Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

I used the Tello when I first got it with Samsung S5 & it was fun. Then I got the T1d & it was even more fun. If there was lag, I didn't notice. Now I'm using Tello & T1d with the Wunderphone. Works great. Highest rating on my Fun scale!
Really.... What version of android are you running.
I'm running 8.0.0 and get so much lag it's ridiculous when Bluetooth is turned on.

Really.... What version of android are you running.
I'm running 8.0.0 and get so much lag it's ridiculous when Bluetooth is turned on.
6.0.1 on the S5 if I'm reading it correctly. Not sure about the Wunderphone

6.0.1 on the S5 if I'm reading it correctly. Not sure about the Wunderphone
Thanks for the reply.... I'll see if I can downgrade the firmware on my old Xperia aqua to see if that makes a difference.
Trying to eliminate all the variables to see what works on android with Bluetooth turned on.

Thanks for the reply.... I'll see if I can downgrade the firmware on my old Xperia aqua to see if that makes a difference.
Trying to eliminate all the variables to see what works on android with Bluetooth turned on.
Are you using a wifi extender? I use mine even if I'm not using Tals app. I figure it's gotta help. Seems like it does.

Are you using a wifi extender? I use mine even if I'm not using Tals app. I figure it's gotta help. Seems like it does.
I am, since day one as the reports I read recommended one but it doesn't seem to have helped :(

GameSir G3s
iPhone 7+ IOS 11.4.1
Tello app 1.1.12
firmware 01.03.33.01

works fine.

Looks like a better deal than the T1d since this one can be used with Android / Windows / PC games as well

Moto Z
Gamepad Mod with octopus from the playstore

works perfectly with the drone it emulates a compatible controller.

Reactions: TelloMV
the Ps4 controller is bluetooth , the Tello is wifi:. with the controller off hold the ( share ) and ( ps ) buttons for a few seconds, the back light will flash repeatedly after it enters pairing mode. then connect it to your phone. there may be an app similar to octopus on ios but im not certain . any kind of assignable external keyboard app should work ( one for gaming is best ) .
Is the re latency issue with that setup??

Gamevice for iPhone 7/8/X
iPhone 8, iOS 11.3.1
Tello firmware 01.03.33.01
Tello app version1.1.12

Wired controller so no lag whatsoever, been using it for some time as a PS4 remote play device, works just as smooth with Tello

Hi all.... But with atello pilot... Witch controller is a best buy to use it with cable and skip frameless ecc ecc? T1D, T1S, FLYPAD... i'm so confused... Thx!

WARNING:
Please wait to buy a controller until the controller manufacturers update the controller software.
Do your homework first! Most if not all of them are not currently working.

If you know of a working controller please post the model, software versions, and Android or iOS.

I just got the Gamesir T1D controller, when I first used it tello was drifting like crazy... I contacted Ryze help and they suggested for me to uninstall and reinstall the app. I did that and it worked! Really like the feel of this controller, there is a slight lag when moving left and right, nothing to be concern unless you are flying in extremely tight places.

I just got the Gamesir T1D controller, when I first used it tello was drifting like crazy... I contacted Ryze help and they suggested for me to uninstall and reinstall the app. I did that and it worked! Really like the feel of this controller, there is a slight lag when moving left and right, nothing to be concern unless you are flying in extremely tight places.
Are u using it with cable or bt?

I can confirm the Ps4 controller works both with bluetooth and usb OTG using the octopus app and stock tello app. Over bluetooth theres some input lag. Using the usb is the way to go as the input is instant with no lag. I just need a device holder for my controller now.

Edited: Both ps4 gen 1 and gen 2 controllers work with OTG.

I took this picture with the tello itself using R1 as the shutter button.
1535419919088.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LELET81
Update: controller with otg cable works even better with aTello app. No need for octopus.

I can confirm the Ps4 controller works both with bluetooth and usb OTG using the octopus app and stock tello app. Over bluetooth theres some input lag. Using the usb is the way to go as the input is instant with no lag. I just need a device holder for my controller now.

BTW for usb connectivity the ps4 controller has to be the second gen model number: cuh-zct2u. The first gen controllers are bluetooth only. I play my ps4 with a usb cable for low latency :) Makes a difference but that's beside the point.

I took this picture with the tello itself using R1 as the shutter button.
View attachment 1333
Thank you! Wish more people would post which controllers work with OTG.

What phone do you have? Cannot tell if it is Android or iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv