Hello Tello Pilot!
Join our DJI Tello community & remove this banner.

TelloFPV - The app for Tello FPV, Photo, Video

How can i get the latest manual
Really simple. ;)
Go into the PlayStore and look if you have the latest version of TelloPFV. If not, please update.
Open the app, go to the menu and choose Help. Then the manual will open as a pdf file. Of course you need a pdf viewer, but I guess you have one installed.
Then save the file to your memory of your phone.
To print that send the file to your printer, if the printer supoorts this way. Otherwise transfer the file to your computer. Maybe via USB connection or mail.
And finally print the file.

Exactly that. I think all pdf viewer have a 'share' feature which allows you to email the file to yourself.

Thanks spok and raul for jumping in. No clue why i did not receive notifications of new posts

A few months ago an app was announced and on pre-order. Never heard of it again and can't remember its name. Obviously it wasn't a big hit..

Hi @volate!lo ,

I would like to ask the default setting for tune controls, Rate Expo and Deadzone. I tried many combination that may suit my flying style, but I think I messed up my setting pretty much ?.

Thank youu.

sorry for being late ...

Some time ago the defaults changed to
rate 100
expo 50
dead 10

That gives a smoother flight experience.

Reactions: ChrisWu
Hi volate!lo,
Just bought the tello and your wonderfull telloFPV app. I have a queston regarding the wifi signal.

Since I am using the XiaoMi Wifi Repeater 2 to improve my wifi signal as many ppl do, does the Wifi signal strength shown in the app refer to the signal strength between the android phone and the repeater OR that between the tello and the repeater.
Reason I ask is that the flight control and video feed lost suddenly while the onsceen Wifi signal still said 90db and not changed.

How we know the change (decrease or drop) of wifi signal and avoid flying tello to area when wifi connection is about the drop? (and hence save it from fly away or autoland with no control)
Many thanks.
John

The wifi signal strength is calculated onboard by Tello itself, and reported back to the app about 2 times per second. So it gives the strength of the link between drone and repeater.

Now if you lose connection to the repeater for some reason (for example out of range, or because the phone automatically switched to another wifi, or re-activated cellular data, or the repeater dropped your phone's link for some reason) the signal reading can no longer be updated. It will stay at 90dB for a 2 or 3 seconds, until the disconnect from Tello is identified and the signal strength value changes to 0dB.

How to avoid this? Reduce the risk of the phone being disconnected from the repeater: Stay in range, remove ("forget") all other wifi networks nearby, and switch off cellular data.

Reactions: raulvolador
I don't know that one, but it looks _exactly_ like the Wifi +S .

Quick testing of the Wifi +S showed similar performance for me, and much easier setup (no app, no account, no internet required).
Only drawback was its slower to reconnect after lost connection.

This is by no means a thorough analysis, just my own impression. My Xiaomi hasn't left the junk-locker since the Wifi+s arrived

Thanks for your answer!
Honestly I have never encountered problems with Xiaomi, but it is just my curiosity about this extender.
if I buy it I will let you know.
thanks

The wifi signal strength is calculated onboard by Tello itself, and reported back to the app about 2 times per second. So it gives the strength of the link between drone and repeater.

Now if you lose connection to the repeater for some reason (for example out of range, or because the phone automatically switched to another wifi, or re-activated cellular data, or the repeater dropped your phone's link for some reason) the signal reading can no longer be updated. It will stay at 90dB for a 2 or 3 seconds, until the disconnect from Tello is identified and the signal strength value changes to 0dB.

How to avoid this? Reduce the risk of the phone being disconnected from the repeater: Stay in range, remove ("forget") all other wifi networks nearby, and switch off cellular data.
Many thanks for your prompt and detailed reply.
John

Workarounds for Android 10:

I bought a new Tello (Circa Nov 2019), and the Ryze Tello app wouldn't work with my Android 10 phone.
Fortunately Tello FPV does work, but I was having problems until I connected to the Ryze app on an older phone and updated the Tello firmware. So, if you have Android 10 and a Tello, I recommend using Tello FPV, and finding an older android phone (or iPad), and using it to register your Tello and update the firmware. The registration and firmware update should work even if you borrow a friend's phone if you don't have an older phone or iPad handy. (I used an older phone logged into a test account, and it still worked on my main google account).

While Tello FPV was working somewhat out of the box, I was seeing 0db signal strength (even though I saw some video) and very laggy controls until I did the firmware update.

I ran into the same 0db problem on my older phones until I did the registration and update, so if you see the same symptoms, try registering your Tello and updating the firmware using the Ryze app, then you can come back to the Tello FPV app.

I'd like to shout out to the app developer volate!lo, who did an awesome job supporting Tello FPV and helping me diagnose the problem, all with a very fast turnaround. Thanks, Vola!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Repiv