is a link for android java code which seems to do that :
Android GPS, Location Manager Tutorial

Github link:
ravi8x/AndroidLocation

Big thank you for your developpments !!!
Thanks for your advice.
Yes, I am still testing fused location API to see it can be used for "follow me" mode.

Reactions: spamaro
Hello my friend, I finally got my Tello in my hands to fly.
I've used your app for testing a few times, but I'm still learning Vaor.

Another idea that I found interesting and I believe that it is of "easy" implementation for you, would be to use the accelerometer of the smartphone for the Tello follow the pilot.
For example: I position Tello at a height and distance and I activate a button that makes Tello follow me using the information of the accelerometer of the smartphone, considering up, down, forward, back, left and right.
I believe that I could even use the GPS information to know how much the Tello should advance the retreat in relation to the pilot.

Sorry for the various requests but the ideas are coming up in my head but I do not have the ability to develop something.
Thanks for your opinion.
I am still finding the best way to implement "follow me" mode as you see in this thread. :unsure:

Hi, I bought this app for the face tracking feature and got some problems.

Face tracking button(icon) is missing when I switch off the Video Processing option under the etc settings but I can see video feed from the drone.
When I switch on the Video Processing option, Face Tracking button shows up but I couldn't receive video feed anymore. I tried a few times already.
The flying and controls are all ok for both scenarios.

Basically, I couldn't use the face tracking. Is there a solution for me or will have to wait for your updates?
What does the Video Processing do? I couldn't find more info in the help guide.
I'm on android version 7, custom OS(Flyme).

Thanks.

Hi, I bought this app for the face tracking feature and got some problems.

Face tracking button(icon) is missing when I switch off the Video Processing option under the etc settings but I can see video feed from the drone.
When I switch on the Video Processing option, Face Tracking button shows up but I couldn't receive video feed anymore. I tried a few times already.
The flying and controls are all ok for both scenarios.

Basically, I couldn't use the face tracking. Is there a solution for me or will have to wait for your updates?
What does the Video Processing do? I couldn't find more info in the help guide.
I'm on android version 7, custom OS(Flyme).

Thanks.
"Video Processing" option is necessary for face tracking.. Please find the 0.3 version history in the app.
If the video is not seen even though "Video Processing" is on, your device doesn't support a feature required by aTelloPilot.
Actually the app uses standard Android API but some devices doesn't support the feature.

Last edited:
"Video Processing" option is necessary for face tracking.. Please find the 0.3 version history in the app.
If the video is not seen even though "Video Processing" is on, your device doesn't support a feature required by aTelloPilot.
Actually the app uses standard Android API but some devices doesn't support the feature.

I just install version 0.4, but I couldn't find the 0.3 version on google play. My phone does not have an option to uninstall updates.
Do you have a solution for me to get back 0.3 to test?

Thanks.

I just install version 0.4, but I couldn't find the 0.3 version on google play. My phone does not have an option to uninstall updates.
Do you have a solution for me to get back 0.3 to test?

Thanks.
No.. I meant the option is available from 0.3 version.
Please check the setting in aTelloPilot.

Hi,

I bougt this app. After a week of daily use I can say: This is the BEST app for your Tello drone. Far beyond official app. It solved dropped video frames into my four years old low tier Samsung Galaxy A3 (SMA300-FU model). Works great with xiaomi repeater too. You can fly 100 meters away and 30 meters high with fluent video.

And the best is that it adds exciting features, as mapping track, waypoint navigation and Return To Home (RTH).

I can`t undersand how programmers have achieved it without a GPS unit.

Now my Tello is an incredible flying machine.

Cheers

Raul

Hi,
Here is few requests for a next version (sorry if it has ever been asked)

- Allow FPV mode like in the official app
- Allow directory choice for medias storage (SD card)
- Édit: record mic phone source with video.
- Allow acro mode flight (if it can be from the application and not in firmware)
- Add the possibility to take stereo pictures (on pic for left eye, small laterral move, on pic for right eye)
- Picture follow me (follow symbol which would be defined by the app; like face tracking but with symbol. Like circle for exemple, if image traitment is easier with circle)
- Add possibility to make 360° pictures

Hope it will help to find great ideas for that application !! :)

Thanks !

Last edited:
Reactions: Splicer
I loves your app. You are doing a great job.

Please, take note of my request for future improvements:

- Flight Route increasing zoom: Maximun grid size is about 10 meters away. Could you enlarge the grid size ? That way I could watch whole flight track on far flights.

- Flight Route screen centering on each landing: I land many times in the same point during one battery or flight session. Sometimes start and end points don't match. I understand this is due innacuracy on Tello Video Positioning and is not your fault, but I would like to get Initial Position reseted each time I land.

Thanks a lot and keep working. You app is the best.

Raul.

I'm using the app and it's great so far. I have tested my new phone with it and it works: Moto Z3 Gamepad edition. The analogical joysticks works without any mods at all!

I'm enjoying the features and trying to fly it more now.

Attachments

• Z3Gamepad.jpg
    Z3Gamepad.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: bluejune and Cyke
I tought of 2 things to add if possible.

Allow setting how far back the drone would move when doing up and away.

Allow setting the circle size when doing circle.

Quick question:
Can we turn off auto landing ?

I buy before receiving tello and I do not regret it.
Well I'm using atello to control my tello..
If I'm going to purchase my habit... check the other users comments 1st....
So far atello pilot still needs more updates to work fluently....

Atello the one I'm using now....needs More updates too...but its free... Screenshot_2018-08-13-16-35-26-1009066864.pngand work perfectly to my needs...

Reactions: handersonluiz
Well I'm using atello to control my tello..
If I'm going to purchase my habit... check the other users comments 1st....
So far atello pilot still needs more updates to work fluently....

Atello the one I'm using now....needs More updates too...but its free... View attachment 1089and work perfectly to my needs...
I paid for this and would pay for Atello without problems, just to encourage the developer, they are always helping and interacting by solving or implementing new features.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vagabundus