Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

CONTROLLERS - PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BUY!

I am currently flying with a Steelseries Nimbus and it works great. Very precise flight. One thing to note: it does not come with a device bracket. You will have to purchase one separately. The are lots to choose from online.
Is it BT, WIFI and what 'phone IOS or Android..?

Anyone had success with PS3 controller? I've tried connecting my Xbox one and PS3 controller through Bluetooth settings but neither have worked. I'm going to try it with octopus app next.
PS4 controller works fine

Just need someone to figure out to get it working with my Smart Controller (using the sticks not just the screen)

I meant people have posted success with the SC and physical sticks.
That was some DJI or mavic forum. I don't have the SC so can't help

hi... Very exciting..! Will it support a PS4 controller..?
Hi,
If you like you can check out Ai Drone Software, it's compatible with both Windows & MacOS laptops. The application is tested with Xbox, Logitech & Redgear pro controllers.
XboxController.png

We have just released & offering first hundred users for free. To download software

Create an account: AI Drone Software
Download software using hidden link: AI Drone Software

Let me know if you have questions.

Hi,
If you like you can check out Ai Drone Software, it's compatible with both Windows & MacOS laptops. The application is tested with Xbox, Logitech & Redgear pro controllers.
View attachment 6892

We have just released & offering first hundred users for free. To download software

Create an account: AI Drone Software
Download software using hidden link: AI Drone Software

Let me know if you have questions.
hi..
Please can you confirm if your software will support a PS4 controller..?
All you have mentioned is "The application is tested with Xbox, Logitech & Redgear pro controllers." Nothing about PS4..!

Also is your limited free software free for a limited time then there is a charge for use or is it limited to 100 people who have it for free in perpetuity..?

hi..
Please can you confirm if your software will support a PS4 controller..?
All you have mentioned is "The application is tested with Xbox, Logitech & Redgear pro controllers." Nothing about PS4..!

Also is your limited free software free for a limited time then there is a charge for use or is it limited to 100 people who have it for free in perpetuity..?

Hi thanks for your genuine questions.

All the features of the software will be free for you indefinitely, including the future updates. We are also expanding beyond Tello Drone & the software will be compatible with other popular drones. So as we release updates you will be able to use same software to fly other drones. That's our way of saying thank you. All we ask is feedback, to design a better product since it's a Beta version.

Your PS4 is also compatible with the software.
(As long as you don't have issues connecting your PS4 controller to your laptop. You can check your controller connectivity on Gamepad Tester)

We are not using or storing your data, it was concern of other users.

Your Pro Version will have all these features -
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 15.33.25.png

Please drop us an email on [email protected] with the email id you signed up with, so we can make necessary adjustments on our end to stick by our Word.

Thanks

Last edited:
WARNING:
Please wait to buy a controller until the controller manufacturers update the controller software.
Do your homework first! Most if not all of them are not currently working.

If you know of a working controller please post the model, software versions, and Android or iOS.
I'm using Gamesir t1s. Works flawlessly with the otg cable on android phone.

Attachments

• 20210703_095523.jpg
    20210703_095523.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
This generic USB PC controller (branded as "M-TECH") works for me.. connected with USB OTG on my Samsung M21 (Android 11) + telloFPV..

Added some phone holder and mounting with hot glue

Setting rate to 50%, expo 20%, deadzone 0..

Attachments

• 20210910_075745.jpg
    20210910_075745.jpg
    975.8 KB · Views: 8
So fews years after the first Tello flying... whitch on is your favorite ?

I think Gamesir TS1 with OTG-USB cable is fine,
I was looking for the Gamesir X2 who is USB onely

My best wish is a controler whitout latency, as much as possible...
thanks
;)

Edit : my new hope : Razer Kishi
It's look like easier for Apple user :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: jmdronepilot
iOS doesn't support gamepads via USB OTG as far as I know.

Gamevice builds nice wired controllers for iphone

Hello, i´m very happy with my little tello and try to use controler to be more precise.

First i use Xbox one s controler with tello FPV, because its bluetooth got interference with video

xboxone01.jpgxboxone02.jpg

Not happy, today i try to use Tello FPV + PS3 controller + OTG cable and its perfect :)

ps302.jpg

ps301.jpgps303.jpg

I bought this and its working well

extender1.jpg

extender2.jpg

Now waiting for good weather and no wind!!!

Hi, i use a gamesir T1 with an OTG cable, with the tellofpv app, works perfect. I experienced connection problems when using it through bluetooth. Luckily you can use it with an otg-cable unlike the T1d. So my advice is get a T1 or T1s, so you have the option bluetooth/wired. I also like that the phoneholder is concealed in the controller. Don't forget to mod the buttons in the Telloprogram, i forgot at first causing the controller not to function properly. Another advantage over the T1d is that you can also use it for games on your phone, whereas from manufacturers specs you can use the T1d only for the Tello. Regards

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv