Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

I tried some time ago (Android phone). For me was impossible to connect Gamesir T1D on OTG for Stock Tello app and for aTelloPilot third part app neither.

That was the main reason I sold it and bought a Gamesir T1.

cheers.

Oh, T1D bluetooth does affect the video and fly distance compare to OTG connection?

Cause i was told that it uses a different type of Bluetooth connection that doesn’t interfere as much as regular Bluetooth controllers do. They use their own connection for the Tello called GCM GameSir Connection Mode.

Would you able to advise?
I am using the following app : ATelloPilot (Android) and Stock Tello (Iphone SE)

In case, PS4 controller fail to work on my Android phone. I would need to purchase a controller for that.

I recommend you whatever USB OTG wired controller.

I agree, usb OTG wired is the only way to go... of course that's just my opinion, take it for what you paid for it LOL

My T1s came yesterday and I like it much... very versatile, connects to virtually everything - iOS, Android, Windows, Android TV, PS3 game console, etc.

Using the new version of the aTelloPilot app, I have the buttons mapped exactly the way I want.

Last edited:
Hope someone can help:

1. I am on Android
2. I would like to use USB OTG (as I want to avoid video lag)
3. I'd like to use the stock tello app.

Can someone tell me what controller would meet my requirements please?

I would like to check between T1 and T1s does it matter? As I google the difference is only 2.4ghz wireless. And does their Bluetooth still works for atellopilot app? I am kinda of worry abt my otg connection. Sorry for asking a lot of silly questions.

WARNING:
Please wait to buy a controller until the controller manufacturers update the controller software.
Do your homework first! Most if not all of them are not currently working.

If you know of a working controller please post the model, software versions, and Android or iOS.

Tried the
PXN-6603 Speedy Wireless Bluetooth Game Controller for IOS iphone Apple TV MFi
NO GO!!! Lags and some times doesn't even respond. And concerned a fly away I had may have been the cause from this now. I came to a conclusion by reading many articles that the drone will continue to perform the last action such as hover, forward, left, right, if the connection is lost. And my fly away was in a upward launch when it just kept going and going and going... So I'm thinking one of these lags is more like a temporary blue tooth disconnect... Temporary too long BTW. Going to try a Game-vise for my mini 4 with a direct connect lightening.

Hope someone can help:

1. I am on Android
2. I would like to use USB OTG (as I want to avoid video lag)
3. I'd like to use the stock tello app.

Can someone tell me what controller would meet my requirements please?

I'd like to find a controller that supports the same requirements. Have you had any luck?

I'm running a Samsung J5 Pro, Android 7.0

At first I tried a PS4 controller over BT + Octopus but found the input lag to be so bad, it was near-unusable.

I managed to get a PS3 controller working however, and it's fantastic. Only 'issue' is that I can't use the stock Tello app with this setup (it didn't detect any of the BT/OTG controllers I tried), but this isn't a problem as aTelloPilot is more featured.

Sixaxis Enabler: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locnet.sixaxis&hl=en

aTelloPilot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pinggusoft.aTelloPilot&hl=en_AU

OTG Cable: https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Micro-Cable-Cellphone-Tablet/dp/B00AYPEL56

Controller Mount: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Megadream-Adjustable-Smartphone-Playstation/dp/B00UCS46NC/

Cost like $20 for the apps + mount, but you could find APK's online for the apps if you wanted to try-before-you-buy.

At present moment is it possible to use T1s with wired connection to iPhone 7 and Tello app in order to avoid lags? Is there any other working solution for such a IOS wired controller except Gamevice Controller - something using lightning to usb cable?

T1d is a one trick pony only good for Tello, since nobody but Ryze has adopted the special SDK that app developers need to build for this controller.

If you have some gamepad controller at home that is recognized on android with a OTG adapter then it may be worthwhile checking the available alternatives to the Tello app: aTello, aTelloPilot, and TelloFpv for Android

Because -depending on the phone model- the video stream can suffer so much under the BT connection that its no longer fun. Then you need a wifi extender, which comes with its own set of problems: setup, needs powerbank, some are slow to (re)connect, etc.
OSB OTG controllers remove these issues and many have them lying around at home.

Reactions: Doug D
I would. I’ve got one and it works an absolute treat. Easy to control and much more responsive than the app.
I got one but my video is choppy. Been watching ways to fix this. I see some peoples videos are crystal clear and mine looks grainy and low res. Dont know if its the connection. Settings or controller

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Steel series stratus works a charm and is fully comparable on iOS with stock app..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv