Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

I am getting a GameSir T1s to try out. Can I still use TelloFPV? What's the process for connecting it using an OTG cable? I want to see if video is better without Bluetooth.
Thanks!

I am getting a GameSir T1s to try out. Can I still use TelloFPV? What's the process for connecting it using an OTG cable? I want to see if video is better without Bluetooth.
Thanks!
I know TelloFpv works with T1s but you have to check manufacturers website to see how to connect it to your phone.
My guess is it's just plug and play, but I'm not sure.

Once its connected you just have to go to the controller settings and select the controller as student

I have a T1s and it works great with TelloFPV via BT or OTG... using BT you'll also need to use a Wi-Fi extender/repeater if you want good video

I rarely bother with all that anymore though. I'm 'going through a stage' where I like to fly with just the phone and the Tello.

If I feel like going through a 'set up and get ready to fly rig-a-marole' I'll just go fly the Phantom :)

Reactions: volate!lo
Thanks!
Understand...... video not so great but the photos are very good. WITH proper light. Especially for a hundred bucks??‍♂️

Hi,

already own the TelloFPV app and love it for flying my original Tello, now I ordered the Iron Man edition and would like to know if it would also work with the TelloFPV app? Just tested and the Tello Hero app does NOT work with my original Tello, looks like the Iron Man edition is identifying itself differently?

Hi,

already own the TelloFPV app and love it for flying my original Tello, now I ordered the Iron Man edition and would like to know if it would also work with the TelloFPV app? Just tested and the Tello Hero app does NOT work with my original Tello, looks like the Iron Man edition is identifying itself differently?
I am reasonably confident it works but...Nobody tried iron man yet, so please report back.

This app is pretty great, had so much fun flying around in fpv fast mode.
(works great with ps4 controller, bluetooth does not seem to make any difference)

was using the free droneVR+ thing, and it lacks the ability to go to fast mode completely.

interestingly i get next to no frame drops with this app? or just getting lucky with low wifi interference, or figured the right distance to put the wifi extender or something. (also am now putting the phone in airplane mode before flying, maybe that was it)

also, this somehow has better picture quality on FPV than droneVR+
---

some weird things, why is the video/picture thing you need to change, just give a button to take a picture, and have taking video on another button.

all the buttons are apparently named with what they are on xbox controller, i guess you have to pick something, so understandable. First test flights i also had annoying issue as i was testing indoors, as the default seemed to the touch screen takeoff be for throwing it? Make that a separate button or something, at least an option somewhere, not the default.

awesome program, just takes getting used to how it does things.

Last edited:
(works great with ps4 controller, bluetooth does not seem to make any difference)

was using the free droneVR+ thing, and it lacks the ability to go to fast mode completely.

interestingly i get next to no frame drops with this app? or just getting lucky with low wifi interference, or figured the right distance to put the wifi extender or something. (also am now putting the phone in airplane mode before flying, maybe that was it)

---

some weird things, why is the video/picture thing you need to change, just give a button to take a picture, and have taking video on another button.

all the buttons are apparently named with what they are on xbox controller, i guess you have to pick something, so understandable. First test flights i also had annoying issue as i was testing indoors, as the default seemed to the touch screen takeoff be for throwing it? Make that a separate button or something, at least an option somewhere, not the default.

Instead of constant frame drops you see flickers or pixel garbage in this app, as it tries to keep the useable part of a broken frame.

Since taking pictures and recording videos are mutual exclusive operation, it makes sense to use one shutter button for both.
Many buttons have double functions, one for short press and one for long press. Throw launch for example is a long press on the takeoff button. Short press on the same button is normal takeoff.

That is all described in the manual (Menu => help)

Reactions: Deani77 and zaphod
Proposal:

- if signal goes below 5db -> force RTH (send the command)
Easy to implement, but would cause more lost Tellos then it would save. Keep in mind that Tello is not capable of autonomous RTH, and does not have obstacle avoidance.

Example: You circle a tree and maybe you read 70db at the start. When Tello is right behind the tree wifi drops down to 10db, and TelloFpv initiates a RTH. Tello would fly straight into the tree.
You fly indoors from room to room. Wifi drops below 10db, and Tello flies a straight RTH and crashes into the next wall.

Bottom line: I think automated RTH does more harm then good, and consequently I don't implement it.

Hi, great app after using it for a month now. Any chances to add follow me mode or active track functions?

---

any how to's to connect ps4 controller to tellofpv?

Easy-
  • BT: pair the controller to your phone (or tablet) first, then run Tellofpv.
  • OTG: just plug the controller into your mobile device with an OTG cable, then run Tellofpv
  • Enjoy
Thanks, was about to ask how to do that but i think its too much, so i just google it. hehe thanks will try later. :D

Reactions: umanbean

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv