Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

If can a used android phone to use for this , what should I get. I don’t know anything about android phone since I’m a Apple person.
I did buy a gamesir td1 for my iPhone. Will this work on the controller with a android phone ?

If can a used android phone to use for this , what should I get.
Don't buy a too old phone. Take a Samsung Galaxy S8 or newer. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and that works fine. My old Samsung Galaxy S4 mini didn't work.

I did buy a gamesir td1 for my iPhone. Will this work on the controller with a android phone ?
Yes. I've got a Gamesir T1s and that works with the Tello-App as well as with TelloFPV.
But with the TelloFPV you can use every Controller that can be connected via BT or OTG.

Don't buy a T1d. Its expensive (relatively), and causes lots of interference.

For IOS buy a gamevice, expensive but said to be great.
For Android any wired PS3- compatible controller (or one marked as Android compatible, most are).

If you want one controller for both you can buy a later Xbox controller with bluetooth. Will have some interference like the t1d but at least its a generic gamepad good for gaming as well (the t1d can't do anything at all but Tello).

no. this was just general advice because the gamevice is AFAIK the only wired controller that works with the IOS Tello app.

A quick feature request. Can you allow the app to set the IP address of the Tello EDU to connect to? We are using Tello EDUs which have been reconfigured to connect to an access point. We know the IP address, but the Tello FPV app seem to not allow changing the IP address and really wants you to connect to TELLO-XXXXX wifi.

A quick feature request. Can you allow the app to set the IP address of the Tello EDU to connect to? We are using Tello EDUs which have been reconfigured to connect to an access point. We know the IP address, but the Tello FPV app seem to not allow changing the IP address and really wants you to connect to TELLO-XXXXX wifi.
Not through a real UI, as this would confuse the vast majority of users who don't know anything about IPs.
I could provide a simple hidden easter egg to set the IP.

Done, will be part of the next release. To change the IP:
open about screen, tap 3x on the credits section, and enter
sip=192.168.10.1
for default Tello IP, or whatever you want it to be.

Does not work for Copilot.

Reactions: IroN
Not through a real UI, as this would confuse the vast majority of users who don't know anything about IPs.
I could provide a simple hidden easter egg to set the IP.

Yes, a hidden easter egg would be awesome to be able to set the IP. Basically if you want to fly the Tello EDUs they have the ability to connect to an access point instead of directly connecting to them. So having the ability to turn off the request to connect to the built-in TELLO-XXXXX Wifi and a way to set the IP from an easter egg would be awesome.

Done, will be part of the next release. To change the IP:
open about screen, tap 3x on the credits section, and enter
sip=192.168.10.1
for default Tello IP, or whatever you want it to be.

Does not work for Copilot.
Awesome, looking forward to the next release. Thanks.

Good morning I saw that an excellent app for IOS (TelloME) and soon for Android that allows follow me with the Tello ... is possible with TelloFPV ?

Good morning I saw that an excellent app for IOS (TelloME) and soon for Android that allows follow me with the Tello ... is possible with TelloFPV ?
It is not possible to include this into TelloFpv.

TelloMe will be a separate app with vastly different hardware requirements than TelloFpv. Looks like a Samsung S8 (or equivalent) is the absolute minimum for this to work at an acceptable level, or maybe even the S10. Computer Vision simply requires lots of power.

I will have to lock out all users of older devices to prevent bad reviews due to insufficient device performance.

It is not possible to include this into TelloFpv.

TelloMe will be a separate app with vastly different hardware requirements than TelloFpv. Looks like a Samsung S8 (or equivalent) is the absolute minimum for this to work at an acceptable level, or maybe even the S10. Computer Vision simply requires lots of power.

I will have to lock out all users of older devices to prevent bad reviews due to insufficient device performance.

It would be nice to have a follow me function like TelloMe in the fantastic TelloFVP ... it's a real shame ...thanks anyway...

Could someone please explain to me-

What is so great about a follow-me function?!!!

And why does seemingly everyone else but me want it so badly?!

I just don't get it...

My guess is that you are an old dinosaur like me. I have used and worked on internet and intranet technologies for well over two decades (I am old enough to remember the day when the Lynx "browser" was announced on a Usenet group) - yet I don't think there is even one single photo of myself or my family on the internet. And if possible I will make sure there will never be one.
If we were born into the internet age we'd probably have different view.

Having said that there is two things about this app. First it's cool to watch Tello do it's thing completely on it's own. And second it can do certain shots much better than a human:
Following someone obviously but also circling around a person so fast that the background becomes blurry (still waiting for someone posting those shots, but then this part was only released yesterday).
I haven't tried this yet but this orbiting thing should also work for larger objects like a car, a tree or a horse for example.
And the app can automatically record a group of kids doing a martial arts shows, automatically keeping them all in the frame as they move on stage. Pretty cool as the result is much smoother than what a human can do with a handheld camcorder.

I know this might sound stupid, but it would be cool if it had a similar UI to DJI Go.
I can't afford a Spark or even a Mavic Mini, but I still want to get the genuine DJI feel.

- Привет! Почему здесь нет русского языка?

The app isn't sold in Russian markets. It was available for a few weeks but was removed after analyzing the statistics and will never return.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv