Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

cypherion

Reaction score
I just bought a Gamesir T1D. Here in the Philippines it is available at the DJI store. You can find online on Amazon. Please remember that the Gamesir T1D can only be used on the Tello, and cannot be used to play games on your iPhone. What this means is the pairing with the controller is done within the Tello App and not through iOS Bluetooth Settings.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

BennoDXB

Reaction score
I just got the Tello yesterday and was very disappointed to find that the Xbox One controller didnt work. The second most popular controller on the planet not supported seems mental.

Anyway,

I bought Tello FPV and tried with that and it works perfectly. Soooo much better with a controller than trying to use the screen.

I have no idea why the official app doesnt work, seems ridiculous to me but there you go.

TLDR If you have an xbox controller buy Tello FPV, much cheaper than buying a new controller.

Reactions: umanbean

umanbean

Reaction score
I have no idea why the official app doesnt work, seems ridiculous to me but there you go.
Ryze (DJI) obviously collaborated with Gamesir, re: the T1d, to coerce people into thinking that was the best/only controller.

TLDR If you have an xbox controller buy Tello FPV, much cheaper than buying a new controller.
Even if you don't have an Xbox controller, Tellofpv is far superior to the OEM app.

For their own sake, I just wish people would come here and research first before investing money in a sub-par controller or being disappointed that a controller they already own ' doesn't work'

ZWActual

Reaction score
Leaving this here for future visitors:
1568474168935.png

Reactions: umanbean

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drikus