Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

Ordered a pair of Ipega Pg-9078 controllers. Still have to locate a deal on an OTG capable flight phone for the wife.
I'm going to try and get these mapped to the original Tello app to get the wife comfortable flying. If/when she is comfortable we will move to the Tello FPV flight system.

fingers crossed.;)

Edit - Controllers arrived today - 1/6/20
Charged the batteries in Both in preparation for setup and testing.
*Chinglish instructions are not easy to decipher:eek:

Last edited:
Linked the Ipega PG-9078 via Blue Tooth (old non-OTG phones) for testing.
Right away BT bound to the gamepad. Unfortunately original Tello App sees nothing under Bluetooth devices.
No problem, I kind of expected this with the T1D restriction on the App.
Installed Octopus app and linked the Tello app to launch through it. Joysticks and Buttons were simple to assign though a bit fiddly.
Each replicated its assigned function - With One exception.
Left joystick works perfectly.

Right joystick has the jitters. i.e. Octopus sets it as a repeating movement.
***It can be switched to Hold - if you Pay for the Pro version - which seems to me to be a built in App crippling move to up sell...

* I'd rather have full featured Apps with time limited test capability.:mad:

Note:
Tello Launches/Lands, Throttle smooth on/off, Rotation Left/Right smooth, Forward Left Smooth
Back/Right choppy jerky intermittent die to control pulsing signal.

So close but so far........

Last edited:
TelloFPV app android
Moto Z2 force with game pad mod.

Also use
Samsung Note 10+ with a Xbox One S controller.

Tello FPV supports controllers natively and you can set functions to buttons from the app, better control of tello.

Is it possible to control the Tello without a phone? Is there such a thing as a direct wifi controller without having the phone as a middle-man? If so, what controller/tx will do this? If this is possible, I will do this, and add an Eachine DVR03 for FPV, and eliminate the phone. Just wondering of this goal is doable? Thanks.

Have not flown my Tello for 6 months or so, could not get my Parrot Flypad to work. Got it out to night, updated Tellofpv App and tried my Flypad, everything worked like a charm.

Hi Guys,

Just to let some of you know that the GameSir T1s is not the only one that works with the Tello through an OTG cable. I have bought a GameSir G4S. It can connect through a couple of ways. 1) Directly through OTG cable (that's what you want for Tello), 2) Bluetooth and 3) 2.4Ghz Wifi through it's own dongle hidden in its base. You can also use it with an amazing array of other devices. It looks absolutely stunning and has rubberized grips and uses its own lithium battery inside which is charged with a supplied micro usb cable. If you use it with the Tello flying wired I would suggest using the cable supplied. It also flips open to accommodate most size phones. It works PERFECTLY with the Tello and TelloFPV app.

GameSir-G4s-Full_04.jpg
691950202-1.jpg

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 9
Today is that day...?Waiting for my controller, first impressions later. good day for all.29D452CD-2DC6-4D2C-B66D-BD7256C01248.png

Finally, today I've picked up. ? Working perfectt ?

Attachments

• CF35A4A7-FA04-4EF7-93B0-F58FAC81B0B3.jpeg
    CF35A4A7-FA04-4EF7-93B0-F58FAC81B0B3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • 30A57AF4-3A54-4C6D-88CC-7EDCD594F675.jpeg
    30A57AF4-3A54-4C6D-88CC-7EDCD594F675.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
Last edited:
EDITED: Sold to forum member

Hi all,

If someone interested I'm selling my Gamesir T1 USB wired OTG controller including a 15 cm micro-usb cable plus more stuff (batteries, charger,...)

It's posted at CLASIFIED section into this forums: Tello accesories for sale

Best regards

R.

tello pack.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Just to let some of you know that the GameSir T1s is not the only one that works with the Tello through an OTG cable. I have bought a GameSir G4S. It can connect through a couple of ways. 1) Directly through OTG cable (that's what you want for Tello), 2) Bluetooth and 3) 2.4Ghz Wifi through it's own dongle hidden in its base. You can also use it with an amazing array of other devices. It looks absolutely stunning and has rubberized grips and uses its own lithium battery inside which is charged with a supplied micro usb cable. If you use it with the Tello flying wired I would suggest using the cable supplied. It also flips open to accommodate most size phones. It works PERFECTLY with the Tello and TelloFPV app.

View attachment 6164
View attachment 6165

Hello, I am about to buy a Gamesir G4S, do you have any new opinions? Have you found a defect? So far my setup is Android Moto G5plus, Tello FPV app. Regards.

Hello, I am about to buy a Gamesir G4S, do you have any new opinions? Have you found a defect? So far my setup is Android Moto G5plus, Tello FPV app. Regards.
Hi! Absolutely no complaints. Thing works like a boss with the Tello FPV app. Always use it wired though and remember to put your phone in airplane mode. Keep away from Bluetooth!

Reactions: Bob Suval
Hi All. Just bought a Tello. Whats the best controller ? Or is it personal choice ? BT or wifi ?
Hi. I bought my Tello last June, I have an Android cell phone. In my case I spent a month learning WITHOUT a controller which I consider was positive. The vast majority of users believe that it is convenient to have a controller that can be wired via OTG. Just yesterday I got a Gamesir G4s controller, I installed it via OTG to the Moto One Macro (Android) with the Tello FPV app. I hope the wind stops to prove it. Regards.

Hola. Yo compre mi Tello en Junio pasado, tengo celular Android. En mi caso estuve un mes aprendiendo SIN controlador lo cual considero fue positivo. La gran mayoria opina que conviene tener un controlador que se pueda conectar con cable via OTG. Recien ayer me llego un controlador Gamesir G4s, lo instale via OTG al Moto One Macro (Android) con Tello FPV app. Espero que pare el viento para probarlo. Saludos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv