Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

Thank you volat!lo for your app; it solved the official app problem that I had in my motorola Z3.

I am still to ask tons of things to you, as yesterday was a windy day (30km/h winds) at home, and I could not fly tello outside home

Cheers from Brazil!

Reactions: volate!lo
Hi, from Argentina!
I want to express my satisfaction using tello fpv. congratulations!
i have tried to use vGPS module, but despite following the steps indicated, a legend appears
"tello is too close!", no matter how many meters away.
I will be grateful if someone can explain to me how to do, or what can i do.
The trial period has expired.
My phone is a galaxy S10.
Thank you very much!!

Hi, from Argentina!
I want to express my satisfaction using tello fpv. congratulations!
i have tried to use vGPS module, but despite following the steps indicated, a legend appears
"tello is too close!", no matter how many meters away.
I will be grateful if someone can explain to me how to do, or what can i do.
The trial period has expired.
My phone is a galaxy S10.
Thank you very much!!
You have to stand close the take off point. Fly 10m away and click on the compass to open the vGPS camera screen.

You can also fly Tello above your head, set a new home point (long press the home button), then fly 10m away and start the vGPScamera screen.

You bring up a good point though. The test period should only start after the first successful vGPS flight... Please send your device id (see menu - about) to [email protected] and I'll send you a key for vGPS

The test period should only start after the first successful vGPS flight... Please send your device id (see menu - about) to [email protected] and I'll send you a key for vGPS
Continually impressive, you're a gem in a sea of stones.

I care not one whit for VGPS, but obviously some do.

I've said this a hundred times already but - thank you!

Reactions: xcrost
Hi - awesome app, i love it thanks for all your efforts

Is there any way to overlay telemetry info - speed/altitude to videos? I see that there is an altitude option on photos.

unless i have missed something?

You can use the screenrecording feature to record what you see instead (or in addition to) the normal recording. Sreenrecording is currently set to 2 Mbps though, so quality isn't the best.

Maybe time to make the screenrecording bitrate configurable by end users (there is a code to increase the bitrate but no simple switch)

Reactions: xcrost
Hi volate!lo!
Great job! Great product.
I have an illegal copy of this application, but I want to use a legal one. I really want to pay for your application and be a legal user. How can I do this in Russia? Thanks!

Hi volatrllo
Do I need to buy the app for each device or I can swap and use my phone/tablet???
Appreciate your input...

_ET4XvNwgjJ6_vEU22DiAVzO0ezWRUwWpn1O91JeKVA.jpg

I chose not to because of two reasons:
#1 in "auto mode" Tello decides by itself which EV to use, andthese values can be outside what is available manually. Example: In a room with low light the image is OK on "Auto", but even at "manual +3" its too dark.
#2 is useability: 3 photos take between 20s and 30 minutes to download, and each photo can only be taken after the previous has finished downloading...

Reactions: hrperez2003
What is the difference of bitrate and iframe?

This is a good explanation from TelloFPV programmer:

Hard to tell but as a rule of thumb: Close range high bitrate for best video, for longer range lower bitrate for better stability and less interference.
Iframe intervals depend if you have long lasting jitter or just for a few milliseconds. If long lasting jitter reduce the iframe period.

Please, use "Search" forum fuction located at Magnifier button and you will find lot of post talking about it.

Best regards

Reactions: ChrisWu
What is the use of vgps really? What differential feature does it add to tello?

vGPS adds mapping capabilities to Tello implementing a virtual GPS by using Tello's Optical Flow Positioning System and Cell Phone hardware.

For deeper explanation I suggest you reading PDF manual into TelloFPV application.

Best regards

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv