Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

another Tello Pilot (Android App)

I think bluejune is gone. May be he dont want to Work in this Project. Or he is in jail because of the law in his Country.
Or he didnt pay his internet Provider.
Nevermind, hes gone.
brick72,
You are so extreme about my absence. :mad:

Anyone using a Parrot Flypad controller? I got one just to use with my Tello. I like the way it works using a OTG cable. The problem I am having is that it freezes up every minute or so and the only way to get it working again is to unplug the cable and reinsert it. Needless to say this causes some scary moments. Any one else have this problem?

While we are talking about problems, I am using a ASUS Zenfone 2E. I keep having this message pop up on it while I am flying:

Cannot Connect to Internet Through Tello - Change WI-Fi Hotspot/Cancel

While this message is displayed on my phone I have no control of the Tello. I can choose Cancel, but it keeps coming back. I also have a GameSir G3S and and the same thing happens.
I didn't find how FlyPad works with OTG cable.
As you mentioned, it works for 1 min and it is turned off automatically, so I failed with OTG cable.
It is not the problem of the my app.

And about WiFi issue,
I think you can turn off the option for changing WiFi automatically if it is not connected internet in WiFi settings on your device.
Automatic WiFi change option makes the problem.

Thanks.

@bluejune welcome back !

We missed you from this forums.

Please, attend to our requests for a new version of your aTelloPilot app soon.

I´ll summarize for you the main bugs/optimization needed:

- A timeout or cancel button for photo-taken becouse it hangs when low video signal
- Yaw sensitiviy configuration. Otherwise Tello is hard to control when turning.
- Remapping Gamepad buttons screen. That way we can get a RTH button in our finger, for example.
- Increase zoom level for map screen. We want to have a map of at least 500 meters wide, becouse I proved that's the range of tello.

Best regards.

@bluejune welcome back !

- A timeout or cancel button for photo-taken becouse it hangs when low video signal
- Yaw sensitiviy configuration. Otherwise Tello is hard to control when turning.
- Remapping Gamepad buttons screen. That way we can get a RTH button in our finger, for example.
- Increase zoom level for map screen. We want to have a map of at least 500 meters wide, becouse I proved that's the range of tello.

Best regards.
Wait wait wait. Map??? Have I missed something in the app?

Wait wait wait. Map??? Have I missed something in the app?

I'm talking about aTelloPilot position tracking screen. It includes a fly-by-waypoint cool feature, but due zoom limitations it only can be used for very close flights. That's the reason I encourage @bluejune to increase zoom levels.

atellopilot map route.jpg

For your information, you can enjoy a full video demo here: another Tello Pilot (Android App)

Last edited:
brick72,
You are so extreme about my absence. :mad:

Hello bluejune
do not you influence my dear friend, people think you have that it has to do, we must not forget that it is the past temp for all of us.
take the time it takes to improve your software, you have the right to take time off like everyone else and go to work and go on vacation. he thinks it's easy to program this kind of software.
on my part I thank you once again for this famous software and good luck.

best Regards
Sam

I didn't find how FlyPad works with OTG cable.
As you mentioned, it works for 1 min and it is turned off automatically, so I failed with OTG cable.
It is not the problem of the my app.

And about WiFi issue,
I think you can turn off the option for changing WiFi automatically if it is not connected internet in WiFi settings on your device.
Automatic WiFi change option makes the problem.

Thanks.
Glad to see you are still with us, we need to realize that life goes on beyond this App. I hoped someone else had solved the FlyPad problem. I think it would be the best controller for the Tello if we could ever figure it out. I am sure the WIFI option is a problem with a setting on my phone, I just have not been able to find it. Thanks again for your time and effort on this App.

Reactions: MagooYFZ
Anyone using a Parrot Flypad controller? I got one just to use with my Tello. I like the way it works using a OTG cable. The problem I am having is that it freezes up every minute or so and the only way to get it working again is to unplug the cable and reinsert it. Needless to say this causes some scary moments. Any one else have this problem?

@mec9900 , I suffered a very similar issue using my Gamesir T1 OTG wired controller. I agree with you, when controller freezes you have a scary time until you take back flight control.

I found this solution to my Gamesir T1 sleep mode problem, maybe it can help you with Parrot Flypad: Gamesir T1 controller sleep mode (SOLVED)

All the best.

@bluejune welcome back !

Best regards.
They are all what you wanted not others :LOL:

They are all what you wanted not others :LOL:
I also want all of Raul's items, excepy the map thing. I don't fly 600+ meters. :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, is it possible to fix the turning on the motors on by pressing the 5 and 7 o'clock areas? Doesn't work most of the times.

Reactions: MagooYFZ
Anybody is running aTelloPilot into a wide-screen mobile phone ?

Does it look good ?

It's image streched for fitting onto entire screen or does black bands appear on the sides ?

I'm planning to upgrade my Samsung Galaxy A3 (16:9 aspect ratio screen) to a new Huawei P20 Lite (18:9 aspect ratio). That's a very much wide screen size and I would like to know what it looks like.

I have created a photo-collage, showing you both phone screen size for better understand of my question:

aTelloPilot samsung galaxy a3 vs huawei p20.jpg

Answering to myself ;)

I performed a little research into the web and found an interesting video at YouTobe site called: 'Tello App VS aTelloPilot App'. Looking at the video you can see a Tello pilot using a Huawei Mate 10 Lite phone with a wide 18:9 screen. He compares original Ryze Tello app vs Bluejune's aTelloPilot.

It seems aTelloPilot adds black side bars as necesary and don't stretch video image as Ryze Tello app does.
Really, I'm not sure what's the best behaviour.

@bluejune, could you confirm it ?

See video captures:

aTelloPilot app running into Huawei Mate 10 Lite 18:9 screen. Notice image not stretched and filled with black bars sideways.
atellopilot into huawei mate 10 screen.jpg

Original Ryze Tello app running into same Huawei Mate 10 Lite 18:9 screen. Notice image stretched to fullfit screen width. No black bars sideways.
tello app into huawei mate 10.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve noticed the same with my Galaxy S8. I do get the bars with aTelloPilot app, but haven’t noticed any difference in the video/photo taken, just the live feed.

Answering to myself ;)

I performed a little research into the web and found an interesting video at YouTobe site called: 'Tello App VS aTelloPilot App'. Looking at the video you can see a Tello pilot using a Huawei Mate 10 Lite phone with a wide 18:9 screen. He compares original Ryze Tello app vs Bluejune's aTelloPilot.

It seems aTelloPilot adds black side bars as necesary and don't stretch video image as Ryze Tello app does.
Really, I'm not sure what's the best behaviour.

@bluejune, could you confirm it ?

See video captures:

aTelloPilot app running into Huawei Mate 10 Lite 18:9 screen. Notice image not stretched and filled with black bars sideways.
View attachment 2130

Original Ryze Tello app running into same Huawei Mate 10 Lite 18:9 screen. Notice image stretched to fullfit screen width. No black bars sideways.
View attachment 2131

Image is adjusted to be matched with original image width/height ratio if the screen ratio is different from image.
So black bar is seen.
personally I do not like the distorted(stretched) image.

Hi bluejune,

Thanks for your app, I could't enjoy my Tello like I do without your app.

My last breakthrough was piloting using the "Stick Tune" settings to get supper smooth video !!

I was hopping to see a release with Object tracking, I really like face tracking and I would like to be able to track myself from behind. Could you implement a butt tracker ? :LOL::ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness being able to track something other than a face would be nice !!

Thanks !!
Keep up the good work !!(y)(y)

Image is adjusted to be matched with original image width/height ratio if the screen ratio is different from image.
So black bar is seen.
personally I do not like the distorted(stretched) image.

I agree with you. Is better adding black bars for image ratio preservation.

Any new about updates ? ;)

Best regards.

Would like to check if aTelloPilot app is suitable for user who do not have controller?
And if there is any chance that this app will be available for IOS in the near future?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clubfooted