Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

WARNING:
Please wait to buy a controller until the controller manufacturers update the controller software.
Do your homework first! Most if not all of them are not currently working.

If you know of a working controller please post the model, software versions, and Android or iOS.

I am currently flying with a Steelseries Nimbus and it works great. Very precise flight. One thing to note: it does not come with a device bracket. You will have to purchase one separately. The are lots to choose from online.

I am currently flying with a Steelseries Nimbus controller and it works great and was very easy to set up. Extremely precise control. One thing to note, the controller doesn’t come with a device bracket. However there are lots to choose from on line.

Reactions: malikdixon55
on android i am using my ps4 controller on bluetooth with the keyboard app "octopus" as an onscreen game keyboard, no noticeable lag (no more than usual at faster speeds). way easier to control the drone

It works with a PS4 controller ??? How do you connect both ? Is it working for iOS ? I have an iPhone 7 Plus ! Thks

It works with a PS4 controller ??? How do you connect both ? Is it working for iOS ? I have an iPhone 7 Plus ! Thks
the Ps4 controller is bluetooth , the Tello is wifi:. with the controller off hold the ( share ) and ( ps ) buttons for a few seconds, the back light will flash repeatedly after it enters pairing mode. then connect it to your phone. there may be an app similar to octopus on ios but im not certain . any kind of assignable external keyboard app should work ( one for gaming is best ) .

the Ps4 controller is bluetooth , the Tello is wifi:. with the controller off hold the ( share ) and ( ps ) buttons for a few seconds, the back light will flash repeatedly after it enters pairing mode. then connect it to your phone. there may be an app similar to octopus on ios but im not certain . any kind of assignable external keyboard app should work ( one for gaming is best ) .
Thanks ! Will test this !

Reactions: spannerman
Tello IOS App 1.1.6 for IPhone and IPad was launched yesterday. Good thing is my 2 Tello now connected with my GameSir T1s controller. Just need to go to Bluetooth Controller Settings to connect the Gamesir Controller. Btw, my Tello Firmware is still on 01.03.01.03 with no update yet. I've been using the Nimbus Controller on my IPhone X and IPad Pro 9.7" for about 1 month.

Reactions: Jwflyer
Thanks will try when I get a chance next week. I would still prefer to use my crystal sky which does work well except display is only in black and white, though stills are recorded in colour.

Reactions: Vitto
Anyone had success with PS3 controller? I've tried connecting my Xbox one and PS3 controller through Bluetooth settings but neither have worked. I'm going to try it with octopus app next.

Thanks you guys and Octopus works great for my bluetooth gamepad iPega9021!
There are still some video frame drops but not worse than with the phone directly.
How stupid, as I am already using Octopus+iPega9021 for PUBG mobile, but totally forgot that I can use it for the tello app as well. Saved $30(y)

BTW: The position of Octopus has to be a little left in my S8+ as in the picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180428-124352_Octopus.jpg
    Screenshot_20180428-124352_Octopus.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: lkolisko

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv