Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

@brick72
Something similar happened to me from time to time when using my Gamesir wired controller. Suddenly controller is not recognized for aTelloPilot anymore and I lost control of the airplane. The worse part is that app "remember" last controller command and Tello keeps moving in the last direction with great danger of crashing.

I'm glad to announce you my Gamesir T1 controller issue is solved. You can read complete solution here: Gamesir T1 controller sleep mode (SOLVED)

I can confirm controller issue has nothing to do with aTelloPilot app. It remains the best Tello application so far. ;)

By the way, @bluejune when we will have an update ?

Love the APP! hope you continue to improve it. How do I read the Log files? Also it would be nice to have brief audible alert if the drone is "emergency" landing due to vision system loss. Thanks!

Love the APP! hope you continue to improve it. How do I read the Log files? Also it would be nice to have brief audible alert if the drone is "emergency" landing due to vision system loss. Thanks!

You need a free Windows PC/ Mac app called CsvView or DatCon. Download site: CsvView/DatCon

More information into this thread: Drone log

Sometimes I suffer the Landing issue you are talking about, but I found easy to skip the automatic landig applying more gas.

Raul.

I had tried Csv but it said it wasn't DJI data. Maybe I did something wrong? I will try DatCon. Thanks!

Any chance to add VR function to the APP? The video etc. is so much better than the stock app. Thanks

Do you need to have original Tello app in order for this app to work? I installed this app and removed the original. The camera works great, but it wont take off. I took out another device that had original app and the Tello flys fine.

How do I access the log files after a flight? I have access to the location on my Android phone but I don't have application to open this particular .dat file. Please help

Do you need to have original Tello app in order for this app to work? I installed this app and removed the original. The camera works great, but it wont take off. I took out another device that had original app and the Tello flys fine.
It's possible this app uses some resources and files from the Tello original app and by itself it can't communicate properly. Also just a word of caution, I'd keep the original, without it you can not update the Tello for use with your phone.

Reactions: Ansia
It's possible this app uses some resources and files from the Tello original app and by itself it can't communicate properly. Also just a word of caution, I'd keep the original, without it you can not update the Tello for use with your phone.
What I wanted to do is use the ipad with original app to play indoors and use cellphone, controller, and this app for outside. What I ended doing is grabbing my ipad and flew outside. Didn't have time to play with the phone, since I was in a tight schedule.

Reactions: SleepyRobo
What I wanted to do is use the ipad with original app to play indoors and use cellphone, controller, and this app for outside. What I ended doing is grabbing my ipad and flew outside. Didn't have time to play with the phone, since I was in a tight schedule.
Ok. So don't know how tech savvy you are, but for the sake of it, I'll throw in a bit of info. You had mentioned use of controller. So the basics is a Bluetooth controller will have lag, but with the Tello you have one other problem, the WiFi is 2.4ghz and the Bluetooth is 2.45ghz give or take on the module in your device. This causes interference if the WiFi and Bluetooth are that close in proximity. This gets apparent when your fpv feed gets shorter and also your control range is shorter and more sparatic and inconsistent. The solution is however not friendly for certain devices. And that is to use a wired controller that plugs into your charging/data port on your device, now the alternative app does support this which is nice but make sure you either read his documents or pm him to see what you need to get. With a wired controller you can retain your control distance and camera view

Reactions: Ansia
Bought your app yesterday and I am impressed make theTello go to a higher level. I'd not perfect but are the bigger brother's perfect ? No
There is always room for improvement and limitations and some times work arounds.
Really worth getting the app.
Maybe u should now foucs for and iOS version many iOS users want it because video in iOS is better the Android.
Good work

Ok. So don't know how tech savvy you are, but for the sake of it, I'll throw in a bit of info. You had mentioned use of controller. So the basics is a Bluetooth controller will have lag, but with the Tello you have one other problem, the WiFi is 2.4ghz and the Bluetooth is 2.45ghz give or take on the module in your device. This causes interference if the WiFi and Bluetooth are that close in proximity. This gets apparent when your fpv feed gets shorter and also your control range is shorter and more sparatic and inconsistent. The solution is however not friendly for certain devices. And that is to use a wired controller that plugs into your charging/data port on your device, now the alternative app does support this which is nice but make sure you either read his documents or pm him to see what you need to get. With a wired controller you can retain your control distance and camera view
Thanks for the info. I got it working last night. What I did was reinstall official app and reset this app. Worked like a charm. As for what you said, I already had done the exercise. I use a Stratus XL that will work with my S8 both by OTG adapter and bluetooth. As for the lag, I got the Xiaomi range extender and it fixed it.

I bought the application yesterday and tested it out today. I do not know why, but at 15m height was warned about a very bad wifi signal.It's probably responsibly a bad weather-just before rain .
Otherwise, I'm very satisfied .

I bought the application yesterday and tested it out today. I do not know why, but at 15m height was warned about a very bad wifi signal.It's probably responsibly a bad weather-just before rain .
Otherwise, I'm very satisfied .

For sure, this is the best Tello app up to now. This weekend I broke my personal distance record flying my Tello using aTelloPilot app. I got a 507 meters away mark.

See here Tello 507 meters challenge

Reactions: Basti
cool thanks for the Layout I need to put this in my Flight Case now...

Thanks a lot, I have just edited picture for change ubication of "camera switch" and "capture records" labels. They are showed now into their correct ubication, above left and right sticks.

cheers.

I just got a Parrot Flypad Controller. Can someone tell me how to use it with a OTG cable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv