Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

Can anyone else confirm this? I want a controller where I can play games and fly the drone. It seems the T1D is only for the drone and the T1S is for games.

Well, if your phone's android, I believe you can try flying tello with any android bluetooth controller with the help of Octopus app. Reported working android bluetooth controller that i know of are:
mad catz c.t.r.l.r, ipega 9021, gamesir t1s

Under the latest IOS Tello App 1.1.6, the GameSir T1s should connect with the IPhone and IPad. I'm using an IPhone X and IPad Pro 9.7".

Attachments

• IMG_2433.PNG
    IMG_2433.PNG
    205.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2434.PNG
    IMG_2434.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 68
Is anyone else concerned at all with the sheer amount of Android Permissions that Octopus wants? It's ridiculous to be honest...

I ended up buying the Steelseries Nimbus and it connected and worked with the iPhone with no problems. I can also use it to play MFI enabled games on it.

Anyone had success with PS3 controller? I've tried connecting my Xbox one and PS3 controller through Bluetooth settings but neither have worked. I'm going to try it with octopus app next.

And did you have any luck?

Reactions: Gh0st14747 and 80HD
Using the Octopus App, i got the gameview controller for Samsung note 8 I have to work for the thumb sticks. With curved screen and locations of the onscreen buttons, it’s a little tougher to get them mapped.

To people using Android phones and Gamesir controllers: do any of the controllers work with via OTG instead of Bluetooth? Thanks.

To people using Android phones and Gamesir controllers: do any of the controllers work with via OTG instead of Bluetooth? Thanks.
Yes, Gamesir T1s works via OTG, but not with the stock app. You have to use aTello, which can be found here in the forum. Imho, it is a lot better, having virtually no lag in the FPV video and in the controls.

Reactions: Clinton1
Good morning.

I received the Gamesir T1d, this week. After a bit of trouble, following the instructions to a tee, it connected. I had all the funtions of the controller. I thought, great! Finally, a controller that works with Tello and my Android Phone (Galaxy S8).
Not so quick.
As I went to take off, I lost the visual feed to the phone, and all the other displayed data stopped working. The controller still worked. All the functions were operational. Just no video feed.
I tried everything, including uninstalling the Tello app and reinstalling. Game for the T1d update.
I continued to try, at least 10 more times. Same thing exery time.
I'm perplexed.
There are no issues flying when using the phone as the controller. Everything works. It's just when I connect the T1d.
I prefer to fly with the controller. It seems, to me, I have more contol and it easier to fly.
I have been flying DJI product since the P-2 first came out. I have and fly a P-3, Mavic Pro, Spark and Mavic Air regularly. Very few issues with the other products. I like flying and learning with the different drones and thought, and still hope, the Tello would be a neat little thing to play with. I enjoy flying it in smaller areas (family room) that the other products are just not practical for.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone have a fix or a suggestion?
Thanks in advance for any help and enjoy flying this liitle thing. It is really quite an amazing little thing for the money.

Good luck, I hope you figure this out. Don't suppose airplane mode does anything?

I use iPad + iPhone coupled with Gamesir T1s. I had first some difficulties to pairing until I learn that for iOS, I have to press Y key as I turn the Gamesir on !
Now no more problems. All works smoothly. There is a little time lag but I'm used to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv