Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

Gamesir T1s with OTG?

You will see video quality just like when using onscreen controls

And to think that I did a test range 307 meters away with the T1d Bluetooth and I got a very good video at that distance.

I enclose a link to view and download the video.
2019-06-27 09-59-39.mp4

Attachments

• E26023FCBFFC4CDC8F926ACB5B235D88.png
    E26023FCBFFC4CDC8F926ACB5B235D88.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_2019-06-28-21-12-12.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-28-21-12-12.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190314_205234.jpg
    20190314_205234.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Nice flight!
What kind of tripod and battery hub are you using? How did you make the reflector?

Nice flight!
What kind of tripod and battery hub are you using? How did you make the reflector?
Thank you! it was really exciting to bring the Tello at that distance.:cool:
My configuration is:
-Xiaomi wifi Extender 2
-KINGJOY KT-50 metal tripod
-Cellularline Freepower 5200 mAh
-Reflector made of plastic material (DVD case) coated with adhesive aluminum.

Attachments

• 41ZVUImTYoL.jpg
    41ZVUImTYoL.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 7
Some phones are better than others when it comes to separating bluetooth and wifi signals. You are lucky!

Reactions: Flydrone
an old Samsung Note 3 Neo.
always in that place the other day I received many warnings of red lightning and Wifi interference. this is why I ordered the wired T1. not always, but often there is also interference with this type of phone.

I use the Huawei p smart. 2017/18 model. It's excellent all round but yes. It seems to struggle to differentiate between wifi and bt signals. I can fly with a bt controller with no issues. Then I add the repeater and struggles with interference and lag. But you quickly adapt and now I use otg cables. The phone just had a huge android pie upgrade and I haven't tried flying yet but think I will stick to what works.

Thank you! it was really exciting to bring the Tello at that distance.:cool:
My configuration is:
-Xiaomi wifi Extender 2
-KINGJOY KT-50 metal tripod
-Cellularline Freepower 5200 mAh
-Reflector made of plastic material (DVD case) coated with adhesive aluminum.
Thanks much!

Reactions: Flydrone
Today, because of the T1s controller, I risked losing Tello! The first flights are ok, then it is disconnected or went on stand-by and the drone about 60 meters away from me out of control did not respond to T1s commands and continued to run alone. I did not panic and I disconnected the cable from my smartphone and the drone stopped hovering at about 6 meters high on a provincial road that runs along the field. Fortunately, I brought the drone back home driven by the smartphone . Now I'm back with the t1d bluetooth connection and I've never had a similar problem with this, this was my bad luck today!
honestly the improvements with or without Bluetooth were not so obvious,at least for me maybe my smartphone is able to separate bluetooth and wifi signals better than other phones. as said by VolateLo!

I leave the part of the led facing the drone. the antennas on the pcb are on that side.

Today, because of the T1s controller, I risked losing Tello! The first flights are ok, then it is disconnected or went on stand-by
Glad you got your Tello back, sorry for your troubles.

I've read in this forum about the t1s 'going to sleep' mid-flight but never experienced that with mine... probably because I just don't use it much.

I prefer the simplicity of just Tello and a phone with TelloFpv app

Maybe @raulvolador will happen by this thread, he experienced the going to sleep thing and made a thread of it

Glad you got your Tello back, sorry for your troubles.

I've read in this forum about the t1s 'going to sleep' mid-flight but never experienced that with mine... probably because I just don't use it much.

I prefer the simplicity of just Tello and a phone with TelloFpv app

Maybe @raulvolador will happen by this thread, he experienced the going to sleep thing and made a thread of it

I wanted to try tello via OTG cable and but the first flights were successful .. (2 batteries) then at the end of the third flight, the problem of out of control!? I have always used the T1D bluetooth for more than 10 hours of flight and I have never had similar problems.
Tello is safe and I am now with the T1d.?

I got a Tello package on Amazon that also included a Gamesir controller. All documentation just says model T1 but this looks like the T1S except there is no dongle in the bottom. I had a hard time getting this to work with an OTG cable and thus the purpose of this post. Here is what I found that works.
1. With the OTG cable disconnected, tur on the Gamesir by holding down the X key and then push the Home (power) button. The last LED on the right under the flip up phone holder should be lit solid and the only one lit.
2. Connect the Gamesir to the phone with the OTG cable.
3. Turn on Tello.
4. Connect to Tello WIFI on your phone.
5. Start TelloFPV app.
6. Select XBOX 360 as your controller.
The only issue I have found so far is R1/R2 plus Y do not work, so I launch and land from the screen. I haven’t tried any other functions on the a Gamesir. Maybe someone has a fix/solution? I’ve been to excited to fly to investigate further.

tellofpv does not support button combinations.

But you can map each button to any function, see menu - settings - controller - mapping

Well, I must be doing something wrong.
T1s fully charged. Tried powering up using +A, +B and even +X
Connect OTG from T1s to phone
Phone to airplane mode
Power up Tello
Start TelloFPV—I can only see scan for T1D and wants me to start BlueTooth.
Tried Tello, also wants BlueTooth
Connected to Tello wifi
T1s still blinking and hasn’t paired with Tello or phone/app
I made sure my OTG to GameSir and phone connection was secure.
So, T1s isn’t paired and can’t use with OTG connection.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Hi Same problem w/ t1s & s8, & tello fpv using the OTG cable, I can communicate w/ the calibration app- all sticks are good, & w/ left stick on phone home screen. The wifi connects to the phone, but I still can't control tello w/ t1s when connected - control from phone screen is fine, Any other suggestions?
I just noticed: brief message that says new controller found T1s 2.13, but the drone still does not respond to it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv