Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

aTelloPilot V0.5 released

• route grid scale increase

Hi, @bluejune

I've tried the grid expansion added in V5. I am a little disappointed because you have only increased grid to get distances of 9 or 18 meters depending on horizontal / vertical address

It is not enough for a long distance flight. I have managed to reach 350 meters and I have read 500 meter records.

Can you increase the grid to those values?

Raul.

atellopilot grid v5.jpg

@bluejune yes the official Tello App is running with the device and also the aTello app by Krag. This is the device i'm using Sony Xperia Z1 - Full phone specifications (running 5.1 Lollipop)

I've done everything followed every step on how to connect, even factory reset the device but still i can't fly my Tello using your app.

The airplane icon is forever in gray as seen in my attached picture.
Oh, I was confused with "Video Processing" problem.
Actually I found a bug:cry: not enabling the flight menu with Android 5.
I'll update bug patched release soon (in 24 hours)
Sorry for inconvenience.

Reactions: amletka
is there any way to fully disable altitude check? I want to thrill 50mt of altitude....

Oh, I was confused with "Video Processing" problem.
Actually I found a bug:cry: not enabling the flight menu with Android 5.
I'll update bug patched release soon (in 24 hours)
Sorry for inconvenience.

:eek: Your reply made my day! Thanks man! looking forward for this update. :love:(y)(y)

See that Android 5 users? this is what we've been waiting for! Cheers! :cool:

@bluejune can I also request for a 5 to 10 second timer in taking selfie still shots in camera mode? Putting down or not holding the phone/controller in personal still shots looks more professional :cool:

Thanks!

Reactions: ElSorro and brick72
Hello @bluejune,
Would be possible to add emergency command to stop the tello props ?
Have we to activate log file generation to explain problem we can have (like drift) ?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: adrianb
Hello @bluejune,
Would be possible to add emergency command to stop the tello props ?
Have we to activate log file generation to explain problem we can have (like drift) ?
Thank you.

@bluejune Drifting with wind should be easy to detect by software because tello reaches a speed like 2m/s while the user did not touch the controls. I think in this situation Tello should try to Land for 5 seconds, just to escape the wind gust and lower its position, when triggered by this event of passive horizontal speed.

Software could make this drone even more awesome.

The developer should allow even for donations link like in app purchases. I would gladly pay extra for this safety feature, instead of having to deal with a lost drone.

Hi,

aTelloPilot V0.5.1 released in play store just now.
This version just fixes below issues

Version 0.5.1 hot fix release
  • flight menu enablement bug fix (permissions on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) fix)
  • volume button bug fix
  • other reported minor bugs fix

Thanks for all folks reporting the issues.

What Gamesir model ?

If you are talking about Gamesir T1d I'm pretty sure it doesn´t work when wired throught USB-OTG cable, however it works right using Bluetooth.

Raul.
Hello,
I have a Gamesir 1td, bluetooth the picture is genuinely horrible with pixels and dropouts. In the original app, the image via Bluetooth is stable and almost without dropouts. Just I have a Otg connected and the appropriate usb cable to do so. Look there, the video image is more stable hm ... if it should be so, I do not know. In any case, it seems to work.

Hi,

• volume button bug fix

Hi,

• volume button bug fix

Hi bluejune
A big thank you to you, I knew you were going to solve this compatibility problem with android version 5 and 5.1 lollipop.
1000 times thanks from me and from all the members who were in trouble.
and to further improvement and other option in the future days.

Best Regard
Sam

Hi bluejune,
Thank you for this software.
I just tried the new version 0.5.1, but it still does not work on android 5.0.1.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I installed on Samsung Galaxy S4.

Regards,
Pat.

Dear BlueJune,
I tried 4 Batteries to check the drifting Problem again. But it comes not even 1 Time.

Actually I tried the updated Version, and I have some questions:
If I hit Face Tracking, it Works up/down and backwards. Nur no forward(in my direction). But I have seen Another Button appers which enable the "Circle me Face Tracking". It Works so pretty Perfect. I dont know how much Work it was to you, but it is AWESOME!!!!!
But the waypoint/Target Thing dosnt Work. Oh flys - like before - in a direction which tello likes. But in no Way in a direction I like.
Is it possible to Change the Cam Icon to Video Icon? Because if One choose the Video Icon it took a picture. If you choose Cam Icon, it Records Video. Its a bit confusing.
Is it possible to make a VR Option to use the App with Goggles?

Thank you for Making this Great App!!!

Reactions: spamaro and adrianb
Hi bluejune,
Thank you for this software.
I just tried the new version 0.5.1, but it still does not work on android 5.0.1.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:
I installed on Samsung Galaxy S4.

Regards,
Pat.
What's the version of your device?
You mean flight menu is not still enabled?

Yes,
my android version is: 5.0.1
the flight menu remains gray and does not activate.
(I am French, sorry for the translation)

Yes,
my android version is: 5.0.1
the flight menu remains gray and does not activate.
(I am French, sorry for the translation)
Are you sure you did below things?

1. Tello drone is registered or auto connection is disabled in the aTelloPilot settings?
2. all permissions are granted?

Grrrr, I just did the test with the drone on, and it's perfect!
I had not powered up the drone, I'm bad!
Sorry to have bored you.
And thank you for your software, good luck for the devellopement.

Dear BlueJune,
I tried 4 Batteries to check the drifting Problem again. But it comes not even 1 Time.

Actually I tried the updated Version, and I have some questions:
If I hit Face Tracking, it Works up/down and backwards. Nur no forward(in my direction). But I have seen Another Button appers which enable the "Circle me Face Tracking". It Works so pretty Perfect. I dont know how much Work it was to you, but it is AWESOME!!!!!
But the waypoint/Target Thing dosnt Work. Oh flys - like before - in a direction which tello likes. But in no Way in a direction I like.
Is it possible to Change the Cam Icon to Video Icon? Because if One choose the Video Icon it took a picture. If you choose Cam Icon, it Records Video. Its a bit confusing.
Is it possible to make a VR Option to use the App with Goggles?

Thank you for Making this Great App!!!
Hi,
i just red in another thread that an app (beta version) supports VR mode with tello :
DroneVR App adds support for the Tello (beta)

I didn't try it yet but the screen shoots seem interesting: the VR screen can be adjusted, and RC controllers can be used.. Maybe it can give ideas for next releases ;)

Last edited:
Hi,
i just red in another thread that an app (beta version) supports VR mode with tello :
DroneVR App adds support for the Tello (beta)

I didn't try it yet but the screen shoots seem interesting: the VR screen can be adjusted, and RC controllers can be used.. Maybe it can give ideas for next releases ;)

Yes, I know it. But I cant use it.
They say you can Connect via otg, but how you put otg in a Goggle? Its Technical not possible. You Need to Connect via BT. And we all know what happens if we use BT Controller.
To make Tello VR, you NEED to do it with a Second Screen/Phone.
One Phone as Controller, the Second for video.
But until yet its not possible to use the Tello with 2 Phones. (As far as I know...)
But this is necessary for tello Users.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv