Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

I just bought a Gamesir T1D. Here in the Philippines it is available at the DJI store. You can find online on Amazon. Please remember that the Gamesir T1D can only be used on the Tello, and cannot be used to play games on your iPhone. What this means is the pairing with the controller is done within the Tello App and not through iOS Bluetooth Settings.
77793d39d23ff8ecfcde30b162d3b57b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I just got the Tello yesterday and was very disappointed to find that the Xbox One controller didnt work. The second most popular controller on the planet not supported seems mental.

Anyway,

I bought Tello FPV and tried with that and it works perfectly. Soooo much better with a controller than trying to use the screen.

I have no idea why the official app doesnt work, seems ridiculous to me but there you go.

TLDR If you have an xbox controller buy Tello FPV, much cheaper than buying a new controller.

Reactions: umanbean
I have no idea why the official app doesnt work, seems ridiculous to me but there you go.
Ryze (DJI) obviously collaborated with Gamesir, re: the T1d, to coerce people into thinking that was the best/only controller.

TLDR If you have an xbox controller buy Tello FPV, much cheaper than buying a new controller.
Even if you don't have an Xbox controller, Tellofpv is far superior to the OEM app.

For their own sake, I just wish people would come here and research first before investing money in a sub-par controller or being disappointed that a controller they already own ' doesn't work'

Leaving this here for future visitors:
1568474168935.png

Reactions: umanbean
Is there any way to calibrate a controller?

I using tello fpv when I move the sticks 50% of their travel in any direction, they input the whole 100% movement. This causes the device to be oversensitive. I tried adjusting the settings but seems like it needs to be calibrated first. 50%ish percent of phisical travel inputs 100% of movement.

I'm using android, genetic bluetooh controller.

PS4 controller with my iPhone works a treat now it’s iOS 13 and also on ipadOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone.

What is the best controller for an iphone 5s? (I just ordered a gamesir, I hope it works. The gamevices seem to only support from iphone 6 and later)

If I picked up a cheap android phone, just for the third party apps, what would you recommend?

Hello everyone.

What is the best controller for an iphone 5s? (I just ordered a gamesir, I hope it works. The gamevices seem to only support from iphone 6 and later)

If I picked up a cheap android phone, just for the third party apps, what would you recommend?
Any Samsung galaxy s7 series or above.

How did you connect it up??..

IOS13 now allow connections from both ps4 and Xbox one onwards controllers you just follow the instructions on how to connect the controllers ps4 you hold down the ps logo button and share button together it then shows up in setting under Bluetooth....
It is the same for iPadOS and also Apple TV ... you no longer need mfi controllers on Apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Magoo582
I have an LG Stylo 5
Using the Tello fpv app for Android
Using a gamesir T1 with an OTG cable. (not t1s not t1d)
I turn on airplane mode and then connect the OTG to the phone and start the Tello fpv app and
re -scan for new controller. It automatically connects. Works flawlessly for me.

Attachments

• 20191124_124032.jpg
    20191124_124032.jpg
    864.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 20191124_131105_HDR.jpg
    20191124_131105_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
  • 20191124_131144_HDR.jpg
    20191124_131144_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33

Members online

Forum statistics