Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

I then switch on T1s controller by pressing start and A button together, holding for 3 seconds.

By 'start' button, I think you mean the 'power' button on front? There is also a button labelled 'start' on top, but that does not work to turn on T1s.

You only have to hold the 'A' (or B) button once, when first pairing the T1s to the device (phone or tablet). I used the B button so the controller would not also try to install itself as an Android mouse. Once it's paired with the device, no need to hold either the A or B again, just power on with the button on front, wait a minute, and it pairs. I would try this:

• reset T1s using the 'reset' button on bottom, then power off
  • Open BT settings on device
  • 'unpair' or 'forget' all references to the T1s
  • Press and hold B button on T1s, press 'power' button 2-3 seconds. The far-left green light (under phone bracket) will flash rapidly
  • When it shows up on phone BT settings screen, click to pair
  • Once paired, exit BT setting screen and open TelloFPV
  • Go to Settings -> Controller and choose T1s.

After this, do not use A or B button again, that's only to pair first time - just use 'power' button to turn on.

Reactions: Clinton1
Disregard my previous post. I am such a idiot :p I got it working. I need to connect and pair the T1s and phone through the Android procedure for the first time. Then on next start up of controller with TelloFPV, i just need to switch on controller, not the way of start and A button at the same time. Few seconds later i get a conformation and buzzing that controller is connected. Then i could get it to take off on first press of button. Then i had no control on sticks, so i went to controller and confirmed every stick movement on all the axis. Voila !!!!! She is alive....:)

By 'start' button, I think you mean the 'power' button on front? There is also a button labelled 'start' on top, but that does not work to turn on T1s.

You only have to hold the 'A' (or B) button once, when first pairing the T1s to the device (phone or tablet). I used the B button so the controller would not also try to install itself as an Android mouse. Once it's paired with the device, no need to hold either the A or B again, just power on with the button on front, wait a minute, and it pairs. I would try this:

• reset T1s using the 'reset' button on bottom, then power off
  • Open BT settings on device
  • 'unpair' or 'forget' all references to the T1s
  • Press and hold B button on T1s, press 'power' button 2-3 seconds. The far-left green light (under phone bracket) will flash rapidly
  • When it shows up on phone BT settings screen, click to pair
  • Once paired, exit BT setting screen and open TelloFPV
  • Go to Settings -> Controller and choose T1s.

After this, do not use A or B button again, that's only to pair first time - just use 'power' button to turn on.
Thanks, you and i were typing at the same time. You will see in my previous post i figured it out that way. Thank you for your time explaining it umanbean :) Yes, meant the poer button on front.

Reactions: umanbean
Love the app but despite concerted effort, I cannot get the PS3 game controller to work. It worked once but never again. I have tested with Game tester apps (2 of them) and they say the controller is seen but no buttons work. Likewise TelloFPV, tells me when the controller is connected (or disconnected) but it does nothing (except that once). I have restarted the S7 multiple times and changed OTG cables with no effect. I guess I will have to stick to the onscreen UI.

I guess I will have to stick to the onscreen UI.

Early this morning I decided to forget about the controller(s) and wifi extender for a change and fly with just a tablet and Tello.

Very refreshing I must say.

No fuss, no bother, no powering up and checking everything and waiting for connections - just power up the Tello and fly!

And I changed my technique... I now keep both thumbs touching the screen, don't lift them at all... makes it easy to do circles and turns, stop and fly backwards or sideways, etc.

I've now tried onscreen controls in 4 apps, this one has the BEST response!

Last edited:
Thanks, you and i were typing at the same time. You will see in my previous post i figured it out that way. Thank you for your time explaining it umanbean :) Yes, meant the poer button on front.
I must admit that not having these controllers makes it impossible to follow what exactly both of you are doing. Glad you figured it out. Hell, we need a wiki.

Reactions: Clinton1
Love the app but despite concerted effort, I cannot get the PS3 game controller to work. It worked once but never again. I have tested with Game tester apps (2 of them) and they say the controller is seen but no buttons work. Likewise TelloFPV, tells me when the controller is connected (or disconnected) but it does nothing (except that once). I have restarted the S7 multiple times and changed OTG cables with no effect. I guess I will have to stick to the onscreen UI.

Maybe the controller has different modes?
If the controller does not work in the gamepad tester app (see post #2 of this thread) it definitely won't work in TelloFpv and there is nothing I can do about it. Sorry :cautious:

we posted our comments at the same time also. LOL

That is ok, It just shows how excited we both are to have a product that works so good finally :)

This is my favorite settings for flying so i can get the smoothest video i can. Very precise slow flying when you need to to get those movie style effects. Try it, You guys might like it :)
(but still has the speed to take if the wind picks up or something)

just write down what you values are and you can always put them back if it does not work for your taste.

note: Make sure that you change all 4 settings.
(you will change 4 settings total with this mode) (Yaw, Throttle, Roll, Pitch) x 4 (On the video mode)

I love these settings for what use the tello for.View attachment 2404
The setting looks OK for throttle, pitch and roll but depending on the controller I'd add some deadzone so I don't get roll when all I want is pitch. Some controllers are already dead in the center and don't need this.

For yaw I'd choose a bit different. Maybe 50% expo, rate down to 50-70%, some deadzone depending on the controller. That makes a very smooth yaw.

If you get into trouble (wind) just switch to sport mode, thats what its for.

Reactions: TelloPilot2019
I must admit that not having these controllers makes it impossible to follow what exactly both of you are doing. Glad you figured it out. Hell, we need a wiki.

Given all the different controllers out there, a wiki would likely be the best way to handle that. I can see controllers being the most-troublesome-and-asked-about issue re: your app.

I know nothing about creating a wiki but would like to help if possible. I did a quick google of 'how to create a wiki page' or 'how to start a wiki' and it all seems to be above my pay grade.

Given all the different controllers out there, a wiki would likely be the best way to handle that. I can see controllers being the most-troublesome-and-asked-about issue re: your app.

I know nothing about creating a wiki but would like to help if possible. I did a quick google of 'how to create a wiki page' or 'how to start a wiki' and it all seems to be above my pay grade.
I have never done this but I don't think its complicated. I'd start off here:
Meta

I'd do it myself (and will contribute of course) but I can't - at least not easily. I have a "commercial interest" and as such any online service would require me to take care of data protection, and all that. Not much fun here :-(

I think I may have found the problem. First of all, although I am using an OTG I think that the PS3 console (which was plugged in but turned off) may have been interfering in some way. I unplugged it and now if I connect the controller and first hit the PS3 button, it works (or at least it has 2 times in a row).

I connect the PS3 controller and TelloFPV says it is connected. I set the PS3 to be the Student controller. I connect the Tello and hit Start on the PS3 controller and nothing happens. Where am I going wrong or how to diagnose the problem?

Hi ,

Try to follow exactly the steps described in this post:

New app: TelloFPV

I follow these procedures with all my controllers and they always work fine.

All the best!

Tested the demo version on a 4-year old Motorola Droid Turbo with the Gamesir T1d... worked perfectly.
4 years.... My S3 mini is 6 years old and runs TelloFPV. beat that!! :p
Almost anything that can run Android 5 (stock or custom ROM) can run TelloFpv.

Folks, TelloFpv has passed 500 DEMO installations today. Considering it's been out there for just a few days I think this is good. Full app installs are far behind that figure but we shall see. The good thing is now its popular enough to show up in play store when searching for "Tello" or "DJI tello".

Beware:
I left a few comments on Youtube Tello reviews where they complained about bad video quality, lack of GPS functions, etc. I just received a lifetime ban from YT for spamming so be careful :ROFLMAO:. Maybe I should bribe the YT channel owners first. :censored:

Reactions: endure and Flydrone
I have found that while flying the Tello with TelloFPV, I am losing connectivity for a 1-3 seconds quite often. I am only a few feet from the drone using a Samsung s7 Edge. It shows connection lost and then reconnects but for a few seconds I have no control. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I have found that while flying the Tello with TelloFPV, I am losing connectivity for a 1-3 seconds quite often. I am only a few feet from the drone using a Samsung s7 Edge. It shows connection lost and then reconnects but for a few seconds I have no control. Has anyone else seen this behavior?
Does it do it with any of the other Tello Apps? Do you get other messages when this happens? I have a Zenfone and I get a message that "tello WIFI can not connect to the internet, do you want to change connections". This happens every one to two minutes and I have no control. What ever the Tello is doing at that time, it continues doing until I say no and close the window. I have tried everything I can find to stop this message from happening. I have had a couple of crashes because of this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccer843